title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Simple Sunday

Today's high temperature was: 80 degrees
Sunny with a pleasant breeze.
==============================

I did very little today.  I had a nice day yesterday and went to bed at my normal time, feeling peaceful and content.

This morning I did not wake up until 11:00!! and with this inexplicable feeling of sadness, depression and a bit of anger.

This happens from time to time and I can't figure it out.  What happened during the night that caused me to wake up feeling these emotions--when there is NO REASON for me to have these emotions?  It makes no sense!

I have had a couple of therapists tell me that when we sleep, our sub-conscious mind awakes and tries to work out and deal with what we do not address in our waking moments.  Apparently there is something going on in my mind that I am not thinking of or trying to ignore in my wakeful moments?  Just weird!!

I missed church and really didn't care.  My neighbor's were mowing their lawns and that angered me.  Why do they have to do that on a Sunday.  They were home yesterday, why didn't they mow then?  In my state of mind today--all sorts of little things make me angry.

I ordered this and it arrived Saturday, so I decided after lunch to go out and try it.  Works great!!!  I cannot get down on the ground to weed with my hand trowel.  I cannot get down on my Scoot 'n Do little wheeled seat to weed with my hand trowel.  This works and after I loosen up the dirt, I only have to bend down once to pull out the weed/grass.



I also ordered this long handled weeder and will give it to Pearl to store in her shed, with the understanding we can share it and also share the trowel.


I came in and sat down to watch the baseball game and decided to cross stitch.  It just doesn't feel right to be doing hand-work in this kind of weather.  Being nestled inside during the winter months, is conducive to stitching or crocheting, but...not in this kind of weather.

So, I read a few chapters of a new book I have, the last in the "Walk" series by Richard Paul Evans.  This has been a very good series of books--I have enjoyed them immensely.  They read so easily.

For some reason, I started crying, so I put down the book, turned off the TV, flipped the recliner back and slept for two hours!

I should drive up to my hometown tomorrow and watch the parade and go to the cemeteries, but....I have no real yearning to do it.

The plants on my porch are looking real good--pots filling out nicely.  The gardening centers around here refuse to sell Impatiens because a couple of years ago they ran into a dust mold thingie.  I bought mine at Lowe's and there is not one thing wrong with them.  Next year, I go to Lowes and Wal-Mart first to get my annuals.  The fancy gardening centers will not be visited unless I cannot find exactly what I want at the other places.






9:00 and still light out.  Don't you love this time of year?
  
.  

8 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful on your porch. They make me smile. Glad you wrote about finding impatiens. I'd given up on finding them, and stopped looking. Evidently too soon! As for the feelings, they're like a little child pulling on our sleeve to get our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes there's just no way to figure out what our subconscious mind is up to and we can only hope the bad moods go away quickly. But maybe you're ignoring the obvious? It is Memorial Day weekend, after all, when we honor the dead and used to have fun with extended family.

    You must have needed the extra sleep to sleep until 11:00. You haven't mentioned your cats in a while. How are they doing? I'm surprised they let you sleep late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you were in the pits yesterday. Hope today is much better. xoxo

    LOVE your porch and the beautiful flowers. Hey, that was a good idea buying those garden tools. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Judy.....Your flowers are so cheerful and pretty. Love what you did with your stack n grow. When you're feeling down....just go out and enjoy all the work you've done to make your home pretty.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing how beautifully the big pot is coming along!
    Sometimes, I have those same kind of days. Nothing seems right, and I am completely exhausted. No explanation.....I just give in to it. I was over at LM's yesterday and was in process of making a dinner to share with Kristi (she is visiting us until next Sat). All of a sudden I felt so tired that I looked at LM and said, I am going in to take a brief nap. He joined me and we both slept soundly for 25 min. So nice but I wonder why that happens. Can't happen during my work day! LOL

    Your porch and steps are so pretty.....your hard work and resourcefulness pays off!
    Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love this time of year in this beautiful state! I'm sorry you were feeling sad. I hope you feel better by now! You porch looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh look how nice your porch and planters look! :)

    Well, the mysteries of dreaming and night and moods the next morning and all...who knows! Sometimes the most common of expressions can reassure us that these things are common to all of us and have been for a very long time...such as 'got up on the wrong side of the bed' .. ! :) I wonder how long that expression has been going around...makes me want to "Google" it and find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to wake on the "wrong side of the bed" as my mother would say. You probably had bad dreams that you don't remember. I've actually awakened myself laughing and had no idea why. Your flowers are so beautiful. What good choices you made.

    ReplyDelete