title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

YOWZA!!!

I can't believe how well I feel!!!  This is amazing!  I have felt so out of it for so many months.  The brain fog I had.  The dizziness/light-headed.  It seemed this came on slowly and I am so used to feeling not entirely well, and just putting it off as an age related thing.  I got used to it and just tried to cope.


You never know how bad something is until it's gone.  My mind and thinking and memory are so clear now.  I get out of my chair and walk all over and don't get dizzy.  Out of habit. I get up and walk to the kitchen table and stop, because that is where the dizzies used to hit me.  Then I realize, there is no dizzy feeling.  I can get up and walk all the way into the bathroom and no dizzies.



It was such an effort to do any thing.  Not just a physical effort, but a mental one too.  I am positive it also had something to do with the terrible depression I have been in for the last four months.  I felt like a Zombie all           the           time!!



"They" (medical people) have told me for the last three years that the dizziness was caused because my BP dropped when I stood, but I knew it was more than that.  I have no dizziness when I get out of bed in the morning, or when I am driving my car, or outside working.  So--I had to figure it out for myself.  Not one medical person has ever suggested that I take my meds at night.



Quite by accident (or was it a God Whisper?) I heard somewhere the Mayo Clinic suggested people take their BP med at bedtime because most heart attacks/strokes occur in the morning.  That sent me searching.  I Googled every med I take to see WHEN I was supposed to take it.  No where did it say to take it in the morning.  The only thing stated was, "take at the same time every day."

<although cholesterol med must be taken at bedtime and blood thinner should be taken right after supper>


Then quite by accident (or was it a God send?), my friend WHO NEVER CALLS ME, called the other day asking if I had an address for a fellow classmate.  She is a retired nurse.  I told her about my dizzies and she said she had experienced the same thing so she takes her BP meds at bedtime! "I just couldn't stand the brain fog they gave me during the day," she said.



 OH. MY.  GOSH!



So I decided to try taking them at night and watching my BP to see if it was high in the morning and late afternoon.



Nope!  It was the same as it had been when I took the meds in the morning.  After 4 days of taking the meds at night, I started feeling such a marked difference in "my head", I really couldn't quite believe it!



Have you ever taken a strong pain med, or a new med that made your head feel like it wasn't quite connected to your body, your head was swimming, or so full you could barely function?  That is the way I have felt since last summer.  I could not concentrate!  I thought perhaps I had a TIA and it was affecting my thought processes and even my speech.  Even the 24/7 Tinnitus doesn't seem as loud.



I tell you---IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

===============
So--today I tore into this house!!  So many things I have put off and it will probably take me a few days to get caught up, I was on a tear!


I had it all cleaned out, ready to move it to my bedroom.  Providentially, my sister and BIL just happened to stop in.  How do you like that for another Godsend?

I'm so glad because even with the sliders underneath, it took Chuck and me both to move it all the way back there and get it set in place.  He pushed, I guided and Susie vacuumed where it had sat.


My biggest fear has been getting my TV/cable box/DVD player hooked back up correctly.  Of course, my BIL Chuck is a genius and a heavy furniture mover helper.  :-)



I now look at my TV straight on--I kind of like it at that level, just don't like the old trunk it's sitting on, but...this will spur me on to save more money for that media center/fireplace!

Now, the next few days, I can move stuff from the computer room closet back to my bedroom and have every single skein of yarn and every needle and hook I own, all in one place.


And the "washed" painted pale green of the cupboard goes with my bedroom furniture. 






10 comments:

  1. My doctor always asks me what time of the day. I'm so glad you are feeling good again!

    Wow, your living room looks different without the cabinet. But I know what you mean about it helping you to save up the money you need for the unit you want. I often put the cart before the card myself. You're going to love having your craft stuff all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my yarn stuff and equipment I use for testing Chris' designs go in that armoire. It was stacked in the closet and I cannot stand clutter, it makes me nervous. LOL

      Delete
  2. Judy, The cabinet is perfect in this corner, just like you thought it would be! I am elated that taking the BP meds at night clears your brain fog. Truly, this info a Godsend. And your sister and B-i-L stopping by is one, too. And you being there for the woodpecker is a Godsend. You've got me thinking... to take notice of the Godsends in my own life as they pop in. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These things occur and they can't really just be coincidental. Why would I not even be thinking my BP pills were causing my mental fog, wake in the morning with that as the first thought in my head? God Whisper. Why would my friend, the retired nurse, just happen to call on the day I was going to start taking my meds at bedtime? She NEVER calls. Why would my sister and BIL just happen to drop in just as I was trying to get up the courage and strength to move that cabinet? They never do that--they always call first. God Send. These kinds of unexplained things have happened often, so I give the credit to God. :-)

      Delete
  3. I think it looks great! I love the cabinet in the bedroom and I really like your dresser! I'm so glad you are feeling better. Rich takes BP medicine and always takes it at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up this morning and there was the cabinet and I just laid in bed for a moment, critically looking at it and I love it there.
      I am finding a lot of people take their BP at night. I never knew you could!!!!

      Delete
  4. So glad you are feeling more like yourself again. I have always taken my pills at night.
    You can't beat having ambition, and must take advantage of it when it hits.
    Hope each day continues to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh! I wish I had known I could take them at night! Why don't the medical people tell you that?

      Delete
  5. I've already sais, but I think the cabinet looks great there, and I was so glad to hear that Chuck was there to help you. Why? Because you're so much like me, and you would have just kept going on your until it was there. :)

    Those God Whispers are always such a wonderful blessing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sally--I already had those slider thingys under it. I would have had a heck of a time getting down the hallway, but I would have, even if it took me hours. A woman on a mission cannot be stopped. HAH!

      Delete