title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cougar

Today's high temperature was:  47
Rainy all day--at least it isn't snow
===============================


I've got a crush on you, sweetie pie
All the day and night-time hear me sigh
I never had the least notion that
I could fall with so much emotion

Could you coo, could you care
For a cunning cottage we could share
The world will pardon my mush
Cause I've got a crush, Oh Baby, on you
================================
Yes-I am a cougar.  In the years since my divorce, I have always dated men younger than me.  I didn't go looking for them by age, it just happened that way.  Men age much quicker than women, so it seems only natural and right to be with someone younger.  A lot of those guys looked and acted older than me.  Their friends assumed I was their age.  Too much fun.
=========================
So today, it was grey and dreary--rainy all day--still is--so it was a perfect day to stay inside.  Since I had just cleaned house Monday, I worked on my friends book.  We are doing a new lay-out so she can self-publish it.

The page templates I downloaded from a publishing site, worked just great for the story and pictures.  Then, I downloaded the template for the cover and it didn't work.  I tried it several times and I could not copy and paste the cover art onto the template.  So--I e-mailed the publishing company and was told I had to have Photo Shop to work with their template.

I do not have Photo Shop and am not in the mood to buy the download, so I e-mailed back.  Got their reply and they said I could use Word (like I did with the page template) and just use the dimensions on their template.

It took a while, but I managed to build a page that shows back and front cover and fits their dimensions.  AHA!!!
==========================

When I got done with that, I printed out my bank statement for the last month--required by the DHS people.  I wanted to wait as long as I could for all my checks I wrote last week, to show up.  I have a checking account balance of $78.00.  Then I made sure I had all the proofs they required, put everything back in their postage paid envelope and stuck it in the mail box.  I know, it is probably crazy, but...I laid my hands on the envelope and said, "Dear God, please let them help me."    Hey--I've laid hands on a friend as prayed for a healing and it worked, so...who's to say...it might work on DHS?

=========================
I saw on the news tonight that President Obama filled out his NCAA Basketball Tournament bracket and he picked Michigan State to win it all.  It sort of took me aback that he would be rooting for MY Spartans, and then it occurred to me---he knows a lot about basketball--colleges win records--things like that, and that's why he picked them.  Personally,I don't think he knows a lot about being the leader of our country, but, if we win, the kids will probably get to go to the White House and then he can say, "You were my bracket number one pick."  and everyone will smile and clap and it will be a great photo op.  

Meanwhile, while most of the world regards him as a weak leader--we are headed back into a Cold War with Russia.  I thought we were over that back in 1989--when they "tore down the wall"--apparently not.  

The Ruskies didn't mess with Kennedy or Reagan--they laugh at Obama.
====================
Toyota got blasted today with a big government fine and GM is next on the schedule.  Those big companies are much like the government--one hand has no idea what the other hand is doing.  I worked for GM and my ex worked for Chevrolet in particular.  We always drove a Chevy--good substantial cars.  I worked for Buick and they were even better.  All I have to say, I'm glad I am not living on dividends from GM stock or wanting to sell my shares because--they are in BIG TROUBLE!!
===================
Tomorrow I go to Fenton (nearby) for the Old Gal Pals luncheon.  Bethie and I haven't gone to the last two because we found them more tiresome than fun. The rest of the group decided to drive down this way and have lunch closer so it was easier for us to attend.  ARGGH!!  What can you do?  We gotta go, but it will be okay.  It's been a couple of months and it will be fun.  <she said with hope in her heart>

You know how Dar hates the cold weather and also, you know she HAS to have her newspaper or her day is ruined?  This morning I happened to glance out the front windows in here and there she was--in her short robe, in the rain, 27 degrees, no coat, no umbrella, getting her newspaper.  She is so weird!

Gosh--I sound like a snotty witch!!!




3 comments:

  1. We had rain today too...it was damp and dreary and downright nasty but a lot better than that other stuff. We are in for warmer weather and then next week back to the same old crap.

    I don't know that man you have pictures of but he is sort of cute.

    I have always driven Fords and I know they aren't in any kind of trouble. They didn't need any bailouts either when others did.

    Don't get me started on that thing they call a president...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand what the Republicans want the U.S. to do about Russia. We really don't need another boots on ground war and if we talk tough about threatening one, we'd better be prepared to back up those kinds of threats. We're not the center of the universe, Let the people in Europe deal with Putin with Nato's help. They have the most to loss from Russian aggression.

    Have fun with your crush. I love your poem but I don't like his tan. He either golfs too much or spends time in a tanning booth. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Greg Feith on Morning Joe this morning, and I thought about you. He's very knowledgeable about his topic and doesn't conjecture about wild theories. What a story this has been. I hope they get some answers soon for the families. So sad.

    ReplyDelete