title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Change

Today's high temperature was: 81 degrees
Thunderstorms off and on
==============================

I hate change!!

Unless, of course, if it is my idea, LOL

Things are going to change around here--have already started.

I find myself spending way too much time in the morning sitting in front of this electronic wizard call the Internet.  When I do that (like every day all winter), I usually don't leave this room until nearly noon.

Ridiculous!!!

When I was a mother of four and had a nine room house to care for, I made a schedule for each day.  You know how I get obsessed and how I love lists and schedules--that sort of thing makes me purr.

I did certain chores on certain days.  EX: Monday--wash white clothes and bedding.  Clean bedrooms
Tuesday:  Wash light colored clothes and clean the bathrooms.
Wednesday:  Wash dark clothes and clean the kitchen.

Let's just say, it made my life a whole lot easier--I didn't have to try and catch-up on the weekends AND at least one room in the house was clean, LOL.

So, living here in a 960 square foot dwelling, with one occupant, it seems rather silly to have that schedule.  My biggest concern now is the enormous amount of cat fur that litters the carpet and furniture.

BUT--in the interest of trying to do something to make my life a tad more "in control", I have taken it up again, on a much smaller scale, of course.

The biggest challenge?  Up and out of bed by 8:00 a.m.  Sounds simple to most of you, I know, but to me--the one who used to go to bed at 4:00 a.m. and get up at noon, when I first moved here.  I have settled into the 1:00 to 9:00 sleep time.  

UP AT 8:00 a.m.--no matter what.
Out of computer room by 10:00
Monday--wash bedding, white clothes and clean bedroom
Tuesday - wash light colored clothes and clean bathroom
Wednesday--wash dark colored clothes and clean kitchen
Thursday--clean living room
Friday--clean computer room

Each Day:  11:00 - 1:00--walk, garden
1:00 - 2:00--watch Soap
2:00 ---appointments
4:00--6:00--read, garden, check computer, do computer research
6:00 - 8:00--watch news and 2 TV programs
8:00-11:00--TV, cross stitch, crochet or read
TO BED AT 11:00 SHARPLY~~~

Now that summer is coming, I need to be outdoors more--I need to walk more--I need to visit with neighbors more.  
===========================
As the self-proclaimed neighborhood meteorologist, I check the weather every morning.  I go to my pin-point weather map and look at the next 6 hours to see what might be coming out way.  If there is a threat--a really BAD threat, I call Dar, Pearl and Jackie and let them know.

So this morning around  11:30, I checked and didn't see anything foreboding on the horizon.  I sat and enjoyed my Soap and left here at 2:00 to go to the Food Pantry to sign up to shop there.  I came out around 2:45 and it was starting to rain.  By the time I got back to the main road--Grand River--it was raining so hard I could barely see the road.  Instead of turning right and coming back, a mile, to  home, I turned left to go up to the Wal-Mart in Howell.  

I was in the right hand lane, just putsying along, as was everyone else, and I just about swamped the car in a very large water puddle or small lake--whichever scenario you want to imagine.  So I eased up onto the higher interior lane and made it to Wal-Mart just fine.  

There was a severe thunderstorm warning for the area--I did turn on the car radio to hear that.  I found a parking space near the door and sat and waited.  By now it was lightning and thundering and I didn't want to be out in the midst of the tempest in case it thundered loudly and scared me.

Pretty soon, it let up the tiniest bit and I grabbed my two plastic bags of empty pop bottles and ran into the store.  I was quite drenched, but it had been hot and humid all morning, so the rain felt good.

I got my prescriptions and pick up a few things and started to leave.  It was only raining gently now.  BUT--I couldn't get out the exit door because three women in front of me were afraid of getting their new hair styles wet--or something, I have no idea.  So I excused myself as I edged through the pack.

One woman said to me, "Are you sure you want to go out? It's still raining."

I replied, "I won't melt," and just to show those wimps, I casually strolled to my car, popped the trunk and slowly put my groceries in the back.

What a bunch of wussies!!!



9 comments:

  1. I wish I was as self-disciplined as you are! And I love that last remark to the ladies - didn't they have their rain bonnets on? Or do they even still make those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, my schedule is so different :)
    I love the morning and up between 4:30 and 5:00
    a lifetime habit. Usually computer by 6:00 for about 45 minutes
    and then day begins. Usually stop by 1:30 or 2:00
    and because of my habit of getting up so early
    always read and usually asleep by 9:00 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably should make a clean the house schedule...although that's no guarantee that anything will get done during the week. I'm more of a "list of things I have to do this weekend" type of person right now. I'll try to make one after I retire. At least that way I may have a chance of actually keeping it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a timely post for me. I have been wondering what my schedule will become once I retire in 2.5 months! I have always had about the same schedule as Ernestine and think it will probably stick as I LOVE the early morning, We shall see....
    Really funny about the ladies at the Wal-Mart doors. I'd have walked out, too as I love to feel the rain on me and it dries quickly. Just glad you made it through the deep water in the roads.
    I love knowing you will be devoting so much time each day to gardening and am sure we will all enjoy the photos of the beauty you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every so often I get on a kick like that---schedule everything, but something always comes along to get me off track. My life does have a rhythm to it though even if it's not always written down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a list-maker; even if I do something not on the list, I go back, put it on, then mark it out! Stupid? I spend too much valuable time on the computer. I have no choice but to be outside in the summer since I still work on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I guess you showed those wimps at Walmart, HA!

    No lists here although there probably should be. I've been trying to get some yard work done, a "little" housework, and yes I do spend too much time on this computer. I think that needs to end but not abruptly as I may go into withdrawals. You see, I'm the nosy sort and have to read too many blogs and FB. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You write a very nice blog, one I enjoy visiting each time I stop in. I have several favorite blogs, some with beautiful pictures, others with nicely hand-crafted creations, but, more and more, it seems I enjoy those best that are just accounts of living day by day. In this, you do a splendid job...inspiring and often entertaining. Now, I must get back to my lists - not much checked off for today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like lists, too, and I feel like I'm making progress as I check each item/project off. You are right about needing to get out and visit with your neighbors. I have a tendency to hold up in the house, too.
    LOL about the wussies at Walmart. :)

    ReplyDelete