title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, October 17, 2014

More Good Than Bad Today....................

...of which I am truly thankful.
**********************

A friend of mine just got back from a cruise and this was sent to him yesterday--Mexico wouldn't even let the ship dock, so they had to turn around and head back to Galveston!  I hope everyone on the ship gets a free cruise out of this!

Good morning everyone from my hotel room here at the Marriotthyattcontinental. Some of you may have seen a news report that I wanted to make sure I responded to as quickly as possible. Here then is Carnival's reply to that report;
Late afternoon on Wednesday, Oct. 15., we were made aware by the U.S. CDC of a guest sailing this week on board Carnival Magic who is a lab supervisor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. At no point in time has the individual exhibited any symptoms or signs of infection and it has been 19 days since she was in the lab with the testing samples. She is deemed by CDC to be very low risk. At this time, the guest remains in isolation on board the ship and is not deemed to be a risk to any guests or crew. It is important to reiterate that the individual has no symptoms and has been isolated in an extreme abundance of caution. We are in close contact with the CDC and at this time it has been determined that the appropriate course of action is to simply keep the guest in isolation on board.
Cheers
================================

I ran up to the doctor's office and got my flu shot this morning.  Michelle, who does ALL my blood draws and shots is a wonder.  For the blood draws, she uses a small butterfly needle and I never have a mark.  Today, I didn't even feel the shot--and I am quite a needle phobic.

I said, "You are so good at the whole needle thing!"

"Yeah, I know.  I'm the best in town.  I'm the best around." she sang.

"I'll let you know for sure...tomorrow...if I wake up and my arm aches!"  hah.
===============================

MAY & JUNE:




















NOW:

Everything cut back, pulled out, cleaned up and put to bed.
Makes me sad.
We have a cold front coming in and rain.  Much cooler temps from now on...so...I'm ready.  Soon snow will cover all my gardens--steps AND porch.  Oh--I can hardly wait!  <not>
=======================
I have fallen in love.  He's 6'6" and he knows what he's doing.  He arrived in this vehicle to save my sanity.


I have been having problems with my Internet since July 9th.  Then, end of September, my phone went out.  A tech came and said he fixed it.  I was charged $60.00 for a service call--even though it was OUTSIDE and we don't have to pay for outside problems--the problem was with MY phone lines, AT&T and that was my problem to pay for.

The next day, I lost most of my TV channels.  So I called and another appointment was scheduled.  The tech arrived today and checked everything out.  He told me that there were "many small problems" with the outside cables AND that the first tech should have found and fixed them, BUT his work order only called for him to fix the phone, that's all he was required to do!

Well--this guy today--didn't seem to worry about what he work order only said, he fixed everything!!  He took out and put in all NEW cables from the outside box to my home!  He replaced the cable from the outside to my Internet connection into my home!  He gave me a new modem!  He gave me a new remote!!  It's like I have all new hook-up and components!

No cost to me and he "suggested" I call customer service and see if I could get a credit of some sort.  So--I did AND I did!

<I hugged him!!!  Gosh--it was nice to get a hug from a big, tall, strong person!>

My bill this month was for $180.00--with the service charge.  After all my entitled credits (in my opinion) my bill is now $144.00...usually I pay $120.00 a month, for my bundle.  I told them I would have to pay the extra over the next couple of months and they said that was "okay."

So, I will pay them 131.00 this month and 131.00 next month, which means...I will have enough money left on my debit card to take Alex out for his birthday supper on Tuesday!!!

That is what bummed me out so much earlier this week.  If I had to pay the extra, I would only have had $5.00 left in my checking account--not enough for Alex' supper.  

I will now have $28.24 and after his supper, I may still have $20.00 to last until November 3rd--when it will be time to take Andrew out for HIS birthday supper.  I get my SS on the 3rd, and I will take him out after that and then--worry about the rest of the month later.

I hope I don't have to buy any food the rest of this month, LOL.

I truly am in sad shape aren't I.?   It's so pitiful that it's almost laughable! :-)
=============================




9 comments:

  1. I am really ticked off that that nurse in Texas was given permission to fly home when she was running a low-grade temperature. What is wrong with all of them!---the nurse, the person who give her permission and those where she works who didn't make her wait out the few days it would take to make sure she doesn't get sick.

    What a great cable guy! Some of them are much better than others, aren't they. I think some of them give old people the 'grandma' service they'd give their own kin.

    Your budget would bum out anyone. I hope things start looking better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy a prepaid card from AT&T - $50 for 500 minutes that will last a year that rollover.
    Aerial for TV was $130 and I get great reception and about 25 stations - but rarely watch - so no monthly fee. Also from Verizon I use an aircard - bill $50 a month.
    Just comparing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did hear from john, poor carnival is spending a FORTUNE because of this woman that was too selfish to stay home! everyone gets a 50% off cruise, $200 and a bunch of free stuff on board. BUT carnival will always put their passengers first. ALWAYS. that's why i love them so much. well that and i have so much fun!

    hugs, bee
    xoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you. Maybe something more will come along to help get through the rest of the month and into November. I need to get my yard cleaned up and ready for winter. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe combine the two birthdays....have them over for a nice supper with a big pot of chili or homemade pizza. Play cards or board games. Rent a movie....something the kids like. Shake it up....do something different and more in your budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the cable guy was nice to you, you surely deserved it.

    You get your SS on the 3rd every month? I get mine the 3rd Weds and sometimes that means it has to last five weeks instead of four. I pray for you Judy that something will change in your financial situation.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The angels - you never know where they'll show up. You are so due for one - I'm glad he showed up and you got to hug him, too!

    Another year, for the garden. I know the routine. I'm in the middle of it putting mine to bed. With the bulbs you planted, next spring will be explosive in your yard.

    I wonder, Judy. what you have up your sleeve for this winter. I'm a go with the flow kind of person, but I'm sort of thinking of changing things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always sad to put the gardens to bed for the winter. You're flowers were so pretty this year. I loved your zinnia bed.

    Isn't it nice to get a good service guy.... you know how I loved Kevin, my washing/dryer/ refrigerator guy. What a nice kid, but he got promoted and never comes to see us any more. I miss him. :(

    I know you're doing the best you possibly can financially. I'm sure it's depressing for you, Judy, and I'm sure it causes anxiety and worry, too. It's a very tough situation. I have an aunt who is going through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you were finally able to get your cable fixed! It's such a nuisance!

    ReplyDelete