title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, October 9, 2014

For Everything There Is A Season



To clarify--Pearl knew that I had promised to help Dar FIRST, when she asked me to go out with them.  I was hesitant at the time to even slightly agree to go with them..and she knew it was a "maybe I can" sort of thing.  She even said, "Well, if you can, you can and if you can't, you can't"

When I asked Pearl what time they were going to leave, she didn't know--in fact, she wasn't even positive it was going to be last night.  She said, she would call and let me know.  She also knew that I had not been feeling well.  She also knows I really cannot afford to go out to eat.

Then, she just bops in here as they are leaving and expects me to be ready to go...when I didn't even know what time they were going or if they were going?  When she found out that I was still feeling sick, she could have said she understood and quietly left--instead of getting on my case and calling me Miss Crabby.

As for Dar's behavior--well, we all know, that remains a mystery.
===============================
I have felt much better today.  The headache appears to have gone.  My neck is still a bit stiff.  I have an appointment with the Chiropractor tomorrow afternoon, to see if he can help.  I will not get a massage, because that costs $15.00 and Medicare/Insurance won't pay for that.  I will get an adjustment, which is covered.

Today, I spent a good amount of time outside--well, a good amount for me.  I keep trying, but I cannot work for more than half an hour without stopping to sit and rest for 15 minutes.

It wasn't all that long ago, when I could work 4-5 hours outside.  I could get ALL my yard work done in a day's time.  Now---well, it just ticks me off that I have to stop and rest and, even with that, I can't do more than an hour before my legs start to tremble and my hands start to shake.

I try to be thankful that I can do what little I can do.  Before the hip replacement surgeries, I could do nothing!  I couldn't bend over.  I could hardly walk.

Today, I had to lop off the big Zinnia plants--their stems were so thick.  They were seven feet tall , so in order to get them into the yard waste bag, I had to bend over and cut them into three sections.  Then bend over and gather up the piles of raked up waste and put into the bag.

Then, I trimmed off some low growing Rose of Sharon bush branches, Lilac branches, Weigela branches and rake those all up.  I took the bird bath apart, washed it and put it into the shed.

That's all I got done and it took an hour.  The yard waste people came yesterday to pick up one bag and all the bundles of branches my BIL cut off the Privet bushes.  They won't be back for two weeks.  Since I don't want the bags I filled today, sitting around and get wet, I dragged them down to Merle, as he will take them in to the golf course and dump them into their yard waste bins, for me.

He had told me to just set them out by the street and he'd pick them up for me, but.....I didn't want to take a chance that "someone" would think that was too much work for him, so I hauled them down and put them in the back of his pick-up.

Pearl did seem a bit cool to me, but.........................
===============================
I'm glad to see the old guy, across the street, working on his own without his son's direction.  He made his back steps and did a great job!

We are expecting low 30's temperature tonight so most of my annuals will freeze.  That is all right with me.  I am not covering any of them.  It is time.  I am cleaning everything up real nice--making sure that it is in perfect shape, so when spring arrives, everything will be ready for a new growing experiment.

It is the season to put everything to "bed" and snuggle down for the cold and snow ahead of us.  The night's are becoming longer and Mother Nature is telling us it is time to rest.  

I hope tomorrow, I can start on the porch and all my container plants there.  When everything old is put away, then I have 50 spring bulbs to plant and...that should do it.  

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better today and you even got some work done! I worked out in the yard today, too, and got everything done I needed to do out there except plant some daffodil blubs I dug up this summer. Feels good to have the yard in order for the coming winter.

    I'm sorry If I misunderstood the thing with Pearl and for getting on your case about it when I shouldn't have. It's SO hard sometimes to have the right tone when we write and I didn't mean to be as critical as what I sounded like when I reread it the next day. You seem to have a good touch for keeping all your neighbors on friendly terms and I admire that....and with your cast of characters that can't always be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not take offense at your comment, Jean. I didn't explain the situation very well to begin with. Headache got in my way and I was so tired, I could hardly write. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good!

    My gosh, it's taking those guys a long time to built a porch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I think you do extremely well with your yard work; I have to take a lot of breaks also. I don't have new hips but neuropathy in my legs which I take meds for, and I find that mowing helps. But, yes I can understand the breaks. We both can be thankful to be able to do what we do. Girl, you amaze me with all the projects you take on!

    Glad you were better yesterday, and I hope the chiropractor helps even more today.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to get outside and get things cleaned up and ready for the winter. We still have our furniture out. The birds are still using the birdbath so I don't know when I'll get that put away! . I'm glad you are feeling better for this post! I am always behind on your posts now that you don't show up on my feed anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Judy. I've missed you, but we're back from vacation, and I'll catch up today. We had balmy breezes and temps in the low 80s on our vacation, but now we're back to real fall weather, and as you say, it's time to put things to bed and begin the season of rest. Okay, going to catch up now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! I put my veggie garden to bed the other day and yesterday morning was 38 degrees and now guess what? We are going to 70 today and possibly close to 80 tomorrow! Indian Summer days, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete