title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Feelings



Main Street in my hometown of Byron, Michigan



Wasn't it just last week that I was saying how happy I am that I am poor...because it has made me appreciate everything I have?  Wasn't that me?

Well--I'm over that now!  I'm not happy!  It is a struggle on most days.  There is a lot of stress and fear involved.  

My budget promises $50.00 left over every month.  My budget doesn't allow for "unexpecteds"--like a $60.00 service fee for the cable company to come out and fix my phone.  I understood that if the problem originated with their equipment, I didn't have to pay.  Apparently, a critter gnawing through their lines does not constitute a problem with their equipment.  Entirely my fault--even though they didn't have their line covered in an appropriate manner!

This Thursday is my luncheon with the Gal Pals.  Next Monday is my grandson Alex' 8th birthday.  Do I got to lunch or do I take Alex out for his birthday supper?  Well--you know the answer to that!  I can no longer take the kids shopping for their birthday present--I take them out for supper and give them dollar amounts of the year's old they are.  It will probably cost me $30.00 for Alex's supper and his $8.00 birthday money.

When I pay all my bills this month, I will have $8.00 left over.  I guess I didn't want a hair cut after all!  I guess I can get an oil change on my car next month!  I guess I don't really need to buy any more food do I?
=======================
I went to the Food Bank today.  They yelled at me again because I didn't get enough "weight" of food.  They had no Tuna, which I needed.  I am only allowed 4 canned vegs or fruits.  I got green beans and soup.  I DID score on a nice looking piece of rib eye and some hamburger patties.  I didn't need any free laundry detergent, but I did get 4 rolls of bathroom tissue.  I also got 4 apples and a shriveled up cucumber and a bag of wilted lettuce.  Also a dozen eggs were pressed on me, although, I never eat eggs and only needed a couple for some Salmon patties.  I will give the rest to Pearl.

I shouldn't have posted on FB that I was feeling depressed.  The comment, while loving and kind, don't help much.  I was advised to "get out".  Get in the car--drive to the mall--find a sale and buy something for myself.  Bake something you like--the house will smell so good.

I CAN'T get out and drive the car anywhere.  I have $40.00 a month for gas for the car--that is not conducive for just driving around willy nilly.  I might want to drive up and visit my sister, so I have to conserve.

I would like to bake something I like.  I have apples so I could make half a recipe for my favorite Raw Apple Cake--unfortunately, I am out of brown sugar and only have 2 cups of sugar.

I WILL get $18.00 in food assistance on the 21st.  That will buy me milk and something else.  I won't get my favorite little cake this time.
============================
They took away the steps by the back door today--things are looking better.



Neighbor Tami has also cleaned up her yard--which gives me a much better view.

============================
It's been a very depressed day--can you tell?




10 comments:

  1. I wish you lived near by me. Sometimes just sitting down with a friend helps.Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one good thing you can say about depressing days is it WILL get better. Advice to go shopping? Really? All that would do is make me more depressed when I got home and saw that I bought things I didn't need. Driving around wouldn't do it for me either. Calling someone I haven't talked to in a long time does help me when I'm down, though. I once posted on Facebook that I was depressed and I got the nicest private note from cousin about how much she cared about me and hoped I was feeling better soon....no useless suggestions on how to do that, she just wanted me to know I was in her prayers. Classy! So here it goes....Judy, I care about you and hope you are feeling better soon. Sending healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture was beautiful. I like the way you got in and cleaned out your flower beds. Mine need to be done and if you can do it then I should be able to do something. You inspire me.
    I sometimes let my hair go two or three months before I get it cut. I change my hair style to suit its length. It saves money.
    I wish things were easier for you. I am glad you have some food to tide you over for next month.
    Enjoy your girlfriends. They may make you laugh and forget your troubles. Maybe you can share rides and save some money.
    Too bad you don't like deviled eggs.
    You always look so nice and your little home is lovely. You have a gift with flowers.
    You do well well on what you have.
    Maybe someone will come along and treat you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy - email me your address, I have a little something-something I want to send you.

    That picture is just beautiful. Our trees here in Central Indiana are just beginning to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I got is that you will have what you need when you need it - ask my son about out-of-state tuition - payment plans work wonders - getting what you need - exactly when you need it, and not a moment sooner.
    Keep moving forward. Michigan State basketball will start soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone above said, "things do get better" and I have been there many times. I am in the same place right now, even with all my blessings, because I cannot seem to recover from a respiratory illness. Very frustrating but I am trying to be patient.
    Baking something often makes me feel better but, your are right, baking costs money for the ingredients. May the clouds and obstacles breakaway soon and sunshine light your days once more. I'd like your mailing address, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. Time difficult in the past for me and still in many ways
    that I do not write about.
    You have wonderful children and a sister near by
    hopefully they will help you.
    Do they know what a difficult time you are having ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, I'm so sorry you're feeling bad, and that you find yourself in this situation through no fault of your own. I know - from reading you for a couple of years - that you are proud and never, ever would want to be in this place at this time of your life. You're in my thoughts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog. this posting we do, is a lifesaver. Just to cry out = it really is bad sometimes!! I love ya, and I care that it's so darn hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an extremely tight budget indeed :( :(

    ReplyDelete