title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, September 20, 2014

If At First............



I am not worried about my second mammogram because I know there is nothing wrong.  If I get off the caffeine, that little cyst will be gone by Oct. 1st.

Beth:  Thank you so much for the banana nut bread.  It is luscious and I had it for lunch today--just that.  Two slices, smothered in butter :-)

Ernestine:  I received the bars of soap today.  They smell so good and feel so silky on my hands, when I wash with them.  Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Jean:  Guess what?  You were right.  Walgreen's does do slide-to-photo--any size I want!  I am so excited--going to run up to Brighton in the morning and, get 'er done!!!  Thanks for letting me know!!
=======================

A lovely, gorgeous day, weather wise.  I had such good intentions, LOL.

I went out to trim and prune and cut back, but first, I went out to my shed to get my yard waste bags.  We have to bag everything and then, every other Tuesday, they come and take it away to compost and turn into soil that landscapers use for their work next spring.

Well--what's this?  Nary a yard waste bag in sight.  While I was in there, I did rummage a bit in my plastic storage boxes--looking for old pictures of Pam and Mark's farms, but found none!!!

I decided, I'd best run up to the Meijer store to get some bags.  Lo and behold, they were on sale!  $1.88 per five-pack of the biodegradable paper bags.  I got two packs.  Then I checked their photo desk and...they don't do slides to prints.  

Then I remembered I didn't have enough milk for breakfast, so way to the other end of the store, but wait---on my way--DIET PEPSI IS ON SALE!!!  10 2-litre bottles for $10 with an 11th one free.  Loaded up 11 jugs of DECAFFEINATED Diet Pepsi.  Got the milk and some watermelon and got out of there for $21.87!! When I put in my M-perks number, I had $5.00 off!!  So glad I went today!

After I got home and lugged all the stuff inside, I decided that the kitchen needed a bit of straightening up.

Then I heard a noise outside.  "Something's happening here.  What it is, ain't exactly clear."



I hear saws and pounding and take another look-----------

Aha, the neighbor's are having the skirting put on their trailer.



Then I remembered, a task that needed doing.  Outside I went and put up my Sparty Tree Face.
We have football tomorrow!



Came back inside and was putting away my groceries when Jackie came over.  She had just walked all the way around the block.  She is having knee replacement in November and walking to strengthen her muscles in preparation of the surgery--it makes for quicker recovery if you get those muscles strong first.    

When she left, it was 5:00 and I decided it was much too late to start my outside work.  There will be another day...or two....or six.
=========================
Have you been watching the Roosevelt series on PBS.  It is very interesting!  The way Franklin was brought up reminds me of my Daddy.  Not just loved, but adored by his mother--always telling him he could do no wrong.  A sort of Prince.  No wonder he didn't quite like me a whole lot.  I think he was jealous of the time I took away from him, by my mother and his mother. They both thought he was the most wonderful thing ever invented...and then I came along...and they both thought I was the "more most" wonderful thing ever invented.  I think his "nose was out of joint".  You'd think he would have been proud of his accomplishment.  There had been no girls born in three generations.  The great grand and grand parents were demanding a girl baby--and he did it. LOL
=========================
Here are the pictures going into Pam's farm collage.  The farm was purchased in 1920, so in 6 years, it will be classified as a Centennial Farm--meaning a farm owned by the same family for 100 years.




I see my grandma and me in this picture

Aerial view the year we moved in.
We enclosed the front porch and used it for a den



 Love built into the foundation



6 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your day / how often is it that we all start out with one plan and then get waylaid by 10 others :)

    The farm pictures were fun to view :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your farm photos. Your daughter will love that photo collage.

    Thanks for mentioning Meijer doesn't do slides-to-photos. I was going to check that out later this year. Still don't know if I'm going to buy the little machine or just take the photos some place to convert.

    As much Pepsi as you drink going decaf might not even be enough to shrink your cyst. There is still some caffeine in decaf. Not sure if you eat or drink much chocolate/cocoa but if you do, don't forget that is another source of caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your farm pictures! Your daughter will be very happy with them. We do not have a Meijer store here. Sounds like a nice store. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Pam's house. It very charming. This is a great gift idea, Judy. She will love it.
    Can't wait till the neighbors put a porch on. Wonder if they will get to it before long or wait till spring. I know you'll show us the pics whenever they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photo's Judy. Pam is very fortunate! Was this the "original" home place? The farm over home I W. FL reached the 100 year mark a few years ago.

    I'm glad you were able to find a place to take the slide. I've got to find a place around here that does laminating for pictures I'll be making copies of to hang on the memory Christmas tree for Ben. This year is flying by fast.

    Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Staples does laminating. Or, any printing shop--I have one just up the road, but, that doesn't help you. No--the original farm, which is 164 years old, is where my sister lives. This was my grandparents farm, just down the road 1/2 mile, although, the two farms are joined. My grandparents moved here when my Daddy was 4 years old. His Dad died at age 42 and my grandma worked the farm and the Hatchery/Poultry for another 20 years. I spent a whole lot of time on this farm, then raised my kids here, after grandma died in 1966 and now Pammie lives here. We are real big on keeping the land in the family for as long as possible!!

      Delete