title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Lovely Sunday.

Maisey stopped by for a porch-chat today--Sunday.  She had a lot of things to tell me.  Like Cecil the Lion's brother had also been killed. Not So!  That Hummingbirds catch migration rides down south under the wings of Geese.  What?  Geese and Hummingbirds don't go to the same place for winter.  Not So!  Also Maisey thinks that autumn begins Labor Day. Not So!  It begins on or the day before or after September 21st.

I don't argue with Maisey, she has a lot of myths and things she truly believes.  If it were a matter of life or death, I might correct her, but............................................not worth it.  "Really?" is the best response.

I had a lovely chat with my Wee Sister.  We talked of many things--feelings, ponderings, events.  It is always nice to have someone who understands me so well--and doesn't criticize or condemn my feelings, but will on occasion, if needed, say, "What?  Really?  I don't agree."

It was quite warm today, but with low humidity.  The warm is so different without high humidity.  No need for A/C with the nice westerly breeze coming in ALL windows and front door.  The weather-man says this is the last hot day.  We are turning toward autumn and cooler temps--especially at night.  We have had a lovely summer.

Sunday, I mostly sat inside watching movies or H2 or a baseball game.  Our Detroit Tigers are really PIT-EE-FULL this year, but I watch, if there is nothing more interesting on the tube.  Saw a great movie on H2 about "Revelation--The End Times."  I dig that kind of thing.  I enjoy reading and watching apocalyptic stuff.  I don't watch stuff about Aliens--ancient, past, present, or future.  I just don't believe there is life on other planets.  At least not alien people.

I do get quite a bit of crocheting and cross stitching done while watching TV.  I just can't sit and watch!  I get to fidgety.  I need to have my hands busy.  I once was working on a big Angel cross stitch picture while watching an MSU basketball game.  The next day, I realized I had left out about 10 rows of stitches in the midst of the pattern!  The slowness of watching baseball is much more conducive for cross stitching.
===========================
My minister, Pastor Lewis, from the Howell United Methodist Church, married the Pastor Sherry Parker, from the Brighton United Methodist Church.  He is a widower, she never married.

Do you remember when I told you, 3.5 years ago when he did Fred's funeral, that I thought he was in his late sixties?  Found out later, he is only 56!!

Cute, Huh?


6 comments:

  1. He does look older than 56! They look happy together.

    We had quite the storm on this side of the state. Power off six hours. i brought in all my solar lights from outside, worked great. Did you get the storm over there?

    Glad you had a great Sunday. I worked down in the basement most of the afternoon, felt very grubby and wanted a shower just as the storm hit...I didn't get that shower and hated sitting around like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still having the heat wave here. Thankfully, it was overcast yesterday so not AS hot. Same so far this morning. We did dinner on the grill ... and my first attempt at potatoes gratin. Fabulous ... but definitely not Weight Watcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, cute.
    you are so right about the weather....with humidity it's an oppressive heavy blanket of heat; without...bearable, easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, cute.
    you are so right about the weather....with humidity it's an oppressive heavy blanket of heat; without...bearable, easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe, chats on the porch with people who know everything, i try to avoid those!!! hehehe....you are a kind soul to humor her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to explain--Maisey is a dog. LOL. John's dog. John is the opinionated one, I just write it so it sounds like Maisey. :-)

      Delete