title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, July 24, 2015

Wild Thing

NO--not me.  Oh for goodness sake--not me.  I never was a wild thing, although, it might be fun to try?

No--I'm referring to my wild Weigela.  I didn't trim it back last summer, so it was in need.


Last June 2014




John saw me working outside and came back in a few minutes with all these yard waste bags for me!

Piles of branches







Whack job!!




I don't do well in the heat and  humidity--both of which we had today--so when it got too "dizzying", I turned on the garden hose sprinkler head to "Shower", pointed it skyward and stood under the lovely cool water.   Kind of like this.


I watered all my porch containers and washed off the porch.
=================
I really like Dar's sister-in-law, Pat.  She is the one I did her genealogy search and made up a Family Book for.  She and I have been having a good time, as she has been taming/reorganizing/beautifying Dar's gardens.  Dar is not a gardener.  Dar could care less about what is in her garden.  Dar doesn't KNOW what is in her garden.

Her brother Terry and Pat (the ones who moved to AZ on May 13th and moved back here on June 1st), have been staying with Dar while they are house hunting.  Pat loves to garden and has made some really nice improvements.

"What's going to happen next spring?  If you aren't here to plant all these beautiful annuals?"

"Not my problem.  I'm doing it now and it will be up her to keep it up."

"Why don't you and Terry just stay here and live here.  I'd love it if you did."

"Nah.  You'd get tired of me after a while."

"I don't think so!  I think we'd have a good time, yakking and gardening and sharing plants."

"Yes...I think we would," she said.
============================
I woke up at 7:00 this morning.  The sunlight was streaming in my bedroom window and it looked like a glorious day.  I felt very content and smiled.  Rolled over, peeked at the clock, the cats moved a bit and settled back down.  I sighed, closed my eyes, and we slept until 9:00.  I live such a wonderful life!!

This one likes to do this for an hour at a time.  Maggie loves watching the activity going on in the outside world.  If a Chipmunk comes onto the porch, she watches and if it jumps off the porch (to the right in this pix), she runs over to the front window and watches him pick up bird seed on the ground, then as the Chipmunk runs to the back porch, she runs over to the kitchen window to follow him along.








This one sits here and watches me whenever I am on the computer.  I love how he tucks in his front paws.  He is my best Buddy.



John called this morning.  "Hi J.J.  You up and dressed yet?"

"Yeah.  Why?"

"We are out in front and Maisey is at the bottom step on your porch."

"Okay--I'll be right out."

The minute I stepped out the door, Maisey came hopping up the steps.  John and I yakked, while I fed Maisey dog food.  She won't eat dry dog food at home, but she will eat it if we take it out of a baggie and give to her one piece at a time.  She thinks it's a treat.  LOL

We talked about many things for about 45 minutes.  He had to get back home to fix lunch for the older, shut-in couple that he feeds every Friday.  I stood up to go into the house and he said,  "See ya later, Legs."

I said, "Okay.  Later, Stumpy."
=================


3 comments:

  1. In your 70s and you've still got it...legs. LOL My dog is the same way with dog food. He loves eating it one piece at time out of my hand.

    Your cats are have so much personality. I don't know how people live without a dog or cat in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whole LIFE has personality! So fun to be a homebody! My kidult is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was some hot work you were out there doing, Legs. LOL I love it, and Stumpy too. It's so nice that you have a buddy to talk to.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete