title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wait. What?

All sorts of stuff going on in my head today.


I wish I looked this good!

Can you imagine the torment he has gone through all his life?  Bruce Jenner was a fantastic athlete--I loved him in the Olympics.  Now, he is a beautiful woman and I'll bet he is much happier.  I think of the physical pain he has suffered to get the womanly body he feels he was born to have. 

Some people go through money and pain for plastic surgery to look younger.  Most of the time, they look kind of strange and would better have just aged gracefully.  A lot of times, what they see in the mirror with their new look, is not what people see when they look at them.  Just look at Kenny Rogers.  GEEZ LOUISE--he would be much better looking if he had left himself alone.

Bruce Jenner, spent the money and went through the pain for a "real" reason, not a selfish one, in my opinion.  
=========================
I had to run up to Wal-Mart to pick up my prescription.  I don't know many people in this area, so when I shop, I am not looking around to see if someone I know is in the store.  Today, as I was checking out, the lady ahead of me in line turned and said, "Well Hello, Judy."  A lovely lady from my home town that I have known all my life--graduated two years after me.  She is just as beautiful as she was in high school--perhaps more beautiful.  We hugged and chatted a little bit.  It was a wonderful gift in my otherwise ordinary day.

I did check out the garden area and they had 6 packs of Impatiens for $1.72 each, so I got a couple packs to plant in between my Hostas in the area under my Lilac bushes.  As I remember right, Impatiens look beautiful planted in with Hostas.


Back when I could afford it and could bend over to plant it, I bought 5 flats of Impatiens and planted in that area because I wanted masses of color.  Three years ago, when I had to divide some Hostas, I put them in this area.  Easier to car for.  I would like to put down some dark brown mulch, but don't know if I have it in me.  The kids did it three years ago for me, but.....................
==============================

This is Agnes.  She walks so fast it was hard to get a picture of her.  Luckily I was inside and didn't have to talk listen to her.



Last month, when I had supper with Karen, I noticed she was wearing her high school class ring.  I was kind of glad to know she still had it, it cost quite a bit, and she said she found it in her jewelry box and decided to wear it again.

Two weeks ago, I found my class ring, in a little crystal glass where I have the rings and earrings I wear most of the time.  I decided to start wearing it.  Last week, when I went out to visit my wee sister, I noticed she was wearing her class ring too!

What's up with all this wearing of our class rings.  Maybe, because we can't afford plastic surgery, we are once again wearing our rings to feel younger?

Mine is nearly 60 years old--a bit worn down on the Eagle emblem on top, and a bit big (can you lose weight in your fingers?)  I weighed 120# when I first put this ring on.



Good Grief!!  I need plastic surgery on my hands!! 

No wait.  I need plastic surgery on my nose--it's too wide.  No wait.  I need my eyelids lifted.  No wait.  I need plastic surgery on my neck--no, it looks pretty good.  My boobs!  That's where I need it.  Breast reduction and get these puppies from a 40DD down to a nice C cup.  Then of course, there are places on my thighs I need the skin tightened and of course---take down the stomach to pre-pregnancy size.  

Where in the world would I stop?  I could have all the work done on my face and neck, but hands are where the real age shows and I don't think they have plastic surgery for that--or do they.  

Well--at least I'd look nice in my casket!! HAH!

  

10 comments:

  1. My high school class ring looks every much like yours, which doesn't surprise me. They probably came from the same company. Interesting theory you have about why people get them out and wear them so many decades later. My theory is you wear it because you can i.e. it fits and it cost a lot of money. LOL I wear my college ring from time to time.

    Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner is an explosive and hot topic on the political sites right now. Some people will never accept that your brain and body can be wired differently and transgender surgery just makes the two match up. I can accept that because years ago I knew a couple who had a baby and it was over a week before they could decide if it was a boy or girl. Birth defects with sexing a human are rare but they do happen and I believe that is what happens to people like Bruce. No one would go through the pain and long transition period on a lark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose being a Conservative, I shouldn't be so agreeable to what he has done for himself, but I think he will be a lot happier now. He hasn't had his genitals removed yet, I can only imagine how that is going to hurt!! Ya know--I might feel differently is it was my child or grand child, but personally? I really don't care in this case. Those peeps out there are kind of wired wrong most of the time anyway.

      Delete
  2. I like how you look. You look exactly as you should. Those people who do all that plastic surgery to look younger make me feel like they must not have had much of a life, turn their backs on their history, not very happy in their own skin. I feel sorry for Caitlyn Jenner, but for much the reason you said. He had a long sad difficult time to come to that decision, and a lot of counseling is required before they'll allow the surgery. I hope she's happier now. Spring and Graduations make me think back to my school years. Maybe that's why the surge in ring wearing? Agnes reminds me of a couple I met while I was camping. Very lonely and absolutely no social skills of boundaries. Sad. But not sad enough to do that more than once. Whew! Love your impatiens. Those say summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps they have a certain discontent with their aging. I'm glad I am content and peaceful with the way I look now. I think that feeling comes from within and shines outward. No amount of botox or plastic surgery is going to help one's soul find that.

      Delete
    2. Botox would ruin your great smile. It's such a great asset.

      Delete
    3. Jean--the only really asset I have had all my life. People have always commented on my smile. Thank goodness I got something! LOL

      Delete
  3. I never did get a class ring...my parents couldn't afford it! Oh well, I never missed it! I've been reading your posts so I've got to go catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much to my sorrow, my class ring was stolen when someone broke into my parents house. If I'd thought of it, I would have visited pawn shops. Yes, they were very expensive back in the day; I can only imagine the cost now. Yikes

    I really have no opinion about Bruce/Caitlyn. It's sad however that he waited until, I think he's like 62. He's probably kicking himself getting mixed up with wacka doodle family except, of course, he has two (?) from it.

    A friend of mine, back in our fifties and sixties kept saying to me: "Sally, I think we need to have a facelift." I never responded when she made those comments. At least not until the last time I saw her and she said it again. I told her "You look like you already have." Oh, she cooed and said "Thank you so much" Whatever, you know of course she had; I mean, nobody in their 60's has a face that looks blown up. Maybe then she had gotten botox. She's a beauty, always has been.

    Okay, I talk too much. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine anyone being thrilled that you noticed!
      If it didn't look natural, I wouldn't want it. My Karen got Botox to take away these two frown lines she has on the top of her nose, between her eyebrows. It didn't work. I don't know where those lines of her came from. No one in our family has them. Oh well--she's so beautiful I don't think anyone notices them anyway.

      Delete
    2. hahahaha Well, Judy what would you have said. "Oh sure let's do that! " :)

      Delete