title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday


It IS Wednesday.

While most of you know that, with no sleep Monday night and in an emotional and mental fog yesterday...I don't even remember going to bed. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I saw was my "day reminder" hanging on the bedroom closet door.


Thankfully, John called and said, "Remember to get your garbage out tonight.  The guys are coming at seven in the morning now.  I don't want to see you out there, still in your nightie, dragging your garbage pail down the street, trying to catch up with the garbage truck!"

"Oh.  Is it Wednesday?"

"Yes.  Are you feeling better today?"

"Yes.  Thanks for reminding me.  See ya."

"Oh wait--remember not to use the water today.  They are flushing out the wells and the water pipes.  All you'll get is rusty water."

"Yes.  Thanks.  I DID remember that."  HAH

I went into the bedroom and flipped the card over to Wednesday.  It IS Wednesday.
===============================
Look at this.  My best Buddy.  He's looking out the east window--keeping an eye on the Wiccans' next door.  Ever vigilant.



















He came and stood by my chair and meowed, it sounded like, Mom?"

When I stood up, he trotted over to his food area and sat down by the water bowl and meowed again.

I walked over and looked down, the water bowl was completely dry.  I must have forgotten to fill it last night before I went to bed AND this morning when I fed them.  GEEZ!!!

Not wanting to give either one of my kids water from the tap, I filled the bowl with bottled water.

See how he drinks from the opposite side of the bowl?  Apparently he doesn't want to get his nose wet, so he laps from the other side and gets his chin wet.  He must have drank for 15 minutes.

Then he jumped up on the couch and took a nap in the sun.


All these years of having pets, I didn't know it was possible to love an animal so much!
================
This was posted on Face Book this morning.







"August 8.  Can't wait.  I'm going!"


In Detroit.

At least they have the decency not to have this peculiar event on a Sunday.

This statue was recently shown in Detroit also.  


"The Satanic Temple of Detroit revealed a new, 9-ft.-tall statue of Baphomet at a ticketed event shortly before midnight on July 25. Hundreds of supporters turned out for the show and cheered and chanted "Hail Satan" when the statue was unveiled. 

About 100 protesters showed up Saturday afternoon to challenge the statue, claiming it was "disrespectful" to other religions. Jex Blackmore, the director of the Satanic Temple of Detroit,described the Temple as "non-theistic" to WJBK-TV and said the participants do not celebrate "the Judeo-Christian representation of Satan." 

The group originally planned to display the monument on the Oklahoma State Capitol grounds next to a monument of the Ten Commandments, as an objection to the placing of a religious monument on government property. Blackmore said Saturday the statue would be transported to Arkansas next – earlier this year, Governor Asa Hutchinson signed a bill authorizing a Ten Commandments monument near the state Capitol."
=======================
Living next door to these people is a real test of my belief in "religious freedom." 





7 comments:

  1. I love my 4 cats more than I could ever love certain people.

    Where do I find your email? Dying to know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cheyenne. I don't know your email. I looked around on your blog, but I couldn't find it. It's probably in plain sight. :) Mine is bellarum@yahoo.com and you can always find it on my "About" page or at the bottom of my blog. I hope everything is okay. Your kitty looks positively beatific lying there. What a life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe in this day and age there are people who worship Satan! Crazy.

    Your cats are so angelic and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly understand your love of your cats. I have always loved my dogs so much. They always love us and entertain us.

    Hope things smooth out for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see I'm not the only one that goes into a mental fog whenever I get upset about things going on in my life. Poor buddy must have been really thirsty! That statue scares me! I hate that it's even getting publicity here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see I'm not the only one that goes into a mental fog whenever I get upset about things going on in my life. Poor buddy must have been really thirsty! That statue scares me! I hate that it's even getting publicity here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I can understand living next to those neighbors. Hopefully, in the future they'll keep all that stuff to themselves. I guess it would be rude to unfriend them on FB. I agree that statute gives me the pure creeps. ugh

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete