title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Grouchy





I'm not really grouchy, 

I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, loud music, unruly kids, yappy dogs,  noisy neighbors, Robo-calls, Depends commercials, politicians and a few other things I can't seem to remember right now. 
==================================
Yesterday--got up early and by 8:30, I was outside, washing out the cat litter box.  The big one I have.  Back was hurting by the time that was done.

Back inside and decided as long as the litter box was empty, I would vacuum this room, which led to taking down and washing the curtains, dusting all the shelves, picking up and throwing away stuff, going out to the shed to get a plastic storage box to put a ton of cross stitched pictures in.  Said pictures were hanging on my wall with those 3-M hookie things, which came un-stuck and pictures fell to the floor and the glass broke in one of them.  BE DAMNED!!!  they all went into the storage box!

Chiropractor--I had him work on my STILL painful neck, shoulder and shoulder blade.  I didn't even tell him my lower back was hurting--that will get better with rest.

Merle and Pearl INVITED me out to supper at Applebees.  "Okay, but if you treat, I will pay the tip."  Okay.  I knew just what I would order.  Yum.

They picked me up at 5:00 and we drove right by Applebees to a new restaurant.  The minute we walked in, I knew this wasn't going to be a good experience.

The very cheapest thing on the menu was an appetizer--Nachos--$10.00 and they weren't all that great.

I got a BLT--$12.00 and it was made on toasted rye bread and tasted sort of funny.  Pearl, who is on a diet, ordered a "fully loaded baked potato", a large Greek salad and "just a small dish of ice cream...with chocolate sauce."  Merle, who ate most of the Nachos, ordered a Chef's salad and a beer.

Total cost?  $37.50.  Total tip:  $10.00, the last of the money in my wallet.

Next?  A trip up to the cemetery where their family is buried and they will be buried.  Good thing they are going to be cremated because a casket would not fit in between their headstone and the road!!!  and, on a severe slant.

Then Pearl wanted to find her Dad's grave.  She knew right where it was. We drove up and down lanes.  Around and Around.  

"Merle, it's over by the pond, by that funny looking tree."

We stopped, she looked out the window.  No tree, but she said, "I know, it's right over there."  So I exited the car, which was difficult, (20 year old car, no padding in the back seat, low to the ground,) and limped over to find Dear Dead Dad.  The flat marker is below ground level now, but I did find him and the step-mother.

I stood and waved so she would know right where the marker was.  "Seventh grave in this row," I told her.

When I crawled back into the back seat, I mentioned, "You need to call the cemetery sexton and get that marker raised.  It needs a new cement slab under it.  If you leave it like that, in a couple of years, it will be covered by dirt and grass and you won't even be able to see the names."

"How much would that cost?"

"Probably a hundred dollars."

"Well, I'm not going to spend that kind of money on him!  I didn't really like him all THAT much!"

....but we had just spent half an hour trying to find his grave?  WHATEVER!
=====================
 Two years ago, our garbage men came at 7:00 am every Thursday morning.  We put our garbage out the night before.   This past two years, they started coming around 2:00 in the p.m.  Some still put their garbage out at night, and some of us put ours out in the morning.

This morning, at 7:30, I heard the garbage truck.  I leaped out of bed, jumped into my clothes and hauled out my full and heavy garbage can.  The garbage truck was at the opposite end of the street, but no problem.  They make a pass down the street and pick up on the south side, then they come back around and pick up on the north side--my side.

I heard them coming around the block, but apparently TODAY, they had picked up BOTH sides of my street at the same time, so when they came up the street again, they drove right passed my OVER LOADED can and kept on going!

I had to haul the sucker back up behind the porch.  What am I going to put next weeks garbage in?  My pail is full to the top!

Oh--what the hell.  I need a new pail anyway!    

So, next WEDNESDAY NIGHT, I will haul out TWO pails.  I will have to put a note on the handle of the overloaded OLD pail that says, "Please take pail too".
=======================
No--I'm not a bitch bit grouchy today!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just a bunch of minor irritations but enough to make someone grouchy! We always put our garbage out on the night before because we never know when our are coming. Sometimes I see them on my way to work and sometimes the garbage is still sitting there when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, will answer your question from comment - desperate for some relief of the arthritis pain and daughter recommended Celebrex - 100 mg - last me about 8 hours
    and before cortisone shot took before going to bed about 8:00 with a banana and plenty of water (you have to eat something) Relieved pain until morning and then took another one after breakfast - so basically one at night and one in the morning.
    So pleased I found this for times I need it. Cortisone shot received on Monday
    for shoulder and neck pain - worked in a few hours - I have had them in the past
    and just do not like taking anything but the only way for me to find relief for a few months. So not taking Celebrex at this time. It has given me a terrific appetite and this is wonderful for me to once again
    want food. Going through the last number of weeks of severe pain lost 3 lbs and and now 105 lbs. My daughter much bigger then her mama takes 200 mg.
    Hope I have made sense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's plenty of grouchy material!!! i started to "straighten up" my kitchen cabinets and that has now become a huge project, going right down to the shelves and putting in new contact paper. at this point i am at the, "why did i start this project" stage but i will be happy when it's done.

    we've had the same garbage woes....i just always put it out the night before!! i hope today was better, sometimes the heat makes everything seem worse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's the heat making you not on top of your game. All those little annoying things get to you more in hot weather.

    By the way, I hate those Depends Ads, too. The very target audience (age wise) they are after. Jeez!

    ReplyDelete