title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Does Anyone Have a Gun I Can Borrow?

Last night, I took a heavy duty pain pill--a nice opiate I have left over from hip surgery, and went to bed at 10:00.  I slept good and woke up feeling quite a bit better.  BUT along about 10:00am, the neck and headache tried to come back.

Monday, Dar told me that she had a day off on Wednesday and she wondered if I'd come over and drain and flush her water heater for her.

"I'll help you,"I said.  "We can work together and then next time, you will know how to do it yourself."

"Oh.  Okay.  I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and I have to get my hair cut, so I will call you when I want you to come over."

"Afternoon would be best for me."

"Okay."

======================
Yesterday, Pearl asked me to go out to supper with them, their daughter, grand daughter and great grand daughter, to celebrate the birthday's of the daughter and grand daughter.  I adore her daughter and grand daughter.

"What time?"  I asked.

"I don't know."

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know that either."
<okay>

"Well, Dar asked me to help her drain her water heater and, if we get done in time and if I feel better, I would love to go with you guys.  Just call and them me know."

"Okay."
========================
By noon, I was really feeling rough.  I didn't really want to do anything.  The headache is like a migraine, in that any noise or light really makes it hurt worse and makes me nauseous...but I had made a commitment to Dar, so.............

I hadn't heard from either one of them, so after my Soap, I heated up my rice sock, put it behind my neck and kicked back in my recliner to rest.

My front door opened and in walked Pearl...at 5:00.  I had slept three hours!!!!!

"We're getting ready to leave.  Are you ready?"

"I guess I can't go, Pearl.  My head and neck still hurts, I'm kind of sick to my stomach and Dar hasn't called yet for me to go over and help her."

"Come on.  Get up and come with us.  My neck hurts too and I'm going."

"Do you have a headache that any noise or light makes it throb and you feel like you're going to throw up?"

"Well...no."

"I do and I don't really want to go...anywhere."

"Okay, Miss Crabby.  Just stay home."  and she walked out the door.

Oh GEEZ--now I've made her mad

I got up and went potty and took two Advil and back to my chair.  I must have fallen back to sleep because my phone woke me up at 7:00.  It was Dar.


"OH MY GAWD!!  I just realized that I was suppose to call you today and let you know when to come over."

"Yeah."

"I woke up this morning and my back was frozen.  I couldn't even walk!!!  I had to cancel my doctor's appointment."

"Gosh...that's awful."

"I did go get my hair cut---because I HAD to get my hair cut, but................."

"You couldn't walk so you didn't go to the doctor's but...you did manage to get your hair cut?"

"Yes."

"Ah."

"Anyway, Sheila and I went out for dinner and on the way back...I realized that I hadn't called you!"

"Your back must feel better."

"It does.  Do you want to come over now and do the heater?"
  <it's after seven and it is getting dark, NO you dumb broad, I don't want to do it now>

"It's kind of late.  I haven't felt too great today either.  Can we do it another time?"

"Sure.  You don't feel good either?  Good thing we didn't do it."
<yes, but it would have been nice if you'd called and told me that THIS MORNING>

"Okay--talk with you later.  Bye."
======================
When the maintenance guys leveled off the lawn across the street and brought in top soil, I thought they were going to put in the grass seed.  I was out getting my mail and asked.  My pal Aaron, the head maintenance guy told me, "Not until next spring, Jude."

"We used to sow the seed in the fall, cover it with a thin layer of straw and by spring it was growing," I said.  "Now, they are going to have to contend with all that mud all winter and next spring."

Aaron said, "We have to let the yard settle."

"Oh. Really?"

"Yeah."

So, when I got up this morning and saw this...I decided I should put in my application to be Maintenance Supervisor!!!
Sowing the grass seed and putting down the straw cover



Later, I worried when I saw the Old Guy out working alone.  He was sawing away.  It tickles me because, his son's don't trust him to do a thing on his own.  Although, he was a carpenter for over 50 years--he can't work with his older son (the park manager) because "all we do is disagree and fight about how things should be done," so his younger son, also a carpenter and he built the deck.  Which, was too high and his older son was the one that crawled under the deck yesterday and cut and shortened the posts!

So--now, Old Guy is working alone?  I wonder what son's are going to say.



...and lookee here--he the made the frame for the  steps and they look like mighty fine steps at that.
Don't you love his saw horses?  A couple of kitchen stools!!!

Oh--about that gun I wanted to borrow?  At first it was for me...but now...maybe a murder suicide? 



6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, Judy. The headache sounds terrible. I hope you're better now. Actually, I think you're much too kind to those kooky neighbors; it's like they don't HEAR you! But, being the nice person that you are (much nicer than me) you'll probably fix that water heater for Dar. :)

    Yeah, that guy in the motorized chair today? Now that you mention it, surely he's on at least Medicaid. DUH - I didn't even think of that. See? Not only are you nicer, you're smarter than me too.

    Take care of yourself and feel better.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygod, Judy, when you get a chance to go out to dinner with friends, you're allowed to call someone like Dar and tell them you'll help on another day. She sure would have done that if the situation were reversed...and you know it. Not that you felt like going out with Pearl but on principle, you could have without guilt. Now pearl thinks you'd rather drain a hot water heater than spend time with her family because you would do that while not feeling well, but not go out with them. Consider yourself scowled. LOL

    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DIL gets migraines like that sometimes and my brother-in-law used to have them...his were even worse. I know they can be so painful and debilitating :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better. I've only had one headache like you describe and I remember it well because it was so awful.

    Dar and Pearl were rude to not get back with you, and then for Pearl to discount how you were feeling and say what she said is......just rude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sweetheart. Who is there for YOU, when you need them? So sorry you're feeling lousy. Migraines are the pits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Headaches that make you feel nauseous are awful. I can't believe Dar didn't call and let you know her situation. What a mess.

    As for the grass, we put it down in the fall around here. I guess you can do it in spring, but it doesn't have time to put down good roots before the weather gets very dry. It has a better chance if planted in fall. H did ours in September and the rain came just in the nick of time. We had a little rain almost everyday for a week or two and it came in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete