title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 17, 2015

YOWSER!!!!!

The printing company, 1/2 mile up the road, has a comb machine and they would charge me between $2.50-$3.00 per book!  HAH!!!  I knew I could figure it out.  I do not know why I thought I had to use Staples for printing and binding!!  This place is owned by local people!

I went to the chiropractor this afternoon and stopped at Staples on the way home to pick up my print job.  They did an adequate job--my long pedigree pages, to insert in the book, are 11" on the side so they will fit in the book and 17" or 24".  I have two more pedigrees to do and will take them to the local print shop this time.  :-)


Yesterday, I met Bethie in Byron and rode with her up to Corunna for our Old Gal Pal's Lunch.  I found it humorous that we had been to this same restaurant years ago and it was awful.  But June, our gal in the group who knows EVERYTHING and sometimes is prone to lunch long dissertations and thinks all the rest of us are under-educated hicks, said that, "They have new owners now.  I'll make a reservation for us."    The restaurant has no parking lot for its patrons--we had to park in the bank's parking lot and hoped that we wouldn't get towed--June had promised we could park there.

Is it even legal for a restaurant to be in business with no parking lot for patrons?

The place is still filthy and the food mediocre.  I had a Coney Dog and had diarrhea all last night.
Anyway, Beth and I had a nice ride and a good time to chat.
==========
Then I went out to The Farm to visit my 'Lil Sis and they weren't home.  Actually they were at the dentist just up the road from where I live.  So, Pammie was home so I stopped in there for a bathroom break and a quick chat.  She was mowing her 4 acre lawn,, so it was quick so she could get back to her job.  She mows, not just the lawn like I did, but also now mows the un-used field west of the house and part of the field east of the house.  It looks beautiful, so lush and green.  She is doing a great job getting the old family farm back in decent condition.

I left her and stopped at the next door neighbor's to thank them for watching over Pammie and being such good neighbors.  I hadn't seen them since my Dad's funeral, 7 years ago.  Nice visit.

I didn't get home until nearly 6:00.  Then 'Lil Sis called and told me that Jennifer had visited her last weekend.  First visit to The Farm in about two years.  'Lil Sis has a much better way of laying guilt than I do, as the mother.  She did a great job.  Jen has always been special to my sister because she was born more mere months before my sister's first child, so the kids played together and Jen was at their house a lot.

They hugged and kissed and Jen cried, so it was a great visit.  I think perhaps now Jen realizes that her moving back here, 13 years ago, so she could be closer to family--should be the reason she now stays here!  We shall see.

I won't say anymore of their conversation, relayed to me by Susan, suffice it to say---I think at 43, my youngest daughter finally realizes all she has given up by having to have a mansion, that she has to work 18 hour days to maintain at the cost of missing out on her children's lives.

It takes some quite a while to come to that kind of knowledge.
========================
Pearl stopped over last evening.  The idiot woman (Tami) who lives in the trailer between Pearl and I is redoing her kitchen.  She had the last two days off, so there was much activity--at times.  At 12:05 last night, apparently it was decided then would be a good time to lay flooring, complete with loud air compressor running an equally loud nail hammer.  All this about 25 feet from my open bedroom window.  I just got to sleep and the air compressor and nail gun started in.  15 minutes later, it got quiet, I drifted off and then the racket started again, waking me up.  This went on until 2:00 am.

Tami had just complained Wednesday morning that, squirrels dropping green pine cones on her roof has disturbed her sleep and, "I have to work and I need my sleep!"  Which leads me to believe that her sleep is way more important than mine.  GR-RR!!

Pearl and I have been praying that Tami et al would move, but apparently, God has a different plan?  Oh, by the way, Tami and her new hubs are borderline Wiccans.   They were married on Halloween.  In a cemetery.
=======================
John and I went out to supper tonight,  I had a gift card, so he drove and I paid.  We laughed so hard that people glanced over at us.  YIKES!!  He is funny, but you know, he reminds me of Dar.  He talks so much and repeats his stories ad nauseum.  AND, like Dar, if I manage to get a word in edge-ways, it's like he is waiting to jump in with a reply and isn't really listening to me.    Oh well, the meal was good anyway.  LOL

6 comments:

  1. How beyond rude that is to use an air hammer at midnight! I'd be tempted to do a payback some early morning when I know she wants to sleep in.

    Your daughter Jen sure seems to be going through a hard time now. Hope she gets her problems worked through soon and, of course, not move. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree - doing work at that time of night making such noise. Very inconsiderate to say the least.

    I understand now about your son-in-law, and I do think you mentioned it before about his job and I forgot. That seems to be happening to me a lot lately. Can't seem to get my mind straight on things. In fact, Patti said to me the other day about and argument that Britt and I had a couple of days prior. I didn't even remember!

    I am SO happy that you found that print shop; that's an awesome deal and will help so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to find the local print shop. The books you are making are such a wonderful gift to all your family, and so attractive.
    We have ordinances about noise of the type that was coming from Tami's. That is awful!! No work prior to 7 am or after 9 pm.
    I remember back a ways how thinking how wonderful it was for you to have your little sister moving "back home," and I can see now it is a benefit in many more ways. Glad she had that visit with Jen!!
    Nice to have those little dates with John once in awhile, and even though he chats a lot, it sounds like you do a lot of laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finding affordable binding.

    BOO on inconsiderate neighbors. I bet your town has quiet hours ... ours is 10pm til 7:30 am ... so give them a call next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a very inconsiderate neighbor for sure! I'm glad Jennifer is coming to the realization of how important family is...so much time wasted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found less expensive binding. Way to go.

    I can't believe that Tammy. I won't let H mow the lawn till 9:00 am, and that's during the week when most people have left for work. When you live close to each other, you have to be considerate.

    ReplyDelete