title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

What I Did Today

Alex was 8 years old yesterday.

I took him to his favorite restaurant this evening.
He loves his new school, because...
#1--there is no dress code
#2--he doesn't have to wear a button-up golf shirt type of shirt
#3-the work is way more interesting
#4-the playground is way bigger and has better stuff

He went to a dirt bike place last Sunday and he had a small mark on his face from, "when I wiped out."  Thinking of my friend Sally's grandson--this adventure of Alex' made me nervous.

I had to get him back home within 90 minutes so Aunt Pammie could get him to Soccer practice.
==================
I also found out today that Alex' older brother Andrew, who will be 13 in two weeks, is almost as tall as I am.  Alex' older sister Elise is in 5th grade band and is playing her mother's flute!!!!! Which truly warms the cockles of my heart AND little Evan who turned 3 last month came running out for a hug yelling, "Mimi. Mimi."

Nice evening.  I cried on the way home because I can't see them more often.

10 comments:

  1. I guess we can label this a bittersweet experience. I'm happy you got to see Alex and Evan and so sad you have restrictions placed on seeing the kids. It just doesn't make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand and my grandchildren do not live near
    and everyone is super busy.
    You look so happy in the photo shared...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable. It is so sad that you can't see them all more often. Jen is robbing them of an important relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad that you can't see them more often! I thought your daughter came around over the summer. One day she may regret the way she's acting and it will be too late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very nice picture. You both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo, and so glad you had a nice time with that sweet, little cutie pie. He looks happy and so do you; at least the both of you have this wonderful memory to draw on. We have to appreciate what we can in this world, and I know it's a very difficult position you're in. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure Alex and his brother and sister are. You look so happy! I sure hope the situation changes and you can see them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ninety minutes is not a lot, but I'm glad you got to see him. What a cute fellow. The photo of the two of you is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He and his siblings will remember every day that you took the time to get them and be with them whenever it was possible. They have a lot better understanding of the situation than you probably know. Prayers for a healing in Jen's heart toward you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very handsome birthday boy / I hope you'll see them more in the future :)

    ReplyDelete