title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weird Weekend

HOT AND HUMID AND HOTTER AND MORE HUMID!!

I don't understand Labor Day at all!  It's not like Memorial Day or July Fourth--it's......what is it?  

Okay--it's a Federal Holiday, so people in the government and banks and attorneys and people like that don't work.  I don't even think of them as laborers.  

Started in 1894--after murderous strikes and workers being killed and all.  Then our labor unions took it and ran with it.  A day off for the factory workers.  Except--every factory worker I ever knew worked on Labor Day to get time and a half pay!  And, you gotta work the day before and the day after to get that Holiday pay.

Farmers sure don't get the day off.  Employees at stores and restaurants, don't get the day off.  People in health care, don't get the day.  Who the heck gets the day off?  AHA--the salaried people.

The Big Wigs at GM, and Chrysler and Ford.  The Government workers.  The lawyers.  The Bankers.

No laborer gets the day off.  I guess it's too celebrate the end of summer?  Yet, summer doesn't end until September 21st.  Weirdest Holiday I ever heard of!
=======================
You want to hear something else even weirder?  I had a dream that I was with President Obama!  A sex dream!  He never even took his clothes off and afterwards, he smiled, got up and walked out to give a press conference.  I watched him on TV, while I was getting myself put back together.

Now what does all that mean?
==========================
I haven't spoken to another living soul in three days!!!  It was so quiet, when I woke up Sunday morning, not even any noise from the expressway a mile away.  No one mowing their lawn.  No yapping dogs.

I just lay in bed--trying to hear something--nothing.  Total quietness.  I pondered for a moment if the Rapture had occurred and I was Left Behind.  I HAD to get up and look outside to see if I could see anyone! 

Jackie was gone.  Dar was gone.  No cars at the new neighbors.  Even the Vampires had flown off somewhere.  Creepy. (around noon the Vampires returned with the female doing her normal screeching--all back to normal.)
===========================
I did a lot of crying yesterday.  Not yowling, sobbing crying, just tears flowing at different times of the day.  I am so lonely for a hug.  Not just any hug.  I want a real man kind of hug.  One that is nice and strong and lasts for a few minutes.  

I still think there needs to be a business where you could "hire" people for things that you need.  A handy man to trim the hedges or drain the hot water heater.  A guy who would come out and watch the ballgame with me and whoop and holler when our team scored.  A nice lady who would come out and paint my toenails and fingernails for me, because I can't with my shaky hand.  A young kid you could call, who would come out and play a few games of Backgammon or play his guitar while you sang along.  A guy you could call when you need a big, strong hug.  

So many things we lonely widows need.  Women who are living alone because they are divorced, don't seem to need the emotional things that widows do.  I really miss the companionship of a man.  I don't want all the other stuff that goes along with it.  I don't want someone to sleep with.  I certainly don't want sex.  I don't want a man living here all the time.  I just want an "occasional" man--with his smile and his deep voice and his nice strong hug...and perhaps a kiss or two.  <sigh>
=========================
I posted on Face Book that I could see the new neighbor's TV from my front windows and that didn't even watch the Tiger baseball game.

Now, people are accusing me of being a Peeping Tom.  This is not so!  When I look out my front window, this is what I see.


It's not my fault they don't close their shades!
==========================





  

14 comments:

  1. Seems like the whole world was snoozing this weekend - No traffic, no lawn machinery, just a smattering of people in restaurants, shops. It's one thing for someone to choose solitude; it's another to feel left out.

    You certainly captured Obama's detached nature in your dream. LOL! Personally, I like this in a leader, but in a lover? Sounds like you were just servicing him! It is really sad that we have so little warm human touch when we need it. Girlfriends are fine, BUT it'd be weird to cuddle with a woman on a couch watching TV. I guess women of a certain age are supposed to replace male cuddling with cuddling with sweet children or cute pets. ARGH! Well, >>>hug<<< from afar, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh you had me laughing with your sex dream with Obama. I never dream of sex with famous people, just Don.

    You've never been to a Labor Day parade? We have them here but I agree, it's just another holiday for office workers, mostly, and smaller job shops. Neighborhoods sure get quiet but around the lakes it gets really busy. Used to love the holiday as a time to go along Lake Michigan or to parties at my family's cottage. Now, it's just boring. But vacation time is good for those who get it. Even work loads at hospitals cut down because only emergency surgeries take place. Same with nursing homes, they have trouble getting workers to come in.

    I suppose if we had enough money we could hire a hugger and the other things you mentioned but would it be the same as getting hugs, visits, etc. out of the goodness of their hearts? On TV there was a sit-com where the daughter hired a dog walker to walk her father only he didn't know she was getting paid at first. LOL Boy, did he get mad when he found out, but he kept going. Maybe we could start a campaign to get bear hugs for seniors.

    Hope your spirits come up soon and your tears dry. Been there done that over the 4th of July so I know what you're going thought. Hang in there! Cyber hug coming your way....



    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny about your dream! You must really be hankering for a hug if it drove you to have a sex dream about Obama!

    I had a friend who once wrote a short story about a man who nursed his wife until her death and then HE was lonely so he started a service, much like you speak of, to offer companionship to women who had lost their spouses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy have I told you how I found your blog? A few years ago I was sitting in ICU with my husband who had a heart attack. I was trying to find out information about heart attacks and was very upset. I googled several questions and your blog came up. Your Fred was just home from the hospital. You kept me company when I was sitting in a hospital all alone. See we are never alone! Thank you. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi honey, i certainly understand about wanting the hug. that's why i love that dentist of mine so much, i always get a big hug from him. nothing more, just the hug. i don't want marriage, live in, none of that but i get so lonely too i could scream. i fill the days but the nights drag out to infinity sometimes. here's a virtual hug from me...

    bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, about the President. How was it? :)

    I would paint your nails for you if I could.

    I'm sorry you're lonely.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing how I feel about that man--it certainly was weird. Maybe it was because I feel I am getting "screwed" by him?

      Delete
  7. A sex dream about Obama? That's just wrong! So you should get your neighbors number across the street so if you don't like what they're watching, you could call and ask them to change the channel! Hey, we were in Brighton on Saturday, just taking a drive. We ate at the Big Boy on Grand River. (not so great) I thought about you! If I had known where you lived we would have stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have gone to Red Robin or even Lil' Chef. I live about 2 miles from where you were. Straight west on Grand River, to Sylvan Glen, which is on the left, straight back to Lakeview and turn right. Down to next to last place on the right. You probably would have recognized my place by all the pictures. If you get out here again, please do stop in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, you made me laugh... I'm talking belly laugh... and cry, too. What a post.

    My brother has a very large television and you can see it all the way down his very long drive way. I told him if he watched port, he'd have all the men in the neighborhood watching from the street.

    Your Obama dream is hilarious. I have no idea where to begin with the analysis. I just laughed till I cried.

    I think a lot of people our age are lonely and would enjoy a hug. You wrote about it so eloquently, Judy.

    You have a very good point about Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete