title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, January 1, 2016

It Is The Best of Days--It is the Worse of Days

My 4th Sadiversary, since Fred passed.  He was such a good man.  I have known other, what I thought were good men, but in all those relationships, there was always emotional or physical hurt and betrayal. 

Fred was the first man who truly loved me with no conditions expected.  He was honest, loyal, kind and caring to me.  We were so alike in everything, even our pasts were alike.  We were an extension of each other. The same mind, thought and heart in two separate bodies.  He often said, we were like twins. His total acceptance of who I was, gave me self-confidence and self-esteem I had rarely felt in my entire life. 

Fred and I had talked of it often.  I was 65, he 61, when we met.  We both had given up ever finding love again.  We both felt that even if we only had five years together,  we would be grateful. 

Seven years and not one single disagreement.  We had learned, “not to sweat the small stuff”.  Whatever he wanted to do was fine with me.  Whatever I wanted to do, was fine with him.  We were just content to be with each other, day by day.

With a hug and a kiss, his last words to me were, “I love you, Honey.  See ya in a little while.”  I stepped out of his hospital room, so "they" could do their "test" on him.  15 minutes later, he was gone.

10:51 am  1/1/2012

Friends thought I was in complete shock and denial because I didn’t “grieve” like I was supposed to.  It was because all I could think of was how grateful I was for the years we had together.  

As I drove home from the hospital, every time I thought of him, on that day, and every time since, for the last four years, I just smile.  

Sure, I miss him, I am incredibly lonely, but God brought us together in February 2003, and both of us knew that.  

There is no earthly way we should have ever met.  He was the very best man I have ever known.


I am so very thankful.

14 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, Judy. I'm thankful for you though that you two found each other and had such good times. Take care.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Sally, or I'd still think ALL men are hurtful, nasty creatures.

      Delete
    2. He was a blessing that is for sure. I am so glad you finally had someone that loved you back... doesn't happen so much.... I wish I had it.

      Delete
  2. I love the photo of Fred with your cat. There is something so 'manly' about a male who isn't afraid to love cats and does and let them love them back.

    I'm glad you posted today. I've been thinking about you and your sadiversary. Although I'm not buying that you've never grieved "like you were supposed to." You just did it the way you've lived your entire life...keeping your emotions to yourself. I'm so glad you too, found each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Buddy. We had him about two months by then. Fred was an animal lover. His 15 year old dog had died and he stated that we needed two cats! He and Buddy are watching Tiger's Baseball. :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I commented on the wrong thread ... so I deleted it... just so you know..

      Delete
    4. I saw your comment on my e-mail. I'm sorry. :-(

      Delete
  3. I wish, as I'm sure you do too, that he was still here with you. I'm glad you can smile and enjoy the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--New Year's Day and all the Bowl games was always a big day for us to enjoy. We both loved sports.

      Delete
  4. So glad for all your happy memories. Always. And none of us grieve "the way we are supposed" to. And it's a life long journey this grief. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is a many splendored thing, and a great gift at any age. Happy New Year, Judy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a warm smile Fred has. What eyes of love. You lit up his heart, Judy. If ever there were karma, this was good karma you earned. Anniversaries make it O.K. to throw open our hearts and show who made them sing.

    I agree with AW that none of us grieve the way we are 'supposed to'. Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had Fred and I'm sorry he left too soon.

    ReplyDelete