title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Again

I have said this before, but it needs to be said again.

It never ceases to amaze me how the blogosphere is such a close knit group.  I always get so much support and comfort from you ladies.  More than from friends I see everyday.  Weird, isn't it.  Thank you again!!
====================


Jackie (nice woman) who lives across the street had knee replacement surgery Monday.  She came home yesterday afternoon!!!  She lives alone, but her grand girl is staying with her.  She decided not to go to rehab.  I visited her for a bit this morning.  

She can't control the pain.  Her pain meds scare her so she won't take them.  She can barely walk to the bathroom.  NOW--if she were in rehab, they would monitor her, help her to the bathroom, check on her every hour, bring her food, on and on.  She is 78 years old.  

I was awake early this morning--garbage truck roar woke me at 7:20.  Got up, fed the kids, staggered in here and saw Darlene walk over to Jackies.  Nice of her to check on Jackie.  Darlene was smoking, she stood on the driveway for awhile, then bent down to snub out her cigarette, walked over to one of Jackie's plant containers, and buried her cigarette butt in the pot.

Is this woman entirely clueless to the fact that this fall, when Jackie cleans up her annuals, and cleans out the dirt in the pot, she will find that cigarette butt?  Is there enough nicotine in that butt to kill the roots on the pretty tangerine Tuberose Begonia that blooms so prettily in that pot?

When Dar goes for a walk, she always smokes and when done with her ciggie, she just throws the butt down on the street.  In front of someones driveway?  So what!

She used to smoke on her way over here and I'd watch at she threw the butt on my lawn.  The first time I saw that, I asked her not to do that again.  

"What am I supposed to do with the butt?"

"Drag is on the cement to get the ash and residue off.  You have only the filter left.  Roll it and put it into your pocket until you get home and throw it away!"

The last time I went to supper with her, the second we came out of the restaurant, she lit up.  She wanted to take a walk down the sidewalk to look into some store windows.  She just casually walked along, expelling her smoke as she strolled, whether other people were next to her or not.  I didn't even want to be seen with her!!!!!!!  When she was done, she flipped the butt out onto the parking lot.

Of course, I did tell you about the time I had to take her to the ER and on the way out, me pushing her in a wheel chair, she lit up while we were still in the lobby!!!  I said, "You can't smoke in here!"

"Well, hurry up and get me outside."
======================
Ya know what?  The more I am around that woman, the more I dislike her!  She is becoming even more bossy, boastful, and pushy since she got her Union Rep job where she works!

The other day, I was over to her yard, talking to Pat her SIL, whom I adore, about the garden she was working on.  Dar kept butting in to tell Pat things like, "Oh Judy doesn't like to do that."  "Judy is the kind of person who wouldn't....."   "Judy feels like..........".

I so wanted to say, "Look, I am not a five year old that you have to tell Pat how I think, act or feel!  You don't know me as well as you think!"

But of course I didn't, but I saw Pat roll her eyes, when Dar was distracted and not looking.  She does it when I am present around her and another friend of hers--she has two.  I think I just might say that next time, because the temperament and mood I am in these days, I just do not suffer fools very well!
==========================
I worked on this bulletin board/collage picture thingie I have in this room.  I have put it back together about 4 times in the last 12 years.  After awhile, the photos fall out.  This time, I put a tiny drop of Elmer's glue behind each one.  Maybe they will stay in place longer?


Today it was so nice and cool with low humidity--until about 1:00.  I dead-headed the annuals, and checked on the perennials, washed out my garbage can and sat on my porch for awhile.

Maisey stopped by this morning, for a pet and a treat.  John was with her, but he didn't get a pet or a treat.  We had a nice chat however, while Maisey nosed the screen on the front door and Maggie The Cat nosed the other side.  I was amazed Maggie didn't run away.

I was trying to be nice, so I asked John where I could buy a new garbage can with wheels.  (As if I didn't know!)  He told me he bought his at Lowes, it is square, with wheels, and a handle, with a locking lid    "I think I paid around twenty bucks for it."

"Okay.  Thanks.  I love Lowes.  I will check there."

He SOOOOOOOO needs to feel needed and useful---maybe I made his day?  I should have given him a $20 and asked if he'd run up to Lowe's and get me one.  I know he would have--he is so easy to take advantage of.  However, my independent self would not allow that! LOL

15 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of smokers, most, but not all, seem very inconsiderate. I really suffer with a chronic illness, I would give anything to be healthy....it really bothers me to see healthy people have no regard for their health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that way about people that drink. I feel like alcohol would be poison to my body, therefore, I have never drank. When/if I ever smoke a "real" cigarette, it is in my home or car. I NEVER smoke in public or even at anyone's home-outside. We all have our biases and mine is alcohol. That and hard liner, far to the left, telling me I'm stupid, Liberals. LOL

      Delete
  2. Your photo board looks great. Yours looks so neat. You ought to see mine.

    If that was Levi on the other side of the screen from your cat he'd go right through it and I'd have to buy you a new one. LOL All and all John sounds like one of the nicer neighbors you have, even if he annoys you on occasion. Anyone and everyone can be annoying at times when we have other problems on our minds that we're not ready to talk about or share. Don't be afraid to pull into side your "turtle shell" when Dar gets on your nerves. Or unload on her sometime. Maybe she'd back off if she gets some push back once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean--the bulletin board's neatness is all about my OCD and the wanting to get control over something in my miniscule life. HAH

      Delete
  3. I'm curious - Do John and Dar have anything to do with one another? Dar walks right over anybody is easy to take advantage of.

    I'm off to Maine in my RV today. I'm been so busy lately; maybe I'll have time to finally post now that I'm on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing Dar and John have in common is, he plows the snow from her driveway all winter long (as he does everyone else) and they both talk way to much and mostly about themselves. He thinks she might be a Lesbian, because she is sort of mannish, so I just let him think that. LOL. Yes, I know. I am not a nice person!! Have a great vakay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Jackie must be in a lot of pain. It's too bad that pain medication scares her and she won't go to rehab. People shouldn't suffer unnecessarily! I think it's time you kicked Dar to the curb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, Jackie has a nurse coming in one a day, so many the nurse can reassure her to take her pain meds. You gotta take them every 4 hours or the pain will get worse and then you can't get on top of it--I told Jackie that!

      I would literally like to kick Dar to the end of my driveway--we have no curbs here. :-)

      Delete
  5. Dar would drive me right over the edge!

    John seems nice. He's probably very lonely and enjoys visiting all the neighbors with Maisey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John IS very lonely--that's why he stays so involved with groups from church and other social groups. He has either breakfast or lunch with some such group every day and goes to church on Wednesday nights, Saturday nights and Sundays--also works on the churches funeral dinners, plus takes a meal to a shut-in couple every Wednesday. Walks Maisey at least once a day and stops and talks to anyone who is out, along our street. AND can't seem to get over his divorce that was 4 years ago. Yeah--he's nutsy-cuckoo--like the rest of us.

      Delete
  6. Isn't is GREAT to have friends! In person. On Facebook. Via e-mail. We need the support system, especially when times are tough!

    I love hearing about your crazy neighbors! Kinda makes mine seem more normal. How many neighbors in your little park?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My park really isn't all that little. We have two sections--the one i live in with mostly older people and some mobile homes and the new part, south of me up the service drive, that is mostly families--and only manufactured homes allowed--usually quite large ones. I think, the last time I knew, we have about 150 homes in my section and 200+ in the newer section. The only neighbors I know, are the ones on both sides of my street, about 20 homes, plus John, Nancy and Elaine around the corner. AND the ditzy ones that walk by: Frank, Agnes and Timmy. that I only talk too if I am outside. Each one of them have really weird quirks, in my opinion, and not at all like any other people I have ever known. I thought for awhile I was the weird one, now I have changed my mind. LOL

      Delete
  7. Dar is the kind of neighbour that would make me lock all my doors and pretend to be out! I'm amazed that your cat didn't run away from the dog at her front door. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buddy cat does run away. Maggie The Cat, is afraid of nothing. I am surprised though that she didn't hiss at poor Maisey.

      Delete
  8. Your collage is very cool. I did one when I lived at Dad's, but it wasn't with photos, it was of "positive sayings and uplifting things". I cut words from magazines like peace, happiness, etc. I guess I really needed that at the time.

    I laughed out loud about you not giving John a pet or a treat. Ha! You're a trip!

    Dar is something. I remember when one of my sisters got married at my house. When my other sister saw the "younger adults" smoking out on the deck, she pulled me aside and said, " You better get out there on the deck and give them a couple of ashtrays. They're going to throw butts all over your yard." I dug around and found a couple of ashtrays and gave them to them, but you can't exactly give Dar an ashtray to solve her bad habit. She needs one of those little ones that have a lid that are made to carry in your purse or a plastic bag like dog owners use to get the dog poop up. :)

    ReplyDelete