title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Well...Hello!

Yes--I have been terribly remiss in my posting to my blog.

Why is that?

Trying to straighten out a mess in my genealogy.  I traced an ancestor, way back--way, way back, only ti find out, although the guy's name was the same and born in the same year--it wasn't who I was looking for.  How can that be?  Because waaaaay back in the day, not only did people name their children after their father and themselves, the next generation did the same.

So--one Conradt, named two of his sons, Conrad and Peter.
The next generation, Peter, named two of his sons, Conrad and Peter.
The next generation, Conrad, named two of his sons Peter and Conrad.

I had the right Conrad, but the wrong wife.  Then I had the correct wife, but with the wrong Peter.
What a mess--as I had posted that incorrect information into my Family Tree Maker and given that info to my sister, who alerted me to the fact of the mess.
==========================
When I wasn't trying to figured that out, and in the midst of trying to get my crocheting on it's way, Pearl came over.  Tami came over.  Jackie came over and the ever popular Dar came over--twice.  ARGHH! 

 Then the cute little John and Maisey stopped by on two different evenings, to sit out on the porch and talk.  He and I may or may not go to the Farmer's Market this Saturday--if it doesn't pour rain, which is predicted.  I have never been, but don't know if I can walk that much.
=====================
Then there were phone calls about medical bills I owe from the hospital stay.  My DHS case worker said they didn't meet my deductible, but she was going to notify someone from the hospital "help" center, AND she did raise my food assistance again.  One of these days, I might actually get enough to help with groceries.  Anything helps, so I am very thankful.

Then there has been trips to get food and typing paper and inkjet replacements, and gas up the car (not all on the same day, of course)  and...I have been busy.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  LOL

7 comments:

  1. I have got completely blocked in one branch of my family tree by a 'John Davies' who was born on the Welsh borders (between Welshpool and Newtown). In the late 18th Century there were dozens of John Davies in this area... GRRR! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a MI Bridge Card or SNAP take it to the farmer's market. The ones around here all take them and I know they've been encouraged to do so all over the state.

    My dad's family was like that too with the naming the same names generation after generation---still do it!. Drives you crazy when researching! Glad you got it all straighten out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, keeping busy is good! Hope you can get to the farmers market. I'm going to try to head to the Eastern Market this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Judy. I've tried several times to leave comments, but it always disappears. I'll try again. You've been a busy lady. I can't believe how much information you've found on your ancestry.

    How nice that friends stopped by to porch sit and chew the fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love going to Farmer's Market! I end up getting more than I can eat and put some in the freezer mid week, but it's all so fresh and yummy! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so confused, Judy. I thought food assistance was for
    groceries. I hope you get all the help you need!

    Oh, I know you were SO happy to see Dar twice in one day. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sal, food assistance is for groceries. The less $$ of my own I have to spend on groceries will help me pay medical bills. It doesn't even out and I never get ahead, it is just taking $$ from my grocery budget and sending it to the hospital, then I used My Bridge Card to pay for the grocery $$ I took out of my grocery budget. Got it?

      Delete