title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Half-Way

Half-way through June--already!  It is scary how the days fly by!

I got up at 7:00 Saturday morning and John picked me up at 8:30.  He had an umbrella with him just in case.

I said, "You won't need to carry that around.  It's not going to rain until after noon today."

"Are you sure?"

"Trust me."

I was wondering how I was going to walk around the whole thing with getting the normal back pain from walking too far or standing still too long.    Luckily, as we were walking toward the market, John said, "Oh oh.  I forgot to change into my walking shoes."  Just then he stepped off the curb and winched in pain.  He has bad pain in the ball of his foot, I think Plantar Fasceitis, anyway, he was limping so I knew, we weren't going to be staying long.

He got lots of veggies and I got asparagus, a big tomato and we both got two quarts of Michigan, June bearing strawberries.  I have been craving them and not had them for a couple of years. I so hate those from California, that are available in the stores.  They are huge, but they have a big core you have to take out and they aren't naturally sweet.

We walked over by the millpond, but 45 minutes after we arrived, we were back in the Jeep.  He showed me where he used to live and the machine shop where he worked--a short block from his house  He drove home the back way, exactly like I would have, if I had been driving and just as we got to our park, he said, "Do you want to go have breakfast?  I've got a gift card to Leo's"

I said, "Okay, but...I want to go to Bob Evans."

"Okay.  Bob's is good.  I'll turn around and we'll go on up."

"Could you take me to my house first?  I have a gift card to Bob Evans.  You drive and I'll pay."

"We could use my gift card."

"Nope!  My turn to pay. "

"Okay...I guess so."

He dropped me off and went to his place to check on Maisey and get his other shoes.

When we got to Bob Evans, I could tell he was a bit uneasy about the whole thing.

"Order anything you want," I said.

We had a nice Brunch.  He told me more stories about his growing up in a family of 13 kids and funny things about the trouble he and his brothers got into.  
He insisted he leave the tip--which is the correct way to do things.  When he buys, I leave the tip.  He's not real comfortable with that arrangement, but that's the way it is going to be.

I was back home by 11:30.  For supper last night I had, fresh asparagus, a nice big sliced tomato and strawberries on the biscuit I brought home from Bob Evans.

I was exhausted by 10:00,l went to bed and didn't wake up until 11:00 this morning!!!

I have had a few gastric-enteritis problems all day--the first strawberries of the year will do that too me and while Dar was here this afternoon, I had an episode--or as my grandma would have called it, a "spell".

Sitting in my chair, listening to Dar prattling on and all of a sudden, my heart started pounding hard.  Not fast, just kind of hard.  I started to sweat and felt dizzy.  I told her and she got hysterical.

I leaned back in my chair, breathing deeply and slowly and she started yammering on about her job.  Every now and then she'd say, "Are you feeling better?"

"No."

"Do you want to go to the ER?"

"No."

"I told them today at work that I wouldn't..............."

Finally I said, "Dar, you'll have to go home.  I need to lie down."

So out the door she went like the devil was after her.

I kicked back my chair, the cats came to lay on top of me, my heart was now behaving nicely and I dozed for about an hour.

I got something to eat and then sat back down and worked on my crocheting while I watched a movie.  I feel good tonight.  Actually not a bit sleepy and it's going on midnight.  Guess I should go to bed.

I'll be fine!
=================
Thinking tonight of how happy I was 58 years ago--my wedding day.





4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a full day and I'm glad you're feeling better now. I need to get to the farmer's market soon. I love going but didn't go much last year and haven't gone at all this year.

    It's nice when you go somewhere with someone whose physical endurance matches your own and it sounds like you and John are a good match in that department. I do the same thing with tipping and going out for breakfast after the market. Is there any other way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are assertive, speaking your preferences to John. I love that. I'm glad you weren't on your feet all day, and got to treat him to brunch. Now as for Dar... Can you be that assertive with Dar EARLIER in the conversation? She upsets you so. I notice your heart settled back down right after you told her she needed to go home and she skedaddled. Life is too short for the Dar's of the world. Listen to your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sounds like you had a very nice day, in spite of Dar's influence. I love the taste of fresh and local! Your strawberries sound wonderful! You already know I agree with GowitheFlo about Dar and her abuse of you, so I won't say it. I'm glad you're feeling better!

    I finally got some pictures of the inside of the camper up, if you want to go over and peek inside. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime there is fresh produce and a meal out is a great day!

    ReplyDelete