title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yawn


Quite a boring weekend and rainy and grey and stormy and high winds.  GEEZ!!  One of those chilly, grey days that cries NAP, but I didn't.

I did get a few things done.  Little Evan's 3rd birthday is next Sunday, so I made him a card.










He's still in love with anything Elmo.  I even put a little Elmo on the bottom left corner of the envelope.
======================

Then I drove to Walgreen's in Brighton and although they told me, they can only do 35mm slides-to-print, when I told the guy why I had to have my 126 slide printed, he said he'd try and after 45 minutes--this was the result.  Perfect!!  Picture of my parent's home in 1966.  He made me 3 prints and only charged me for one--$0.52.  Amazing.


I came home and watched the finish of the MSU football game in which they set a record by, playing 75 different kids in the game and winning 73-12.

Then, I got into Shutterfly and put my son Mark's farm collage together.  He lives on the farm where I was born and raised.



 I do not remember that ice house 
next to the back door


Can you see my play pen on the
right? 











This aerial view shows the new Blue Harvestor Silo's
and a new garage/tool house on the left lower 

 =======================
We had a terrific wind storm during the night, with hard rain--it woke me up.  This morning, I heard there was an EF1 tornado touch-down about 15 miles east of me.  

I had just gotten back in bed and half asleep when I hear a loud THUD!  Something had fallen.  So, I got up again and walked through the house.

Remember this pretty bouquet?




This is what I found. 
I took a picture this morning.
Either we had an earthquake or a very
naughty cat, who's initials are
MAGGIE!


Then I took a look outside.  A lot of branches down and this.  My Purple Hyacinth Bean plant got blown over.


I noticed something else, when I came back inside.  What's that in the top of that tree, way over there?  Is it Elmo in that tree?




Zoom in to see--fall color in this tree. 


I hope this next week brings no surprises!!!

10 comments:

  1. I vote for the cat over the earth quake although we've had a few here in Michigan that knocked things off the shelves on this side of the state.

    It Walgreens make you actually prints or put them on a memory card for your computer? I don't know how that works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can do either prints or on a disc. A few years ago, I sent 500 126 slides to Brite Pix--found them on-line. I had them arranged by date and they put them on discs, plus they sent an on-line download for my computer.. They did a great job. Costco will do the same with 35mm slides.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the photo's of the farm. Your kids are going to be so pleased at the gifts you are making for them. Priceless.

    3 years old, Judy! Here too, you know. I can hardly believe it. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - the farm
    wonderful memories you have
    and know your children enjoy all you do for them.
    A lot of things you do
    I would not know how to do :)
    Take care
    of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the same culprit that knocked over the bean plant, came in and pulled your drying hydrangeas down....poor Maggie, she's been falsely accused!

    Love all your photos of your parents' home....lovely, and they are treasured, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special gift for your kids to be able to live in the family homes. I was so sad when the family had to sell my grandma's place. They'd lived there for over 50 years, themselves. You are so creative and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo of the lane with all the autumn leaves on the ground is beautiful. They are going to love their albums. Poor Maggie, she gets blamed for everything. I think it was an earth quake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was very interesting to see the farm over the years...love the old black and white pictures and glad that tornado wasn't any closer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome pictures!!! priceless

    ok I'm trying really hard to have pretty flowers on my porch but mine keep dying do I water them every day??? any suggestions on something easy but FYI I killed mums

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they getting lots of sunlight? I don't water mine unless I notice their dirt is dry or they start looking droopy. When you plant them in the spring, be sure and pull apart their root ball a bit before putting them in your pots. I use potting soil for containers--it usually has some time released fertilizer in it--I never fertilize mine. BTW--I killed Mums too because I left them in their store pots. Better to stick them in the ground--they will come up next year too--maybe, LOL

      Delete