title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, February 5, 2016

A February Friday

I didn't forget!!  Got to the doctor's office at 10:00 to get my 3 vials of blood drawn.  I prefer getting it don't there, rather than the lab, because Michelle, the doctor's nurse uses a butterfly needle and I barely feel the pick.

I can hardly wait to see the results of the tests.  I will get on my Patient Portal and be able to read them loooong before my doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon.  I keep a record, so I will be able to look and see any changes from last year or if one is "high or low", I will be able to ask the doc about it, because usually all a doc will say is, "You blood looks good."  NOPE!!  I want to see and compare results.
<you may notice I have a tendency not to fully trust medical people>
==================

The wounded female Downy Woodpecker has a perfectly fine, brand new, suet cake feeder in the Lilac bush where she likes to hang out.  She was feeding from it on Wednesday,



The minute I refilled the nicer little wooden house one and hung it up under the porch railing, she wanted to feed there.  Insisted on it in fact.  As you can see, she can't fly that far to get to it.


Only one thing to do, lower it and put it on the Shepherd's crook where she can get to it.

BUT--if she continues to sit and sun at the bottom of the Rose of Sharon bush, the Big Black Feral Cat with the bright green eyes, is going to get her again and this time I might not see it in time to save her little bird brain!!

=================
I've felt rough all day long.  Tired and light-headed.  Didn't know what I was going to have for supper, but John and Maizey stopped in at 5:00.  He had made chicken noodle soup yesterday and brought me two plastic containers.  He makes really good chicken noodle soup!!!  So--problem solved!!
===========
Have a nice weekend.  Enjoy the Super Bowl, if you watch.  I don't much care of Pro Football, but I will watch.

Tomorrow, Michigan State plays their cross state rival, University of Michigan.  I for sure will be watching that game and rooting for my Michigan State Spartans.

GO GREEN!!!


17 comments:

  1. Your poor Woodpecker! It's only a matter of time before the cat gets her again. You did good on the video. I have to do some one day.

    We have a lot more snow on the ground on my side of the state.

    Enjoy your games. If you're not into the superbowl, the kitten bowl is on. Levi and I always watch the puppy bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are suppose to have more snow--all that lake effect of Lake Michigan--HAH!! We are supposed to get a little bit for the next 3-4 days. I don't mind, in fact, I'd like a nice big snow storm--6-8 inches. I love feeling snowed in (although that never happens around here.)

      Delete
  2. You sure have some nice neighbors ... bearing gifts! Of FOOD! Nice. I need to do that!

    It's so hard to watch Mother Nature at work. Especially right outside your window.

    Both my Oregon Dr and my Maui Dr (and the hospital before knee replacement) don't do fasting blood tests any more. I keep track of my results also. On a spreadsheet! It's a good thing old people have time ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a few years it was such a big deal to check everyone's Vitamin D levels. Now--Medicare won't pay for it, so they no longer check. Why don't you have fasting blood tests--to check your cholesterol?

      Delete
  3. I am who is reading from Cape Coral Florida. (normally Grand Rapids, Mi).
    It is a cool day today. We are settled in and really looking forward to the big rival game. Go Green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did it, Mitzi. Pounded them Weasels good!!!

      Delete
  4. It's a good thing I don't live in Michigan; I guess I'd never get out of bed. Slept until noon today 'cause it's cold. Okay, yell at me. LOL

    Not a super bowl fan only because I know zilch about football. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, all you have to know is that First--the team with the ball gets 4 tries to make points. If they don't, they kick the ball to the other team and they then get 4 tries. Easy Peasy. :-)

      Delete
  5. I enjoy your videos. Hope the little bird will heal and be safe. I found a dead female cardinal which was probably killed by these useless dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cardinals. Dogs like to chase them too, but I don't think they would eat them--not like a cat would.

      Delete
  6. I love all the effort you put forth on behalf of your woodpecker. It sounds to me as though she might make it. If she's eating, and able to fly at least some, she may be able to avoid Mr. Horrible. I love cats, but I lvoe birds, too, and it does bother me to see how many birds are lost to them. Even my little Dixie Rose, who hasn't been outdoors since she was four months old, will sit on a chair and watch the birds feed. with a bit of a chatter and expression that clearly says, "If I could get out there, those birds would be toast!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cats do the same!! Their little jaws just quiver thinking about all those delicious birdie heads they can bite off!!

      Delete
  7. I watched your video. Oh! She tried so hard. She's got the best of care now, with you lowering the feeder.

    I watch blood lab results like a hawk, too. Can't ever be satisfied with a "Looks good", so I grill the doctor. Luckily, he still likes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doc was an ER doc and when he started his practice, I was his first patient--so he has to like me!! LOL

      Delete
  8. Hope all is well.. missed you this weekend!BTW- cold here again tonight... 55 degrees by the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you doing okay? I hope so. xoxo

    ReplyDelete