title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 5, 2014

Freakish Friday

Today's high temperature was: 92
Heat Index: 100
Humidity: 78%
=============================

I was just out of the shower when I heard a knocking at my door:  Monkey #3. Dar

Did you come over to check on me?  NO, of course not.  She came busting in the door yakking a mile a minute about her nephew's wedding next Saturday.

"You know how wealthy my family is?  Well--this wedding is going to be way over the top!  It is an all day affair, starting at about ten in the morning and going on until ten the next morning.  We have an entire floor at the Renaissance Hotel in Novi--a whole floor!"

and...I don't remember much of the rest.  I even forgot that I was suppose to remind her that she told me to remind her not to boast.  LOL
==============================
I had to run into Brighton to get a colored ink-jet cartridge.  It was so hot, the car A/C couldn't keep it very cool.  At home the A/C was coming on every 20 minutes.  The hottest day we have had all summer--which is kind of unusual--we usually have a few 90 degree days.  I stopped at Subway on the way home, to get supper.  Thank you, Melissa.

I had the letter I had written about Tami's pile of junk and as I came back in the park, I saw Rob up by the office.  I pulled in the drive and motioned him over.  Explained to him what the envelope contained.

"I hate to complain, Rob, but this has been going on for almost five years and this last summer, that pile just gets bigger and taller each week."

"Don't worry.  I'll take care of it."

"You won't have to involve me, will you.  I'm kind of scared of her."

"You mean, Tami?"

"Ya."

"She is crazy, that's for sure.  Don't worry, I'll take care of this and...thanks for letting us know.  We address these kinds of issues because we want to keep our park neat looking.  We don't want it to become a "trailer park!"

"I agree."

When I got home, I backed the car in and walked across the street to get my mail.  Jackie was coming out of her house.  She had on a tank-top and no bra!  I was kind of shocked--that's not like Jackie.  Then I saw Pearl up at her mail box.  She had on a T-shirt, and no bra.  As I turned to walk back across the street, the new neighbor, Marilyn, came out.  She had on a T-top also and...no bra!  

What's up with all these old women and no bras?  Sure it's hot, but all of them have the A/C on in their homes.  I think they look down and don't realize what they look like when they are walking toward you and you are viewing their front.  I suppose it's all right here, in our little neighborhood, but Marilyn had just gotten back from picking her grandson up at school!  She was out in public!!  

I don't care what size an old woman's bra size is---at 70+, those puppies are no longer perky!  Heck--they aren't even slightly sagging.  Those puppies are long, wide, pendulous and their noses are pointing straight due south!!!

I came back in and had to wash out my eyes!!!
=======================
We had severe thunderstorm warnings come on around four.  I checked the radar map for my area on my computer.  It looked bad, but I noticed that it also looked like the storm was going to avoid me.  Sure enough, when it came it brought bad wind gusts, but no lightning, thunder or rain!  Part of the storm split and went south, the other part split and went off north of me.

A couple hours later, when the cold front came in, we did get a lot of heavy rain, but still no thunder or lightning.  I have heard that down near Detroit, they have 120,000 without power, trees down and flooding.

I got lucky again :-)

===========================
Tomorrow promises the humidity moving on outta here and windows and doors will be open in relief!  I got a football game tomorrow--not until evening.  MSU is playing the Oregon Ducks.  They are a great team, but after all we WON THE ROSE BOWL, so maybe we can take them this year.

I have to change my purse from white to black and put away my white pants and shorts.  Yes, I know!  That is an old custom that doesn't apply anymore, but...........it does to me.  No white pants, purse or shoes after Labor Day.  I couldn't wear them if I had too!  My Grandma and Mother would "Tsk" so loudly I would hear them clear from Heaven, LOL.

Have a great weekend.  I hope the weather is nice for all of you.  

9 comments:

  1. This just cracked me up. If I am in jammies or nightgown I always have a shirt nearby to quickly put on over it like a robe if one of the kids comes by late or early. But I would have done that at any age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even get to wear my whites and I have to put the away already. Bummer! I heard a fashion guy on TV last week say that rule is no longer in effect but for those of use in northern climates I think it still always will be so.

    I have one of those new style bras that is suppose to fit a range of sizes that I wear around the house. It keeps the puppies in place without cutting in but it doesn't raise them up. I would never wear that or go bra-less in public, even to the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not believe how hot and humid it was yesterday! We had some storms last night but luckily we didn't have any damage or lose our power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I hear ya - not perky here either. Actually, they never have been! :)

    Send the rain here. I'm tired of the teasing we're getting from the weather people.

    Enjoy your weekend also, Judy.

    Oh, and is that the wedding that Dar bought that dress for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough storm. I got caught in it, in downtown Chicago. Today is our reward. - gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend, too.

    Three old gals doing the pendulum swing. Thanks for the image LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had to wash out your eyes............haaaaaaaaaaaa!!! too funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just heard about your weather on the evening news. Glad your safe. It was 97 here yesterday and in the 60's today. I'm freezing! Ha. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hilarious, Judy. I can't tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I hope you never stop writing. Those women need to look at themselves in a mirror. I could never leave the house without a bra.

    We've had a lot of rain recently and the temps are getting mild. I love it and I'm looking forward to some crisp mornings.

    Had to wash out your eyes! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete