title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I Forgot Monday..........

I didn't do very much Monday, so I didn't post.  Besides, I was watching a 3 hour long DVD and when it was over, I just tumbled into bed instead of posting.

I didn't do too much today either, other than (trying) to get all my prescriptions refilled.  I had put in my order at Wal-Mart Pharmacy and never got a call telling me they were ready.  I called only to find out that they were just 2 days away from being put back AND two of them were not refilled because the doc hadn't called back.

So I called the doc's office and told my favorite nurse to call them in ASAP, as I was completely out of my high blood pressure medicine and my water pill.  Wal-Mart called at 10:00 to tell me, all of them were ready.  Jump in car, up to Wal-Mart, pick them up, back home and take my Lisinopril and my Hydrochlorthiazide.  Dizzy by noon!  I hate that water pill!!!

When I got home I noticed these---it must be Dragonfly season?  One on the front of my house and one landed on my car antenna.



Watched my Soap and then out to start my fall clean-up.  This garden, just off the porch, has become so filled with under growth of Rose-of-Sharon suckers.  If  you don't cut those babies down to the ground, you will end up with a Rose-of-Sharon grove, and although I love those bushes, I have other things growing under them that now do not show.



I filled up my birds feeders (I think I will take the Hummer feeder down tomorrow) and out to the shed where I got my small hand cutters, my big long-handled loppers, my rake, shovel, trowel, yard waste bags, gloves, and chair.  I sat in my chair and leaned over to start lopping off the Rose-of-Sharon suckers at ground level.  It is much easier on my back to do it from a sitting position.

Even with all that, my back was killing me after 30 minutes.  A quick break, sitting in my recliner and back out.  I could only work an hour, but I have the front all done (photos of completed job tomorrow).

Picked up the mail and there was a letter from Social Services (Welfare) that they were cutting off paying my Medicare payments.  

GOOD GRIEF!!!

I could feel that cold chill wrap around my body again!  I'm not making it now.  What am I going to do with having to pay another hundred a month!!??

Quickly called my caseworker and was told that it was time for my yearly re-determination and I hadn't sent in the proper forms.

"But, I wasn't put on Welfare until May.  It has only been five months."

"I see that.  I don't know.  They sent you forms to fill out in August and they had to be back September second or you would lose your benefits."

"I didn't get any forms."

"They mailed them."

"Let me look"....I reach in the drawer and pull out my folder with all (you know I have them all organized) forms/communications/determination/benefits forms..............."I'm looking at my folder and I have no re-determination forms from DHS."

"Do you have a computer?  Are you good on a computer?"

"Yes."

"Go into the MI Bridges website and you can fill out the form for re-determination.  I will get it as soon as it is submitted.  Then if I need any proof forms, I will mail them to you...or you can probably upload copies of the proofs and file by e-mail."

"Oh...thank you so much, Ms. Pharfennoogle!"

So--I got on their site immediately and got it all done and submitted.  Hopefully--as it has to absolutely be submitted by end of month, I will be all right.

It just doesn't let up!!!

We are having the most wonderful weather ever!!  Sunny every day and in the low to mid '70's.  Quite cool in the mornings, but by the time I am ready to get outside and work, it is perfect.  No rain for 7 or more days!!

Drove up the street and got me a Subway for supper and lunch tomorrow.  Thank you, Melissa!!!

4 comments:

  1. Judy,
    That second photo of the dragonfly/snake doctor on your antenna is beautiful. You can see how translucent his wings are. I grew up calling them dragonflies, and H called them snake doctors.

    We've had beautiful weather, too. I love this time of years. I wish I could make it stay this way all year, but I guess we'd take it for granted.

    Thank goodness you found out about your Medicare forms in time. Just in the nick of time, I'd say. It makes you wonder how many people didn't get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd make a notation in your 2015 calendar to look for that paper to be filed every September. Computer glitches happen where it skips a page or two of labels, etc. Envelopes get stuck together too. Lots of things can misdirect a letter in the mail. Sounds like you've got a caring caseworker. How lucky that you were able to catch this and correct it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the forms completed in time, you sure don't need to be paying for something that should be covered for you!

    I've been trying since Friday to get a refill on my beta blocker and my doc simply won't respond to the pharmacist or me. I have three days of meds left. I hate dealing with this kind of thing. Glad you were able to finally get your meds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) I'm just loving this weather too!

    ReplyDelete