title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mid-Week

I have the hardest time finding titles for these posts.  I had the same problem when I was writing children's book--thus two books with the word "Treasure" in them.

My wee sis had her two Grand Girls come for a visit.  She let them put all the furniture back in the dollhouse.  She thought perhaps they'd play with it for an hour or so---SIX HOURS.  She tried to draw them into another activity, but they wanted to play with the doll house.  I am soooooo glad I gave it to her now, instead of waiting until I am dead.  Makes my heart smile knowing that two little girls are enjoying it, like so many little girls have in the past 70 years!
==================

I am becoming suspect of John.  He has no grammar skills, and you know that drives me crazy.  He uses "went" when he should say "gone".  Occasionally he says, "I seen that".  Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.  He also hasn't watched TV in a year!  What kind of nut case is that?  He doesn't know how the sports teams are doing, nor does he know what is going on in the news.  He has no clue as to the names of the flowers growing in his gardens.  He loves all kinds of animals, even snakes! He doesn't own a recliner?  How can a man exist without his recliner!  

He isn't at all like Fred, which is probably the problem and also a good thing.  He does make me laugh--loud, deep laughter, snorting giggles, and that's really the only thing I need from him.
=======================  

Frank ambled by this morning.  I wonder if he and Agnes have ever met on their walks?

9 comments:

  1. I wish I could find someone who'd treasure my dollhouse as much as the one you gave away. That does my heart good to know there are still kids who like playing with them.

    I can't image not having a TV. Even though I go in streaks where I don't turn it on, at least I do often enough to keep up with the world. We get old when we don't keep up or at least we're perceived that way and that can harm us. But if you enjoy John's company on occasion, what does it matter? Keep it light, keep it full of laughter....at least until you read my next blog so you don't make a liar out of me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does tend to talk too much and a bit fast! But.........home made chicken soup is nice. Details tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Definite nutcase for not having a TV! Good heavens! At least you get a laugh out of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definite nutcase for not having a TV! Good heavens! At least you get a laugh out of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you'd best call me a nutcase, too, then. Haven't watched a TV show for nearly a decade. A movie occasionally on Netflix on my computer. And I don't watch news or sports, either. I might if I could find a website or news channel that wasn't biased yellow journalism. I don't think they make News, real news not sensationalism, anymore. Didn't own a couch until this year. So, count me a suspect, too. Sometimes, though, it's nice to have a friend that makes you laugh with no strings attached.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do realize that I tend to adore "nutcase" people! You can watch any news, movies or anything on your computer nowadays and John watches Netflix on his, as do you. I gotta watch my Soap on the TV because, I don't have a laptop so I can't sit in my comfy chair and watch. I gotta crawl into my big recliner, pick up my crochet and watch TV.

      Delete
    2. Me too, no watching tv except for my soap when I even remember. I read the news online, and for some reason don't really care about movies that much.

      "I seen", that one gets me too. Not sure what you mean about the went and gone unless he's saying something l like "I gone to the store". :)

      xoxo

      Delete
    3. I was going to go, but I haven't WENT yet.

      Delete
    4. Gotcha. I see now, but I haven't went yet either. hahaha Had to do that.

      Delete