title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Answers. Questions. Photos.

Yes, Merle has had his Social Security for the last 13 years and Pearl gets hers    They are still money tight every month, even though they get about $1800.00 a month.

Merle did not "resign" in the way we think of resigning.  That is the word Pearl used.  He simply told the owner of the golf course that he wouldn't be coming back to work there next year, so they could get someone to replace him and now...Merle is training the new guy.
========================
Dawn!  Thank you so much.  What a treat I am going to have!!!!!!
=======================
So, I did the walk again this morning.  Didn't hurt quite as much when I was done.  I don't know how far it is to the lake.  Two blocks round trip?  I will have to drive it with my car so I can watch the speedometer and find out. :-).

When I step to the end of my drive--it is waaaaay up there.  Click on them to see them bigger.



Very disappointing to me.  The heart on "Fred's" tree is growing into itself.  It now looks obscene!!!
When Fred was recovering from his heart surgery, the farthest he could walk was to this tree, about half-way to the lake.  He noticed the heart shape one day and took me to see it and said, "Every time you see that heart, just remember how much I love you."  A lot of things have changed in the last 3.5 years. <Sigh>

At the corner, where I turn left to go up and out of the park.  The lady has made a real nice garden.


Here is my reward for making it all the way to the park/lake.  I sit on the picnic table and ponder, say a prayer and then start back home.




I'd like to live here, but...




I would especially love to live here.  A perfect, unobstructed view of the lake--all day long, 365 days.  It would be like living in a cottage on a lake every single day!!



Almost everyone plants flowers.  Some gardens have no rhyme or reason.......


Others quite large and lovely...................

Pearl's place


Dar's place faces the neighbor's left-(quite close) instead of the road.

 Jackie's place.  She is recovering nicely from last week's knee replacement.


Between Pearl and me.
The Wiccan's place.  Sh-hh, it is daylight and they are sleeping.  Probably hanging upside down in their back room!






Home.  Sweet home.  Nice and shady, although my big Maple tree needs trimming, badly.






...and my neighbor's across the street.  The nicest positioning and lay-out of any place on this side of the park.  At least, they face the road.

Tomorrow, I think I will take my walk  up the service drive, to the right and back of the neighbor's place. (The same people who moved in last summer and spoiled my view!)

=========================
After my Soap, I ran up to Wal-Mart....well actually I didn't RUN, I drove my car--and picked up a prescription, my Cortisone cream to heal the skeeter bites, some more Melatonin, so I can sleep at night and stopped at their eyeglass place to order my glasses.  I have had the prescription since before my birthday in June.  I have a $40.00 gift card from Pam.  I have $60.00 on my Wal-Mart savings card and I have $80.00 cash.  $180.00 total.  

I found frames for $58.00, almost exactly like the ones I now have.  I don't want any coating on the lenses.  I need Progressive lenses. $238.00 without tax.  ARGGH!!!!!

These that I have, I got at Costco two years ago. $189.00. I have never liked them.  They have an anti-glare coating ON the lenses.  Wal-Mart puts their anti-glare coating IN the lenses.  Thus, for the last year, my glasses have always looked smeary.  I have to clean them many times a day, because the coating is ON not IN the polycarbonate lens!!

But, I had to purchase a Costco membership, $50.00, in order to get my glasses, and which I never used for anything else BECAUSE, I don't need two jars of Jumbo sized peanut butter--or a gallon of dill pickles.  I can get large bundles of bathroom tissue and paper towels at Wal-Mart for a cheaper price.

I was so happy that my glasses at Costco were only $189.00, but add on the membership fee and that comes to $239.00.  My mid-priced glasses at Wal-Mart will be $238.00--with the anti-glare IN the lenses for free.  I could get better ones for $325.00, but that ain't happening~!

Now--if I can niggle or save $88.00 in the next few weeks, I will be able to get my new glasses and see clearly once again!
=================
Weird isn't it?  My life is just filled with stuff like this every single day.  LOL

Maple tree trim: $150.00
Needed car tires: $340.00-$400.00 (if I'm lucky and get cheap ones)
Doctor bill owed: $236.00
Dentist bill owed:  $213.00 (I pay $50.00 a month)
Brakes for car:  What--85.00 for brakes, 75.00 labor?  $150.00?

I am very grateful that today I received a notice from the McAuley Fund at St. Joseph Hospital, that will pay for my $1800.00 hospital bill and $419.00 ambulance bill from March 31 - April 3rd.

I have signed up for Blue Cross supplemental insurance, like I had before.  Only $40.42 a month, which is not the best insurance, BUT I won't have co-pays every time I step into the doc's office and I think, it will totally cover my Chiropractor visits.  Oh, I forgot, I owe him $217.00.

Easy to get very discouraged, when I see it all laid out like that above.  Easier to put it all on a credit card ($1650.00) and pay $50.00 a month on ALL of it, BUT--I am one year into bankruptcy and I have no credit cards.  I was offered a few--$175.00 yearly fee and 24.99 interest?  I think not!!!!!

But--I don't get discouraged!  Everything will work out--as it ALWAYS has.  For some reason, God must like me because it seems, for the last 30 years, something or someone always comes along to help and I don't think those happenings are coincidences!

As long as I don't have an emergency car repair, I will be all right.  I hear that gas prices are coming down.  Right there will add money to my budget!!
Everything is going to be all right!!!

7 comments:

  1. I would love having that lake within walking distance. What a beautiful setting. Thanks for the tour around the park with your camera, but you missed John's place. It looks like they do a good job keeping the park up. I'm surprised they make you pay to trim trees on your lot. I just assumed parks owned the land and you just own the parking pad.



    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked east--John is to the west and then north of me. I'll get around that way one of these days. We are put on a waiting list for tree trimming--they do it like every two years. HOWEVER--mine hasn't been done in 4 years, so the "sucker" branches they cut off last time have grown and are laying on my roof and hanging way down on my porch roof. I can only imagine how bad they will be come the first ice storm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see photos of your area. The lake is gorgeous - I'm sure that the colours/light are constantly changing. I've just had my breakfast and am going off on my 'morning amble'. Not as nice as yours (dull grey skies for a starters!). Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, what Merle is planning to do with drawing unemployment with no intentions of going back to work when it ends, is fraud. If he's going to do it, he needs to be more careful about who he tells that to because with the mood of the country so against people collecting welfare and unemployment he could easily get turned in and have to pay it all back. To legally qualify for unemployment you must be able to meet these three qualification: 1) Able to work, 2) Available for work and 3) Seeking full-time employment. He is training his replacement. I can't see an employer lying to the state by saying he's laid off until spring. While that was true in over past winters, it's not true over this one. It's frauding the state if he and/or his employer lie about him being able and willing to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get all technical on me, Jean. Seasonal work--at a small golf course. He never knows if he is going back in the spring. The owner never knows if the course will open the next year--he may sell it. The owner pays into the unemployment of his workers. IF Merle works until the end of October, he will have the correct number of work weeks/hours and he qualifies for unemployment, as do all the other employees. They work March thru October..

      Delete
    2. You can collect unemployment while on SS? Sounds crazy to me too!

      Bravo to you for taking your four block walk every day! Soon you will be working up to a mile or two (until winter kicks in?!). Thanks for the scenic tour. You are lucky to have such a view to walk towards! A reward/goal of a beautiful lake.

      I'm looking forward to being able to ENJOY walking again. Yesterday I ordered a pink flowered cane ....

      Delete
  5. So glad you're walking and you have a great place for it. Hopefully, if you can keep it up you won't hurt.

    Your neighbors all seem to take good care of their homes and yards. I didn't see one that I like better than yours, though. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete