title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Prayers Answered--Hopes Revealed--Wishes Granted

Today's high temperature was: 65 degrees
Sunny and nice all day
==========================
Man!! Am I ever on a roll and I hope this good stuff continues.

I had prayed that my 3 girls would want to get with me on Mother's Day--Pammie is going to church with me.  Answered prayer.

Now--you remember we talking about this kid?
http://judeself.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-weekend-neighbors-white-headed.html

How I adore this kid, like one of my own grandkids
and
he calls me Grammie.


 and..how I adore this kid who IS one of my own
and
she calls me Gramma

...and how I hoped and hoped--all year--that they would go out on a date?  Remember me telling you that?

Karen called last night.  Matt has asked Maddie to the Senior Prom and she said YES!!!!!  AND I am invited over to Karen's house where a whole bunch of kids are going to gather to get their prom pictures taken!!!  May 17th.

OH.   MY.   GOSH.

Maddie was at ballet practice, after school, and Matt drove out to her house.  He had construction tape, chalk and a bottle of Ketchup.  He got Karen's husband, Mark, to help him.

They put up the construction tape.  Then Matt laid down on the driveway, and Mark used the chalk to draw his body shape on the cement (like in a murder investigation).  Then, Mark put Ketchup on Matt's shirt.

Mark and Karen hid in the garage and when Maddie drove in and saw the construction tape--she slammed on the brakes.  She walked up to see Matt laying there.  He sat up and said, "I will just die if you don't go to Prom with me!"

OH.   MY.  GOSH.

I have never heard of anything quite so sweet, cute clever and romantic!!!

I have  had not only a request to God answered, and now hopes revealed.  But...I gotta be cool.  Karen said that Maddie is already saying, " He wants to hang out all the time!!!  I just want to be friends.  Why are boys so needy?"

So--there will be no gushing from Grandma.  I will just yawn and take their pictures and say, "Have fun", and then when they drive away, I will squeal like a little kid!!!!!!!
===============================
A wish was also granted today--my FB friends have been posting pictures of the Baltimore Orioles that have come to their feeders.  I had one last year--the first Baltimore Oriole I had even seen in decades.  I was wishing he would come back again this year.  I had his saucer/dish hanging out for him with grape jelly in it.  The squirrel had enjoyed a nice lunch, so I moved the feeder out a bit from the porch.  Today at 4:00, my Precious Man arrived.  When he flew away, I quickly cut an orange in half and took it out to put in the feeder.  He came back, but apparently, he doesn't like oranges as much as he likes the grape jelly because he only ate the jelly.  Maybe I need to sprinkle some sugar on the orange?

He is a much brighter orange than the one last  year.
===============================================
Now--if Jennifer would just come over to talk--everything would be perfect in my world!
===============
Dar was banging on the door at barely nine o'clock and had another woman with her...Shelia.  I was still in my nightie, but I invited them in.  They wanted me to type up a petition for them to get signatures to take out an older trailer that is next to where Shelia lives.  So I got it done and handed it to her.  Dar grabbed it away from her and read it out loud.

Shelia said, "I don't even understand half those words.  It sounds very legal and everything."

Dar said, "I told you.  Judy knows how to do these kinds of things."
<I don't really--I just fake it>

So off they went with their pens, going door to door to get their signatures and turn the petition in to the office.

We, the undersigned, all residents of Lakeview Lane, in the Sylvan Glen Manufactured Home Estates, 
request that management of said park, would remove the old, Blue and Cream mobile home located at
6477 Lakeview Lane
The home has been empty for many years, is in extensive dis-repair and an eyesore to our community.
Thank You

They completely forgot to ask me to sign it.  Hee Hee Hee
===============================

I worked outside today.  The garden over by my shed is going to be planted with Zinnias this year.  I am done with trying to grow vegetables!!  I surprised myself by, digging it up--way down as far as I could and turning the soil.  Then I raked it and put on a nice coating of Preen.

The crazy woman from next door (Tami) walked over and told me she is putting in a big (?) garden.  Our lots are small--I don't know what she means by big, but I can't even imagine her taking all the sod off a big area--anyway, she is planting watermelon, muskmelon, corn, tomatoes, beans and green peppers.

"Do you know how much room you are going to need to have a large enough garden for the melons to grow?" I asked.

"Oh, well...they can just grow out onto the lawn."
<that is going to make mowing the grass quite a job>

"Do you have a tiller or something to break up the sod?"

"Nope.  I'm just going to dump a whole bunch of dirt on top of the lawn and plant."
<I do believe her maiden name was Clampett!>

"I see you've got your raised garden all cleaned up."

"Yep.  It was quite a chore.  One I haven't been able to do for five years."

"I would like to put my beans in there--maybe some peppers too."
<Say what?>

"I already have seeds to put in here," I said.

"Oh.  What are you growing?"

"Flowers."

"Flowers!  If you let me put some veggies in there...I'll share them with you."

"Nope.  I want to put flowers in here this year."

"Can I borrow your wheelbarrow?"

"Sure.  It's right there in the shed."

and off she waddled.

Can you even imagine?  To tell someone you'd like to use their garden space for your own stuff?

I just don't play well with others!  I need to move back out into the country where my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away!
=================


Slippers turned out good--very comfy

Pammie loves making slippers for everyone, so I am going to give her the instructions and the rest of this variegated cone of cotton yarn.

(Do you notice in this picture--my right leg is larger then my left.  It has been like that since I had my left hip replaced--about 1/2 inch more around.  Weird)

8 comments:

  1. How exciting, Judy! That really was a sweet way to be asked to the prom. :)

    I've never planted zinnia's; maybe I should put that on the list. However, I'm a ways from the flowers; kept working around outside and finding more & more things to do! I found some things that perhaps I can transplant. Also painted the railings on the front and back porch. Whew - stick a fork in me, I'm done for the day.

    Things are looking up for you, and I don't know anyone more deserving than you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear when people are so happy and excited as you are now.

    Some people do have the nerve don't they! You're very wise to not share the garden; I doubt there will be much produce from her garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute story. I'm sure they will have a great time.

    Your Oriole is gorgeous. Love the slippers. They look comfy.

    Zinnias are so pretty. My sister-in-law plants a bed of them every year for cutting, and they attract so many butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have given me my early morning smile.
    So happy for you.
    My Mother's Day was 3 weeks ago when all children and grandchildren
    were with me :)
    My two daughters and grandchildren will come and bring lunch
    on Sunday. Too far away for 8:00 am service at church.
    Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prom night pre-party sounds like such fun! I'm glad you're being included.

    Your neighbors sure do make your life interesting. I am jealous. That's what I want when I say I need to move to a 'community'.

    I didn't know it was oriole time already. I'll have to get my jelly out. I usually get a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute way to invite someone to the Prom!

    Your neighbor does have a lot of nerve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Wow, WOW, you are on a roll....what a great day, and prom pictures will be eagerly awaited! The oriole is so beautiful. I love their mellifluous calls. LM has a nest in a tree by his driveway and we wait for them every year. They usually arrive a day or two after the apple blossoms pop out. Their nests are beautiful hanging "basket" nests and they are way out on the end of branch.
    Happy day, Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are having good news! Can't wait to see your flowers start blooming. I transplanted a couple of prairie phlox that I got at a local master gardener show last week and one of them bloomed already! Pretty excited about that. And forsythia that I got there last year has just started to turn yellow. I thought it was dead after that winter! So exciting to see new blooms. Almost time for the lilacs. Always remind me of my grandma's house!

    ReplyDelete