title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, June 26, 2015

Stuck

Well, for one who used to post on her blog everyday---I'm not doing too well and the reason is:

I've had my head stuck up my A...... (Ancestry.com)

I have been spending 4-6 hours a day on that site.  Trying to get everything I can glean before my month's membership runs out and they automatically charge me for six months!!!

I think I am done!  I have gone through 2 reams of printer paper.  2 inkjets and two binders.  I got Dar's done and then her Sister-in-law wondered if I'd do hers.  Both are done, written up real nice, an Excel pedigree chart that I managed to design and photos of ancestors.  They were both thrilled!

The time I am not in front of this F.R.E.D. = Freaking Ridiculous Electronic Device, I have been working to finish the crocheted blanket.  On my last strip now and it is really pretty.  I got it into my head that on a smaller scale, it might make a really gorgeous baby afghan, so I am going to try that--just to see.

Wednesday, I went to my Chiropractor and on the way home, stopped and got my hair cut.  It was getting wild--as proven by my birthday photos.  I couldn't afford to get it cut this month, but Karen gave me $40.00 for my birthday, so I was going to use part of it for my cut.  When my stylist was done, she declared, "No charge.  Happy Birthday!"  YOWSER!!!



Yesterday, I went to the Cardiologist for my 3 month follow-up.  He said I was fine, but that my blood pressure was too low--118/52--that he took me off one of my meds.  YAY!  I had already gone off the Lasix water pill.

Karen stopped in for a few minutes on her way to Howell and lunch with one of her School Pals.  She had spent Wednesday, with another School Pal in Shipshawanna, IN.  looking at quilt shops.  She does like to quilt.


The Lily plants Fred got me over the years, are really lush this year.  In fact, all my plants are taller and fuller than last year.  I think because of all the nice cool temperatures and all the rain we have had this spring.
=====================

John invited me out for lunch today and we discussed the way our Country is going nuts!  What with all the flag controversy, and now, perhaps 10 years in prison for flying the Confederate Flag AND, some mayor wants to have the bodies of a Southern General and his wife exhumed from the park where they are buried and placed somewhere else and the Generals' statue taken down.

Lordy, some people get an idea in their head and take it to the maximum extremes!  I do not like the Confederate Flag and the people I know who fly it from their truck, are usually what you'd call Redneck Hillbilly's or White Trash, but this makes me so mad, I'd like to go and find thus flag and put it up on my porch!!!

It seems some people are so intent on taking away every person's rights to freedom of speech.  Now, I hear the Pope says you can't own a gun and be a Christian.  What?  I don't own a gun and I never will and no one in my family does, except my son and his hunting rifle and shotgun, but................?  I liked this Pope as first, but it seems he is getting all Liberal on me and speaking about things that really are not his concern.  I have never liked a religious personage talking politics from the pulpit.

John said, "I wonder what it is going to take to get our country back to the way the Founding Father's perceived it to be?"

I replied, "Not until Jesus comes again...and He better hurry up!"

BTW--John's old neighbor Corky, saw when John dropped me off and just stood and stared.

John says, "Oh. Oh.  He'll be calling me when I get home to see what's going on.  Probably spread it all over the park."

"I said, "I oughta plant a big kiss on you to give him something to talk about!"

...but instead, we just hugged.
========================

Then, I got busy outside and tried to get some of the neglected chores done.  Washed down my porch, water the porch planters and started trimming back my Forsythia bush.

The weather has been so beautiful.  70's and a nice cool breeze, a bit of sun and rain every few days.  MY KIND OF WEATHER!!!


14 comments:

  1. I would love to get my fingers into Ancestry.com but I know if I do you might as well not expect to see me for a month. I have so much to follow up on and there is one person that has been driving me insane: my great great grandfather's wife. He was killed before any actual fighting in the Civil War and she took their infant and got remarried and she died when the infant was 8 years old. I cannot find her anywhere. Their son was an only child (obviously) and went on to father 25 children, of which 17 lived. So, yeah, there are a slew of us in the northeast.

    Your haircut looks nice. What a pleasant surprise it didn't cost anything. Nice present.

    The controversy over the Confederate flag is nonsense. All it takes is one person to not like something and others pick up on it and they are off and running. And that can be about just anything these days. People are nuts. And the pope should keep his big fat nose out of things that don't concern him...including global warming. We own guns for our own protection and I consider myself to be a very good Christian. Anybody who thinks I'm not can go pound sand...and a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - everything is changing, and really very rapidly lately. We're in one huge mess; for me, I believe the end times are coming and we'll see Jesus in the not too far future. Maybe not in our day, but soon. If I'm not mistaken, the bible speaks of things happening like this. I'm not a good bible reader in my older years, Judy, but you are; do you agree?

    I like your hair, and how nice that it was "on the house". There are still SO many nice people around. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know for sure Sally. Two differing sides. One believes the Rapture will come first and the saved will be taken up into Heaven. Another side believes that the Anti-Christ and the 7 years of Tribulation come and we solid Christians must withstand it all in order to then be taken to Heaven. Scripture says that even God doesn't know when Jesus will return. I think the Anti-Christ will come first. He or She will be such a wonderful leader and life will (at first) seem like Utopia. We have to watch very closely and not fall for that. Because after a time of peace and plenty, then the Anti-Christ starts making his demands and control of all people. We will not be able to buy or sell unless we have the "mark". Those of us that refuse the Mark or Microchip implanted under our skin will of course die. Like childbirth labor, it will be painful, but we will be born in Heaven and life there will be peaceful and joyful for 1,000 years.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Judy. Don't hate me for saying this; but perhaps the Anti-Christ has already come. :(

      Delete
    3. I've wondered that myself, but I don't think so. He/she will bring peace and plenty and everyone will follow him--then is when he will change and all the bad stuff happens.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the first comment was removed for too many spelling errors.

      Your plants look really nice and I'm glad your absence from the blogs is because you're having a full life. At our age we always worry about medical issues when someone doesn't show up. Your hair looks great! Can't wait to see a photo of the afghan.

      For the past week I've been living on a large political site where politics are debated around the clock---from all sides include secessionists, survivals, white supremacists and both extremes of the political aisles and those in the middle. Thousands of posts and hundreds to topics going and I have not seen a single post suggesting there should be so much as a fine for flying the Confederate flag much less a prison sentence. I have not seen anyone suggesting we should to exhume bodies. These sound like something Rush or Hannity or Beck would say to tune up their listeners. Also, there have been groups and people in various states working for years to get that flag removed from public buildings. The shooting during the Bible study was just the straw that finally gave the movement traction.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Jean. a voice of reason. bkj

      Delete
    3. http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/memphis-mayor-wants-to-dig-up-dead-confederate-war-general.html

      Delete
    4. Tell me who in this government has that "voice of reason"?

      Delete
  4. I have very little to say about whats going on in this country and the world! Not that I don't have feelings and opinions but I am not the type of person to voice them. Partly because I don't find it easy to put my feelings into words and partly because I don't really want to hear what other people have to say about my opinions. If that makes any sense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have very little to say about whats going on in this country and the world! Not that I don't have feelings and opinions but I am not the type of person to voice them. Partly because I don't find it easy to put my feelings into words and partly because I don't really want to hear what other people have to say about my opinions. If that makes any sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, it makes all the sense in the world. I used to NEVER give an opinion. Now that I am an old cranky, opinionated lady--I just let it all out because, actually, I don't really care if anyone agrees with me or not.

      Delete
    2. Of course, it makes all the sense in the world. I used to NEVER give an opinion. Now that I am an old cranky, opinionated lady--I just let it all out because, actually, I don't really care if anyone agrees with me or not.

      Delete