title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, August 7, 2015

Another Day--Another Walk

I could not get to sleep last night.  At 2:00, I remembered, I had forgotten to open the new bottle of Melatonin. So I fumbled around in the dark, got it open and popped one.  Went right to sleep, BUT....woke up late this morning.  I also forgot to set my alarm for 8:00.

Barely awake and Dar showed up!!  GEEZ LOUISE!!  She only stayed about 30 minutes and truth be told, I dozed through much of what she was yammering about.  HAH
==============================
Today, I decided to turn right at the end of my drive and walk up the service drive.

I picked up neighbor Mike's garbage pail and put it up on his lawn.


At the corner, Gulfstream Drive, looking north, Lloyd and Margies house.
Corky (83) has the blue house.
John and Maisey are next to him.
Jeff has the pick up.
Those guys living side-by-side, are like a bunch of frat brothers.
The are always having bets on who can catch the most chipmunks or who makes the best chili.

Corky got a reprimand from the park mgmt. last fall because he was sitting on his back porch, shooting  squirrels with his .22 pistol.  HAH
The wetlands are their back yard, and coyotes range back there.


 Lloyd and Margies beautiful Rose of Sharon bush.













I'm going left, up the service drive.  It connects the "old" part of the park (mine), with the new.


Along side my new neighbor's place.


If I walked to the right, it would take me to our sewer retention pond.
Maybe tomorrow, I will go that way.





but today.  up the hill 

If you could get through all that brush, you could walk to the marshy part of the lake.  I could when I first moved in.  Now they just let the brush grow. 



Ever onward--deer flies and skeeters biting like crazy.







Wild carrot, asters and flowers along the way.




You can barely see houses that line a dead end road. These are the people that set off their M-80's and Thunder Bombs--that burst right over our area.

An unleashed dog is barking in a yard, so I turn back.

Maybe next time I can make it clear up to the new part of the park.



This reminds me of the kind of hide-outs I used to build in the woods, when I was a kid.  I know...IF I could get back in there, I could sit for hours and no one would see me. :-)


 Easier coming down the incline.
Quad muscles, calves and back are screaming!!!

The back of new neighbor's, Jackie and Dar places.  What a nice back view they have.



Finally!  Nearing the home stretch.








Turn the corner and what do I see?  Pearl, toddleing out to get her mail.  She does toddle too.  Short little baby steps so she won't fall. Bent forward a bit.  She's so cute!

Maggie, watching Pearl and waiting for me to come inside.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely walking tour you took us on and what a great place to walk! Have you ever had Maggie outside on a leash? I saw the neatest cat enclosure on FaceBook the other day. It was made out of heavy screen and was like a box that went out from a regular widow so a cat could be "outside" on three sides and overhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that on FB too. I thought my "kids" would love it--well, Maggie would anyway. No, I don't take them outside. I don't keep their shots up to date, so I would be afraid they'd get feline leukemia or fleas or something equally nasty if they walked outside where all the dogs have walked.

      Delete
  2. Fun!! Now I feel like I've been on a walk and don't have to take one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the walking tour. Your neighbors Rose of Sharon bush looks so pretty and full. Wish mine looked like that. VickieOkc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice walk and commentary....really fun. Pearl has the most beautiful hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're still walking, and hoping the pain from it will be gone soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful walk. It reminds me of Mayberry.

    ReplyDelete