title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, November 25, 2013

What Day Is It?

Today's high temperature was:  23
Windy
=============================

The fourth full day I have not moved from this house.  I am almost sick of my own company.

My back and hip are feeling much better, so tomorrow, I will go out to get my hair cut, and to forage for food.


My cupboards are as bare as my refrigerator.  I have 4 cans of corn--I had one for supper and a protein drink.  My freezer is filled with bags of Christmas spaghetti sauce--perhaps I should open one so I have something to eat.  I have $3.20 left on the Subway Gift Card Melissa gave me, so that will probably be my supper tomorrow night.  Then Thanksgiving on Thursday, so I think I will make it through the rest of November.

This seems like it has been a difficult month, money wise.  I don't know why.    I have $30.00 left for food.  My car is filled up though, so that is good.  I have 40.00 in the checking account--half of that will go for the hair cut.

I get my Social Security check on the 3rd of every month--THANK GOODNESS!!!!!

Maybe I will win something through Publisher's Clearing House contest on the 27th?   LOL.  
===========================
I am worried about my friends on the East Coast--nasty weather headed your way and Judy F. in Pennsylvania--you are going to get too much snow.  Jean, over on the west side of the state, lake effect snow may pile up on you too.  I always watch the Weather Channel so I know what kind of weather you all are getting.  It gives me something REAL to worry about.

Please, all of you be careful!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. We got snow over here---only a few inches---but it was enough to cause a lot of slide offs and accidents and a major traffic jam on the expressway. The first snow fall of the year is always that way. I'm just glad we're supposed to have decent weather on Black Friday and Saturday when I have to go north to move out of my antique mall booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care
    and I do not like any food out anymore
    but about once a month stop when doing errrands.
    Can cook the simplest, healthy and so much less expensive.
    Up in the middle of the night
    checking snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better. This weather is really something. I'm so glad my loved ones (and me) don't have to travel for the holiday, but I feel for all those people who do have to get out in the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. Take care and keep healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read that you are feeling better. I think food bills are steadily rising at the moment. It's just a little extra on each essential item but it soon mounts up. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you have relief from the pain. You probably know it already, but we're bracing for a big storm tonight through tomorrow. Just hoping our family that is flying in to Boston will arrive without too many delays/issues.
    Hoping you had a fun shopping trip today! I applaud your resourcefulness on getting through the lean days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say it better than Cape Cod Kitty. I applaud your resourcefulness.

    So glad to hear that your pain is better. Hope it continues.

    It's been raining all day here and we're expecting tons of rain tomorrow and some stiff winds.

    ReplyDelete