title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, July 27, 2015

Oh oh!

My Wiccan neighbor's are in trouble now!!

Their friends were over Saturday evening and started working on installing the laminate flooring at midnight.  I still don't know why they can't work on the flooring in the afternoon, but I guess they have to wait until after dark and the "witching" hour.  (Witching--get it?)

It was hot last night, so I had my windows closed up when I went to bed.  I also put the blinds down because their bright work light was hanging in their kitchen window--which shines into my bedroom window.  I turned my back on the window and went to sleep.

BUT---

At 3:00 am, their friends were leaving.  They were talking and laughing loudly and proceeded to slam the doors on the back of their work van.  I did not wake up...BUT, it woke up and scared Dar, her brother and sister-in-law.  They thought the loud noises were gun shots!!

Dar is going up to the office and reporting Tamara and Ron.  Two weeks ago, when they kept me awake for two hours, I mentioned it to my friend who works for the park.  He said, "In the Park Rules it states "quiet time" from 11:00 pm until 7:00 am.  Do you want to report them?"

I declined, love they neighbor and all that, but Dar is going to get them now.  You all know when Dar gets it in her mind to do something---well she was waiting at the door when the office opened at 9:00 this morning.

She came back around 10:00 and came over.

"I have just gone to the office and ranted.  Tami is going to get a warning today, but I have to write and sign a letter of complaint.  It goes into their file.  Can  you write up and type it for me?"

"Ah-hh, can't you type?"

"I don't have time.  Terry, Pat and I are just about to leave.  You know how to type these kinds of things.  You say it much better than I ever could."

"Nah.  I don't want to."

"Why not!!!?  

"Because, I am not the one filing the complaint.  It is not my story to tell...it's yours."

"But you heard the noises too.  Last weekend and now this weekend."
<manipulation>

"Yes....but I am not filing a complaint.  You are.  It's up to you to write up exactly what happened."

"But...I don't have time.  I have to have the complaint written, signed and in the office tomorrow morning.  We are going to see Terry and Pat's new house and we won't be back until this evening."

I just smiled and shook my head.

"Okay, I guess I can write it up myself.  It should be typed though."

"Have Terry or Pat type it.  They know how to use the computer."

She kind of huffed out the door.
==========================

Noon:  Pearl just called.  Dar was over to their house yesterday after work and asked them if they had heard the noise Sunday morning.  Pearl said, yes they had.  Dar said she was filing a complaint and wanted to know if they wanted to sign also.

Pearl told her, "No. They're putting in a new floor and when they get done, the noise will stop."

The problem Pearl and I have now, is that when Tami gets the notice, she is going to think it came from Pearl or I.  She would never think about it being Dar.  Neither one of us wants Tami, who lives between us, to be mad at us!  

Conundrum!!






6 comments:

  1. Our quiet time is 10pm til 8am! Hopefully your park management will not tell them names of who is not happy with their late night work. My EVIL former Maui Chairperson DID tell as he wanted other people to not like us. I believe in Karma ... even if it is a little slow! Look who is on the Board there now (me) and who isn't (him)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is kept confidential, however, Tami would never think it was Dar and she might think it was Pearl or Me, even though we are the only people who talk to her.

      Delete
    2. Oops, I'm afraid you're right, Judy. And, really Pearl is right; once the work is done, etc. But, then again we don't know about those wiccan's. :)

      Glad it didn't wake you though.

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good for you for not allowing Tami to manipulate you into doing something she needs to do herself. I can just hear her tell Tami "Judy 'did' the complaint." I love Pearl's answer for not signing the complaint. They're too old to tangle with Tami so why start something over noise that will come to an end. If yours and Pearl's lights didn't go on that night they might not think either of you complained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Dar put her loud mouth to good use about Tami's insane night habits, IMHO. Tami's quite the insensitive oaf and a kick in her behind might be just what she needs. If she DOES think you are behind the complaint (which would be out of character) she may listen up. You know, bullies respect bullies?!! She may even come over and apologize to you LOL. I was so afraid to stand up to my noisy, eyesore neighbor and it all turned out well. He's all smiles to me now - his dog has an anti-bark collar, a big tall fence (at my expense) now assures my eyes see something pretty instead of 10 junk cars. I'm hoping other neighbors have jumped down his throat, too. Some people are clueless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a complainer either, Judy, not about neighbors at least. They have to do something outrageous for me to say anything, and it would have to be an ongoing problem that I couldn't live with. When you live in close quarters, I've learned that it's best to tolerate nuisances and complain only about major long-term stuff and to learn the difference between the two. You were smart not to type Dar's complaint for her. She would have dragged you into it.

    ReplyDelete