title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Paranoia Will Destroya

Pammie called me yesterday to see if I was going to be home.

"Yeah--what time are you stopping in?"

"Around two--two-thirty.  I'm going down to Karen's.  Jen is meeting us there."

"Okay--see ya.  Bye"
``````````````````````````````
Why are they getting together?
Why wasn't I invited?
The woman who gave them life, even when they made their early presence known at an inconvenient time.  A woman who didn't believe in abortion, or Pam and Jennifer wouldn't have existed!!

Getting together to make out a plan on where to put Mom?  Which nursing home would Mom's money pay for so they didn't have to chip in?

Getting together with Jennifer to talk over her problems?  Wouldn't want Mom around, even though she knows all our secrets.  Secrets that we don't even know about each other.

Going out to supper?  Wouldn't want Mom around.  We might order a beer or a glass of wine and she'd give us "that look"
`````````````````````````````````````
So Pam arrived at 2:45, explaining that she was trying to quickly finish a book Karen had given her and, "So sorry I'm late.  I have to hurry."

"So...you're going to Karen's.  And Jennifer is joining you?"

"Yeah.  Eric and all the kids are in New Jersey, so Jen has a chance to get with us."

"Oh.  I thought maybe you were all getting together to plan which nursing home you want to put me in."

"Nope.  That's next week."
<she has her mother's sarcastic wit>

"Going to a movie together?  Supper?"

"Nope.  We are going down to the Ann Arbor Art Fair.  We haven't been in fifteen years.  That was the last time all of us got to go together."

"Oh!  That's wonderful!!!  I love it when you three get a chance to be together and do something fun!"

"Yeah.  Do you want us to get you anything from there?"

"Oh Sweetheart.  How nice of you to ask.  Nope.  I don't need anything."
``````````````````````````````````
Okay--I gotta get going.  I wanted to drop off this crochet pattern to you.  I don't ever crochet baby things and I know you do."

"Thanks Honey.  How is everything going with Jen and Eric and the move?"

"I don't really know.  I try and stay out of all of it.  I'm just there for the kids."

"Do they really want to move?  I don't think Jennifer wants to."

"I don't think Eric does either and probably, this week working with his father will just reinforce that knowledge."

"Why don't they just stay here, Jennifer has wonderful opportunities, they can sell and get a smaller place--like Karen's.  It would be plenty big enough and cost about half as much to buy and maintain."

"I know Mom.  Jennifer just doesn't want to work so many hours.  Eric is perfectly capable of finding other work in Lansing, or Detroit.  He just keeps putting it off and keeping his whole family in limbo."

"Hm-mm.  That's not good."

"Nope.  He just keeps dinking around the yard or the house and there really isn't any more to do.  If it rains, he just sits inside and watches TV. Jennifer works to support all of them!"

"Geez."

"Eric needs to get off his ass and go out and find a job!"

<I love how Pammie is so bluntly honest!!>

"Okay Sweetheart.  See ya later."

"Sorry I couldn't stay and talk more.  I love you, Momma.  Bye."
=============
I saw this photo posted later on Face Book and I must admit, I felt a bit hurt that I was not asked to join them.  EVEN THOUGH I KNOW, I could not have walked as far or as much as they did at the art fair.  Still.....................




9 comments:

  1. I would be better off at home and in the air conditioning, even though I love art and craft fairs. I know what you mean, though, it's nice to be invited. I wanted to take the kids to a park this weekend and have a picnic. It's going to be 97 or 98 degrees. No thank you. Maybe next time. Have a nice weekend, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I probably would have felt the same way! It should be some consolation that you didn't have to be in such close proximity to U of M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice the sisters had some "together" time without spouses. And how sad it took them 15 years to do it, especially since they live so close to one another.

    Glad your conspiracy theory did not come to pass. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15 years since they've been to the Art Fair together.
      2 years since the sisters have had a day together.

      Delete
  4. I don't know what to say. But, they probably didn't think you'd be up for all that walking.

    Now, I didn't realize that Jen's husband doesn't work; so I missed something there. However, wasn't it something to do with his father wanting them to move?

    Take care, my friend. Love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I never posted that Sally. Yes--his Dad wants him to move to NJ to set up a satellite office for his prosthetics company. He quit work to finish up the house and yard for the sale of their property..which isn't selling. If neither one of them wants to move--then why isn't he out seeking work here? He has to stay 50 miles from the office/company he used to work for--a non-compete clause in his contract with them. There are 3 big cities about 55 miles out that he could find hospital work or a prosthetics company to work for.

      Delete
  5. I feel your pain. I waited all day for news of what was happening for Braeden's birthday .... never got a call. Saw it on FB. Just the four of them. At home. But still ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you lived with them? Any birthday my kids had, their grandparents were ALWAYS there--and aunts and great grandma's. We didn't put enough guilt on our kids. Wanted them to be independent. Well, I think we did too good a job!!! BRATS!

    ReplyDelete