title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, August 1, 2015

I Shoulda Known!!

Mitzi in Byron Center, please send me an e-mail
jjmiller6213@comcast.net
===================

Today is Karen's youngest, Madeleine Sophia's, 19th birthday.  I call her, Precious Girl.  The years slip by so quickly!


=========================================================


When I was a little girl and actually on, until I got overly positive with life, at around 70, I would never make statements about anything really good.  I figured if it was good and if I acknowledged it, it would soon go all wrong.  I didn't know about "fate" back then, nor do I really believe in it now, but in January, when I proclaimed to the world: "I am so glad this is an odd numbered year, because they are always the best for me. "   

 I shoulda known! 
==================
My daughter Karen stopped in for a visit, on her way to her dental appointment.  I just flat out asked her--told her I had a bad feeling about (her daughter) my second grand daughter and her husband.  I was right. Trouble in Paradise, way out there in Oregon.   

CRAP!

Second question--because I have had a bad feeling about my youngest, Jen and her husband.  "Are they separated?"

"Not yet."

CRAP!

Third question--because I got wind of something and had, not a bad feeling, but a worried one.

"How did Pammie's skin biopsy turn out?"

"Oh.  I didn't know you knew.  It was fine.  She's all right."

THANK YOU GOD!!

Fourth question--she filled me in on the latest.  Worse than I thought.

CRAP!!

Remember me telling you when the girls got together two weeks ago?  I knew darn well something was afoot!!

It is better for me to know what is going on, instead of having these bad, worrisome intuitions.  When I know, I become much more able to cope and become tougher and stronger!
===============
So--it is as it is!  Life gets hard and sucks a lot of the time.  BUT--life can be good, most of the time.  We just have to get through the sucky times, not make any rash decisions, not go off half-cocked out of emotional feelings.
<keep telling yourself that Jude>

Pray for strength and just keep going--Onward & Upward--Ever Forward!

7 comments:

  1. I do remember when your girls got together. Mothers know their kids, don't they. Hope it all gets worked out.

    Is Mitzi from Byron Center, MI? If so, that close to where I used to live and close to where I want to move back to. I can get there in a half hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Where is Byron Center?
      When I used to tell people I was from Byron, they'd always say, "Oh Byron Center?" No.

      Delete
  2. Love the pics of you and Maddy. She always looks so happy.

    Well, sometimes I guess it's just better not to ask, Judy. But, on the other hand sometimes, especially when it comes to our kids, I don't like being in the dark. I guess we have to just accept what they're willing to tell us.

    Love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hard for me to do, Sally. Especially now that I KNOW, they keep things from me. I mean the really important things. I don't need to know if they are going to have Botox injected for their wrinkle, or if they have a root canal--I mean REALLY, life altering stuff. Ya know what I mean?

      Delete
  3. Maybe you could write them each a card asking to be included and promising nothing will go on Facebook or Blog. Win/Win for everyone? My feelings would be so hurt if my kid kept something from me yet shared with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, may your well of strength be filled and there everytime you need it. It seems you have a full plate of things right now. I have you and your family high in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just can't give up - as you say. Praying for all things that trouble you - God knows what those are. I have a dear family member just married a year - headed for separation. Makes me so sad. I hope they can see back to each other. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete