title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Confused

This is a very interesting blog post.  Not what I expected, when I first started reading, but exactly what I needed to read and think about.  It humbled me and showed me that I sure can try a lot harder to be a better person.

https://kaitlinebeling.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/dear-homosexual-america-im-sorry-an-open-letter-from-a-christian/
======================

I didn't do very  much today.  Watched H2 channel, series called "The Sons of Liberty"--I had seen it before, good enough to watch again.  Then I watched "Independence Day" tonight.  Great film.

I was half asleep in my chair and Jennifer walked in the door.  She was on her way home from a bar-be-que they had at church.  

I stood up and she gave me a big hug--asked about how I was doing.  Then, we had a "real" talk like a woman would have with her mother.  

I won't disclose our conversation, other than to say, neither one of them really wants to move, but Eric thinks they should, but he is very troubled lately.

Jennifer received a call from our Governor's office wanting her to be on a committee of some sort--probably pertaining to her vast knowledge of non-profits.  So she's not real keen to leave.

They are having trouble in their marriage because Jen keeps trying to get Eric to make up his mind, figure out a schedule of sorts on when they will move, or even IF they will move and he is angry that she keeps asking him those questions.

I let her talk and gave absolutely no advice!!

She hugged me good-bye and told me she loved me.

I'm glad and sad about all of it.
================
Then it got real noisy around here with lots of fireworks going on down by the lake--even though it is forbidden in this park.    Fireworks going on in Brighton, which I can also hear and in a town south of us.  We are surrounded by loud booms and lots of noise.

Praise God, at least no one is shooting off those M-80's over my house.  Perhaps tomorrow, it will quiet down?

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure you were happy to see Jennifer, yet sad at her news. I don't understand why it takes someone so long to make up their mind. And, even though it's NOT any of my beeswax it seems like her husband should take her feelings into more consideration than from his family. But, that's just me. I hope it works out for the best.

    It was fairly quiet here last night; I could hear but not see down at the springs. I would liked to have gone but knew there would be trouble finding parking, plus late at night driving home. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen is a take charge sort of gal. She likes to know what is going on so that she can plan and schedule, and get her ducks in a row. Eric is one of those slow moving, pondering people. He can't quite make up his mind if he wants to move and work for Daddy, or if he wants to stay and try and find work here. Jen needs answers and Eric has none. Her needing to know and him not knowing, is driving them both crazy. Jen prays a lot for God's guidance, Eric goes strictly on gut feelings--which we know can change from day to day.

      Delete
  2. Boy, can I identify with your reply to Sally! I was like Jen in that I like to plan, schedule and have my ducks in a row. And Don was like Eric in that he had trouble making major decisions. Drove me crazy from time to time.

    I'm so happy for you, though, that Jen showed up on your doorstep! What a nice surprise and that she confided in you on top of that is wonderful. What a great opportunity she'd be giving up to leave the state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's quite an opportunity for Jen. You must have been so surprised to see her on your doorstep, and then for her to confide in you. That's a huge step. I'm so happy for you. Good on you for listening and not offering advice. �� I can't stand taking a long time to make a decision, and I like it even less the older I get. Not so much time left...better to get on with it and make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I do not agree with what that writer said with her letter, Dear Homosexual America. That is her opinion. We all have our own opinions. I disagree with how she perceives America to be. I am a Christian but I will carry a gun for my own safety and I will speak out when something isn't right, and I will let people know how I feel if I think they are being idiotic. I am an American and damn proud of it and all I want is for this country to get its ducks in a row and act like the America we all knew and want back so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my dogs are happy the fireworks are over for another year :)

    I'll go read that link ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you and Jen got to talk. That must have made your day! Saturday night sounded like a war zone around us, there was even a haze in the air from all the smoke. It's ridiculous and my poor kitties were freaking out. We had to close all of the windows in spite of it being so beautiful outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you got a visit from Jen and had a nice talk. Maybe they'll wind up staying?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to visit with her, and that she could confide in you. Praying for her and her family. I hope they won't have to move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice 4th. I am so happy that Jen came by to visit, and how wise you were to just let her talk. May that time you gave her, allow her to hear her thoughts and see more clearly a solution. She is in a tough spot.

    We were so fortunate the police in LM's town did a big sweep and confiscated huge cache's of fireworks. It was eerily quiet the whole weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had an enormous thunder storm in the UK on Saturday.... which killed a couple of cows in a field locally. This is really unusual in my part of the world!!
    I'm glad that Jennifer called in and chatted. Jx

    ReplyDelete