title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, October 24, 2014

Blessings


I had three Angels visit me today.  Angels are so very elusive.  They don't tell you their names and they don't tell you exactly where they came from.  They just drop in, give you their blessings and then, they fly away, but you know---because you REALLY know, that they are nearby and keeping an eye on you and all the while, you are not even aware of how much they care about you.

One of them, who flew in from the State of Washington said:


"In hard times, she had learned three things-
she was STRONGER than she ever imagined,
Jesus was CLOSER than she ever realized
and she was LOVED more than she ever knew."

That message took my breath away, because it is so very true and it spoke directly to my heart and soul!

The other Angel came by from Colorado.  Can you imagine?  I didn't even know I had an Angel in Colorado.  I LOVE Colorado.  She said, "Thank You."  She's thanking me?  For what?

I never see comments from these Angels.  Like I said, they are elusive.  How do I thank them?   Perhaps only to remember them in my nightly prayers?  Just to say, "Dear God, please bless my human Angels?"  

You, my Dear Blog Buddies out there, wherever you are, I have to tell you.  I DO say a prayer for you every night.  As I go through my "list" I thank God for everything He has given me, then I ask Him to 'bless and protect, my sister & Chuck, my nephew and his family, Mark & Cindy, Pammie, Karen & Mark, Helene, Susanna & Derek, Marcus, Stephen, Madeleine, Jennifer & Eric, Andrew, Elise, Alex, and Evan.  Bless all my cousins, friends, the people who read my blog and their families.  Bless the President and please God, heal our nation.'  
=============================
Today, I have an extra blessing.  It is the 53rd birth day of my third child, Karen Helene.  She was a 10 month baby, which my doctor said he didn't believe in, until he saw her--dark brown eyes and two tiny teeth poking through and looking as wrinkled as if she had been in bath water for a month.  

She was the easiest of my children to raise.  So loving and giving, right from the start.  She is now, still the same.  She and her hubby have raised five of the most remarkable children I have ever known.  They are all so considerate and giving also.  She is involved in her church and her community.  I don't know why God blessed me with such a wonderful gift, but I am forever grateful that I got to be in her life.



==============================
My lawn mowing guy came by today and mowed the lawn and mulched and bagged all my "visible" leaves.  Seven bags full!  My big Maple tree hasn't let down his leaves as yet, but...I think I can rake them myself!  I am going to give it a try anyway because....I don't want to spend any more $$$ on the lawn.  At least this winter, I won't have that expense.  It's only $40 a month, but still.....


========================

Oh my!  Darlene came over this early morning.  That poor woman!  

A couple of weeks ago, she dropped in to tell me that she had a pulled muscle in her lower abdomen.  She "showed" it to me (yikes) and I told her I thought it looked like a hernia.

"Women don't get hernias," she said.

"Sure they do," I replied.  "It is a weakening in your abdominal wall and part of the intestine is bulging through.  You shouldn't be lifting anything.  And...you need to get to your doctor!"

So, she finally went to the doc on Monday and ...she has a hernia.  She will need surgery and has been put on restrictions at work.  She is now the store Greeter, which is driving her crazy---she hates it!  I can't say as I blame her.

So--this morning she came in, so upset, she was near tears.

"I have black mold in the little bathroom!"

"Oh my gosh."

"Remember, I had all that insurance work done last spring?"

"Yes."

"Well, I signed off on the papers that everything was taken care of and now...they won't pay to have the black mold taken out!"

"I saw there was a pick-up over at your house this morning."

"Ya...that's Craig.  He is cutting out a part of my ceiling and wall and....sure enough...black mold behind.  DAMN!!  How am I going to pay for this?"

"Don't you have extra money put away?"

"Yes...I don't want to use it though.  I do have a no interest credit card I could put it on."

"Well--rather than touch your cash---your liquid asset, put it on the card.  If they don't charge you any interest, you can pay for it each month and be okay."

"I was just thanking God the other night and now look........he's sent me a hernia AND black mold!"

"Ah...Darlene...you know very well that God didn't send you these things.  God doesn't work that way!"

"Well...it just seems that every time I get ahead, something comes along to knock me back down!"

"Yes...I know, but...that is just part of life ya know.  It keeps us humble."

"Okay.  I gotta go.  I just knew that I had to come talk to you...to get it off my chest and out of my head. I feel better now."

...and off she went.  

===============================
I missed my Soap today, but...it was worth it.  At 12:30 a knock at my door and...there stood Tami's ex husband--Shawn!  I was so glad to see him.

"I didn't see your car."

"I parked over on the other street and walked in the back way.  I don't want Tami to know I'm here."

I love Shawn.  We all loved Shawn.  One of the reasons we tolerated Tami was because of Shawn.  His Mother died about seven years ago and he has called me Mom the last five years.  I have counseled him many times, but haven't seen him in over a year.

We talked and talked.  He told me all about his new marriage and the two children that came with it.  He always wanted children and just adores them.  He is going to church regularly and is so happy now.  

He was up the road to our little hospital for heart tests.  He's been off work for two months with heart issues and finally had an ablation, which has fixed him up good as new..he doesn't need a pacemaker.  He can go back to work on Monday.

"I wish I could help you with some money," I said.

"I wish I could help YOU," he said.

So we just sat and talked and laughed and helped each other out that way.

Another visit by an Angel!!
=========================
I have a question.  Have you ever intentionally purchased a bag of Halloween candy, knowing full well you wouldn't have any Trick or Treat kids coming to your door?   Fun Size Snickers--nom, nom.

6 comments:

  1. I've never bought Halloween candy for kids who I thought wouldn't show up. I usually get 125 or so kids come by. This year I bought a fruit based candy by Welsh's that has very little sugar in them because I didn't want my normal choice of Reese's cups around to tempt me and set me on a sugar binge.

    Karen looks a lot like you only darker coloring. How great is that that she's as beautiful on the inside as the outside!

    This post was a delight to read. I'm so happy there are things/people/angels coming into your life to put some joy back in your days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about Angels.
    Love the words.
    No leaf removal here
    will just see what blows away
    everything is covered and too many leaves still on trees.
    When I lived at the old farm house
    would purchase some candy
    and none would come down the country road.
    Did it just in case
    and Jamie would stand at the window looking out
    and waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and the angels. :)

    How nice that you got to visit with Shawn - I know that just made your day.

    Karen was such a beautiful baby; actually she looked quite a bit like my own daughter, the coloring, the eyes, hair. I'm glad also that she has such a nice family and happy marriage.

    Well, I found out last night I probably won't get many, if any, trick or treaters here. I guess I should get some candy, though, just in case and YES I'll buy something Iike. :)

    I'm sorry for Dar getting terrible news. :(

    Love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure ~ two bags of Snickers and one bag of Payday ~ and probably won't have any kids stopping by. There are very few young kids in our community and most of them go to parties I think. I had to check the Snickers bars this afternoon, just to see if they were fresh :) :)

    Thank you for praying for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many trick or treaters I've never been in that position!

    Dar did get the double whammy. It seems like life tends to do that, dump on us all at once. It helps us strengthen our coping muscle.

    Glad you had nice visits with Angels.

    Karen is lovely and such a good person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your angels are looking over you. Everyone needs angels sometimes. That photo of Karen is beautiful. She is a lovely woman - inside and out. Poor Dar. She always has something going on, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete