title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, August 14, 2015

Strange Day

I must have been very tired because, last night I went to bed at 11:30, slept all night and didn't wake up until 10:15 this morning!!

Could be depression?  Could be all the emotional stuff I am dealing with in my waking hours, making me exhausted?

PLUS--it is 85 degrees outside with a dew point of 60!!!  You can't go outside, unless you want to suffocate.  I do not do well with heat and humidity.  Even closed up inside with the A/C running, it feels very stuffy.  This heat-wave with continue all next week too.

My friends son that died on his 55th birthday from a instant cardiac arrest?  Karen went out with him once, in the late '70's.  Back in 1956, I had gone out with his dad, a couple of times.  MY Dad thought it would be cool for me to date a guy who was a farmer.  I thought he was slow and shy and not very interesting.  Bad mistake--he is now a millionaire three times over.

The other kid that was killed on the motorcycle?  The Son-In-Law of a school friend of mine.  His wife has steadily posted photos of them on FB and hospital reports and the like.  Plus she has been on the Detroit nightly news  It's like she is so nutsy-cuckoo with shock and grief that she has to keep posting something to keep him alive?  Usually people are pretty quiet on FB when one of their loved ones dies.

Something I found truly weird--today she posted, by invitation only, for people to arrive at the hospital at 8:00am.  They will sit outside the operating room, while a surgical team removes all of his organs, for donation.  Then they will be able to see him, afterwards, when his organs and life support has been removed.

He has been medically brain dead since Tuesday afternoon,.  "They" kept him alive so they could do get everything ready for organ donation.  I've heard of that.  They had over 65 people come in yesterday to "visit" him and this morning, slightly less than that will attend his "harvesting.

It kind of creeps me out.  Wouldn't you want to be just with a few family members?  I don't know--seems weird to me.

They still haven't found the car that caused the accident that took his life.  It was on the expressway that goes north, clear to the Mackinaw Bridge.  No one got the license plate number--only a description of the car.  That car could be in any number of States by now or even Canada.
==========================
I have heard nothing from my son's GF, or my sister, or daughters.  I sent Pam and e-mail and she has ignored it.  I asked my sister if she had heard anything and she suggested I e-mail Pam.

I can handle anything!  I can handle the worse possible scenario.  What I can't handle is the not knowing.  It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop and makes me very nervous.  
=====================
Yesterday, I had my monthly trip to Gleaner's Food Bank.  There really wasn't much that I needed, but I did get a couple of packages of frozen ground beef, a gallon milk, cat food, grape jelly and strawberry jelly, some kind of squashed English Muffins and Croissants, and canned goods.

When I got home, I noticed I already had grape jelly and some other canned goods.  So, I put the extra in a couple of plastic bags and when Pearl's neighbor went to work, I took them down and put them on his front porch steps.  This young man is very nice, but has had some hard times.  He needs to be on Welfare and go to the food bank, but he won't.  Too proud.  So occasionally I will drop off some stuff I have or some cat food--he has one rescued kitty.  He has no clue that I am the one doing this and I hope he never finds out.
==========================
The Wiccan who lives between Pearl and me, went to a Pagan Pride Festival last Saturday.  Her pet Guinea Pig that she adores, was sick so she took it to the vet Saturday morning.  When they got home, the pig was dead.  

Oh My Gosh--the screaming and crying coming off her back porch was chilling.  I thought at first her husband had dropped over dead.  I don't know why she was out on her porch with all this racket.  Maybe she wanted everyone to know and come running?  Maybe she wanted to get away from the dead pig?

Monday she posted a picture on FB of the new paint job her husband has just completed.  7 layers of different colored purple paint layered and sponged onto the wall.  I immediately knew why the Guinea Pig had died.  Paint fumes are toxic to Guinea Pigs--a paint job that lasted over two weeks and they never thought to put the piggie outside on the porch, or at least close the door to its room and open the window--any window.

Pearl said, "That girl doesn't deserve to have any animals!  All of them she takes in, she either gives away in six months or they die."

"I said, "Serves her right for going to worship Pagan gods and goddesses."  
<Yes, I know.  I am an evil person, prone to prejudices and probably going straight to hell!>
=======================
Dar was over and it wasn't too bad, actually.  She was getting ready to go to the wedding of her 4th cousin, twice removed, or something like that.

She had met John and Maisey as she was walking over--they were going for their evening walk.

John said, "Where are you going all dressed up?"

She replied, "To my cousin's wedding."

He said, "I've been married twice.  I left the first one and the second one left me."  and he ambled on.

She thought his response was quite odd and I said, "Yes.  He sometimes says things that have hardly anything to do with the subject matter."

 Then I told her about the time John and I were having a porch-chat and Merle stopped by.  I had told John and Pearl about my son Mark's diagnosis of cancer.

Merle said, "I'm so sorry to hear about your son."

Just as I was about to thank him, John said, "I worked for thirty years at Dynastics in Brighton."

Huh?
===============
Do you see why I often state that I am living around people like I have never known in my entire life?  They seem so weird that I sometimes think I am in the middle of a bad, nonsense, kind of dream!

Maybe someday, I will come out of the coma I have been in and wake to see I am still living out on my farm!!!!!
===================

Wrap an ear of sweet corn in a wet paper towel.


5 minutes on high.



The last week or so, I seem to have gone vegetarian.



No need to wonder why it is called a 
Rose of Sharon bush.
From the side, the blossoms look like roses.
From the front, I think they look like Holly Hocks.

  

      

11 comments:

  1. I would not want to go to an organ harvesting or to have many people around me if I was waiting them to do that to a family member. I guess everyone does what they gotta to hold it together at a time like that. What would they do at a funeral, if everyone came before? Creeps me out too.

    I can't wait until this weather breaks but it will be a week. We're have a bad storm now and it will your way soon.

    John's response about being married twice fits with talking about going to a wedding but when you were talking about your son, I'd have to wonder if he actually heard you. Or maybe he lost someone close to cancer and needed to change the subject? Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, are you thinking that since Pam didn't answer your email (that Susan said you should do) that they are actually holding back things about Mark from you again? It sounds like Susan knows something. I'd be very frustrated also. :(

    No organ harvesting wait for it to be over, then view the body. That's why they have "visitation" at churches, funeral homes, etc. But, like Jean said everyone is different and handle death in a way that's comfortable for them.

    Prayers for Mark and for you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--I feel they are keeping me in the dark.


      I don't know if they are going to have a funeral, for the young man.
      He probably was cremated and a memorial service later at their Motorcycle Club.

      Delete
    2. Well, do you think even Susan knows something? I can't imagine that she would keep it from you. I don't have a sister, but I do believe if my brother
      knows something about my child he would tell me. But, then again who know? I'm just sorry you're being kept in the dark as I don't think that's fair to you. Love you! xoxo

      Delete
    3. Perhaps. That's the problem--not knowing if they are or they aren't! Perhaps they think I will go all nutsy-cuckoo, but I have determined, if/when I hear news I will just respond with a "Thanks for letting me know". I can go all nutsy-cuckoo months from now, when it is over and I am alone!

      Delete
    4. I understand, really I do. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I meant to add that I think it's the weather that is major reason you're not feeling well. I felt the same way yesterday and so did my house cleaner. We were both flaky and spacy and felt like we need naps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel great this cool morning, windows open, BUT, hot and humid later and all next week, so A/C will be on later.

      That big storm you had, only brought a tiny bit of rain here. But it was a nice rain.

      Delete
  4. hi judy, that harvesting "party thing" seems so creepy to me although i am a huge supporter of organ donation.

    the heat keeps me inside as well. i go out in the early morning and in the evening, both have been cool here at the shore. i often still feel the heat when i am inside in the a/c.

    corn can also be cooked right in the husk. bring it home, do nothing. cook it in the micro for 4 minutes on high. carefully remove. cut about 1/2 inch off the larger end and then pinch/slide it out. it will slide right out and there will not be one piece of silk. you will be amazed. you can google it, there are videos!!! it so easy and it works, i've done it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that video, Deb. Guess I would bet my fingers burned from the steam no matter which method I used. LOL

      Yes--even with the A/C on, I can feel the huimidity. Then I get it nice and cold in here and have to put on my slippers because my feet are freezing, but still feel humid. I really enjoy the cool weather of spring and fall AND, don't mind winter a bit!

      Delete
  5. Yes, this humidity can take a hike! It's supposed to cool off later this week though so that's something. Still not looking forward to winter, though, no matter how hot it gets!

    ReplyDelete