title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, March 21, 2014

First Full Day of Spring

Today's high temperature was: 44 degrees
Sunny all day
============================
It is the first full day of spring, but...nothing looks different outside--except the snow is all dirty looking and the grass that is appearing is a sort of Olive Drab in color.  YUCK!!

Jean and T-Shirt--I never even noticed his ties and I wouldn't know the difference between a tie from Wal-Mart and a whatever tie Jean named.  Sorry--I was just staring at his gorgeous face and listening to his voice.  <sigh>

================
Louise!!!  Welcome to this weird world of mine.  I am so glad you are here!  Just one requirement, you have to tell me where you are from.  I have that thingie along the right side that tells me where a reader is from and it drive me absolutely nutsy cuckoo when I see the city, but don't know who it is.  Please?  I have a reader from Portland, OR and I don't know who it is.  My grand daughter lives in Portland, so---that has my curiosity up.
===============================
I woke up this morning feeling like I had been dragged through a knot-hole backwards!!  I could not get to sleep last night.  It was either the excitement of being with humans yesterday, or the excitement from watching Michigan State and University of Michigan win their basketball games.  Could have been a combination of both?

I woke up at 6:00 to go potty.  The cats were dancing around with their meow-meows, thinking it was time for their breakfast and I said, "Not yet", and fell back into bed.  Later, I left a little nibble on my arm and a wet nose on my cheek.  I peeked at the clock and it was 9:30 and the cats were trying to wake me up.  Yikes!  I felt like I had a hangover--I think.  I have never drank, let alone get drunk, so I don't really know what a hang-over would feel like, but...my head felt huge and foggy and I sort of staggered out to the kitchen.  By noon, I appeared to be aware of my surroundings--I knew what day it was--and all my parts were working.
=========================



I had to go outside and check and get the camera down at ground level, but...here comes my spring bulbs, which gives me new hope!!!

Later--I am so high right now!!!  I just got home from going to the Brighton High School Musical production of "Grease".  Karen stopped by and picked me up.  The talent in these kids just stuns me!!  It was like a very professional Broadway production.  Of course, I love the music and I got to see Drew and Matthew afterwards and I checked out their hair.  They had it slicked back in a D.A. with a nice pompadour in the front--just like some of the boys wore back in 1958.  I had already told them that they were living in my high school era while they performed, and tonight Matt said, "Grammie--was it like that when you were in high school?"

I said, "The music was, but Honey--if we had smoked and drank and acted like those kids you portrayed--we all would have been expelled!"

In my little school, we only had a couple of boys who wore their hair in a D.A. and wore leather jackets--their packs of cigarettes rolled up in their T-shirt sleeves.  None of us had anything to do with those "hoods" as we called them.  Most of the boys wore Khaki pants--the ones with the belt loop in the back or blue jeans.  Us girls all wore the long shirts, down to our ankles, with the crinoline half slips underneath, and our ankle socks folded down and either Penny Loafers or Saddle Shoes.    NONE of us had pierced ears--none of us except the "trampy" girls who dated the "hoods".  We girls were not allowed to wear blue jeans, but every Friday we could wear dress slacks.  We were sweet, innocent, TOTALLY naive, virginal Methodist of Baptist small town or farm kids.  Actually, it was a lovely time to grow up--in the '50's.

I said to Karen--"Can you even imagine the boys in your class or...your Dad singing and dancing in a show like this?  Not only did they not have the talent, but they would have been afraid their other friends would have teased them unmercifully.  And...they would have!!"  It's real nice that nowadays, kids in band and chorus, ones with good grades, seem to be the popular ones--even more so than the nowadays jocks.

So--I am exhausted from tapping my feet and dancing around in my seat and jumping up with standing ovations and talking to all the kids.  But--sleep will not come easily--I am so HYPED!!!

I've got basketball games to watch tomorrow.  There will be more yelling and clapping and no doubt, a bit of jumping up and down, so I need my rest!!!

Later--Jude

3 comments:

  1. What a fun production to see at your old high school! We we were not allowed to wear dress slacks on Fridays like you but all the other stuff you wrote about was true of our school, too, when I was growing up. If it was really cool we could wear pants under our dresses, though, but as soon as we got to school they had to come off.

    I just had to tease you about those ties. They are trending on Twitter as they say. It must be love if you've never noticed them. I wish I could get my hormones up enough to get as excited about a guy like you are about your crush. Robert Redford used to do it for me but he isn't aging all that will. Or may he's just showing his age and I wanted him to stay 50 of ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have seen that last night. Grease is one of my favorites, and I actually got to see it on off Broadway. Wonderful.

    Have a good weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movie Grease but I've never seen it in theater, but I'd love to. What a treat. We were never allowed to wear pants at school, and I graduated in 1968.

    ReplyDelete