title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sorting It Out

When some people get sad or depressed or remember old things that make them sad, they don't want to think too long on them, because it just makes it worse for them.

Me?  I get right in the midst and wallow and find old pictures and talk about it--write about it, until it makes sense and then I can be done with it.  Usually works.

Last night's post was like that.  To answer some questions,  yes, my kids know I would love to live "back home":.

Yes that township is zoned for a manufactured home--there are many in that area.

My sister, of course knows, because she and Chuck and Fred and I used to look around and pick out where the mobile home should be.  I liked the field south of the house, she liked the small knoll north of the house and Fred and Chuck thought we should be across the road between the pond and the woods.

We talked about how much fun it would be to live near each other.  All the things we'd do.  How we could wave to each other every single day, even if we didn't talk.  The four of us figured that after Daddy died, and we inherited our share, we could do it.

Then Daddy died and we didn't get our share.

Then Fred had his heart attack and needed to be nearer doctors, hospitals, ambulance service, on and on and then Fred had the audacity to die on me!
==============================
So, the plan was that after the step-mother died and Susan and I got our share, I would get a new manufactured home and move out there.  Well we all know what happened with that plan!

Realistically--rationally and all those other words that have nothing to do with the emotional side of yearning, it would cost more than I have and more help than any of my kids could afford to give me---AND I would not allow any of them to give me--not that any of them have offered, LOL.

First the Perc test--to see if it is feasible to have a septic system and well.
Half basement or slab for under the house: anywhere from $2K to $5K
Septic system:  $2K-$5K at least
Dig a Well:  $5K-upwards.
A driveway and culvert must be put in--I have no clue as to a price
It would be best for me to sell this place and get a newer home--$25K - $50K

If I sold this place, I could probably get $10K for it--these places depreciate just like a car--their price never increases no matter how much you put into them.

That leaves me about.......hm-mm........$35K short.  So, unless or until someone starts a Go Fund Me account for me on Face Book....I guess I am staying here, LOL.
==============================

Logically--at my age?  I too, now, need to be near doctors, hospitals, ambulance services, stores, and all the rest.  It wouldn't be prudent for me to move to the hinter-lands--although if I have stayed there the last 25 years, those necessities would never enter my mind--as they don't the people who live there.

I have not told Pammie that I WANT to live with her, because I really don't and I know she doesn't WANT me too, but I did tell her this:"I know you and I both like living alone.  I just want you to know, that if it ever comes down to where you can't keep up the expenses on the house and farm, I would move in with you and give you most of my monthly income to help.  I would take over the upstairs and you wouldn't have to see me unless you wanted too."

Me figuring that with her working all day, I could roam all I wanted and when she got home tired, I'd be ever so quiet upstairs in my "apartment".  But, if I fell or became ill, at least someone would be there to notice.  LOL

So--it is planted in her memory bank.  We shall see?

It's all good.
=======================

Tomorrow, I will have to tell you all about the "date" I had this afternoon!

7 comments:

  1. I have wanted a house on a lake for as long as I can remember. I have wanted a house in the mountains for along as I can remember. I have wanted a house in Hawaii for as long as I can remember. And I have wanted a farm house for as long as I can remember. My only problem, I decided, is that I'm not Oprah. But I'm older than her and I had the idea of owning a lot of houses before she did. Daydreaming the possibilities---the house plans and decor are like a hobby that occupies my mind when I get too stressed out or overwhelmed with the complications of life. I know your yearning for the ancestral land is different.You have memories of generations who've lived on the land and my grandparents were all long gone before I was born or shortly after. You have memories of every tree, every shift that nature makes and what every generation has added or subtracted from the farm. I get that.Yearn on! Who knows, maybe one or both of us will win the lotto and be able to fulfill our daydreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, like I have shared before "you are smart."
    I understand all you share.
    There is so much I do not share
    but we both have traveled a different life then most.
    Take care of you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you explained. Now it makes perfect sense that in weighing the costs and remoteness to health care, you nix moving to ancestral land - unless serious money comes your way, in which case you'd be there in a nano second. Or maybe not. It reminds me of my yearning for a new partner after my husband died; it was soul deep. I searched high and low with a zeal unmatched since my twenties. I weighed the pros and cons with trial commitments. Now yearning for a new partner isn't soul deep any more, not by a long shot LOL. Glad we can both go there and sort things out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A date! Can't wait to hear about it.

    Besides being too far away from health care, etc., you'd also be too far away from Dar and Pearl. You can't get entertainment like that out in the country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am SO laughing at the last comment. Yeah, and then our entertainment would be gone also.

    Praying for God's Will, Judy.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. People always ask if we are going to move to the SSB now that we are retired. Absolutely no! The place is far too isolated for folks in their 70's. With my body deciding it is going to go into decline - I need to be closer to my doctors. Yes - there are good ones in town, but that is 45 minutes away. Nope. Not going to do it.

    Plus I am a mile from my daughter and 7 miles from my son. Not a 5 hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. Winning the lottery would solve your desire to live in the country. You just need a small win... about 35K.

    ReplyDelete