title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tentatively Peeking Out At The World

Today's high temperature was:  46 degrees
Partly sunny--quite breezy
Frost on the rooftops every morning now.
===========================================
Breakfast every morning since I was 15.

Note--I even have the bunny spoon I use.
Put cup with milk in microwave, push 1 2 3, hit go--perfect temperature
Sometimes a dollop of marshmallow creme on top--as I had this morning.

As Farfel would say, 
"N E S T L E S--Nestle's makes the very best
Chook-lit!"
(then he snap his jaws shut.)

==================================================
I am experiencing a new thing in my life--procrastination.  I hope it is a fleeting issue.

I think about something that needs doing, like dusting, vacuuming, going to the store--and think, "I don't feel like it.  I will do it tomorrow."  Then tomorrow arrives, and the same feeling. 

I did not go to church on Sunday--did not go anywhere on Saturday.  Only went out for two hours with Andrew on Monday evening and that seemed like a real effort--until I did it.  A call--prescriptions waiting for me at Wal-Mart--last Friday!  Another call on Monday to remind me.  I decided to go Tuesday--but didn't.  Another call to remind me.

Yesterday was a perfect day for a nap.  It was dark, very windy and raining all day long.  At 2:00, I kicked my recliner back to get a nap--then said "NO!"  Put my shoes on, found my old raincoat and jumped into the car.

Up to Wal-Mart and saw that the summer long construction on the intersection is all done!!!  Beautiful!  Got the prescriptions and took my bottles back.  The store seemed a bit cleaner and didn't smell--too bad.

Back in the car, across the highway to the Meijer's store.  Went in on the Pharmacy end and walked clear to the back, looking at things along the way--picking up some photo paper, suet blocks for the birds and back to the Soda Pop area where Pepsi products were 10 for 10 with the 11th one free.  Loaded up.  Back out to the car.  It was raining like mad, the wind blew my hair straight up on top of my head.  Rain falling down my neck as I struggled to the car and then blowing in my face as I loaded up my trunk.

Home and backed in close to the porch so I could unload.  Pearl called, "Are you nuts?  Going out in this kind of weather?"

"Oh well...I needed something to get me out of the house."

.....and...I felt better last night.
==========================================
Had terrible nightmares during the night.  I woke up kicking and swinging my arms and yelling.  Fighting with ghosts, I suppose.  Sub-conscious anger coming out at the step-mother?  Weird, because in my "normal" state, I am not a confronter/arguer/fighter.  Suppressed rage will come out--one way or another.

Woke up again at 8:00--Buddy was patting my face and nudging my shoulder--touching my chin with his wet, cold nose. 

Dar came over a couple hours later.  She's a mess--probably not any worse then me.  She got in trouble at work for telling the young manager he didn't know what he was doing.  She got in trouble at church for confronting the young woman who testified that Dar was seen abusing her grandchildren.  Apparently the Pastor told Dar that "church is not the place to be berating another person."  She's gained almost twenty pounds and is angry about that.  She wants to sell her place and move to North Carolina (oh, please do.)  Her neighbor's dog acted like he was going to bite her because he came to the steps when she was sweeping them and she hit him with the broom.  She bought a real expensive garbage can (I told her to buy a cheap one because they get so abused by the garbage men) and the first week, they put the garbage can upside down on the ground and bent the attached cover.  She will report them to the office.  

I don't remember--there was more with pacing up and down my living room and flinging her arms around during her rant.  Then--she was done--and off she went.
========================================== 

I don't seem to have much of interest to say lately.  I will sign off now and talk tomorrow.--Jude

6 comments:

  1. I find it fascinating that I, too, punch 1 2 3 when I heat up milk in the microwave. To the best of my knowledge I've never seen directions for timing liquids like that.

    Hope you get out of your funk soon. It could just be seasonal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epitome of procrastination: One of my cats was supposed to have an appointment made in mid-July. I kept putting it off and I finally called today. Vet's office was closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess your beautiful summer is truly gone. It was nice while it lasted. Poor Dar. She is a mess. Hope you get your groove back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the breakfast pic. I'm going to pick some up for the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this post, Judy....it is real life, and I bet many will identify. Many, many times, I have been about to kick back in my chair to close my eyes, and suddenly, I hit the floor and start addressing things about which I have been procrastinating. As with you, I feel energized and much better when they are done. Often those periods of time come in phases for me. Right now I am in a "get everything off my list" phase and have accomplished so much, but I am prepared for the fact that it is temporary....LOL. I'll be spending the weekend lolling about with Ms G and LM. He is a master of procrastination. He loves creating his own emergencies and I think he likes that sport better than fishing....that's going some, huh?
    Dar's visits are really classic.
    I love that Buddy patted your face til you got up....Sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Kitty says your blog is real life. By getting out to Walmart and Meijer's you listened to your body. Your body knew what it needed and you felt better.Sometimes just a change of scene can do it for us. Just think of all the hours we spend and many others too... in our homes. No wonder many get bored and down. Just a short walk can change our moods.
    A brisk little walk and then a cup of Nestle's sounds good to me right now.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete