title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, September 19, 2014

Does It Ever Let Up?



Just going along--trying to find peace and a bit of joy in every day.  Sometimes having to look hard for it.  There does seem to be at least one good thing each day, to thank God for each night.  I always say Thank You before I get to my "God Bless" list.

I have been spending a lot of time looking for, scanning and editing old pictures of Pam and Mark's farms.  I got the brilliant idea to make them a collage for Christmas--like I did for Susan last year.  Fun and frustrating.  My mother took so many slide pictures.  I have a great one of our house in 1966, that I want to put in Mark's collage, but.....how to get it from slide to photo.  Are there any places that do that anymore?

Also starting to crochet my "scrubbies" out of nylon net for gifts for the women--I need at least 25!!  Found a new Mary Maxim yarn that has "fibers" in it.  "They" say, it makes great dishcloths and it was on sale.  http://www.marymaxim.com/mary-maxim-scrub-it-yarn.html.  I ordered 2 of the Spring Variegated--also will use to edge the double-sided scrubbies.

Wednesday, I had my mammogram, bone density scan and chest x-ray.  No big deal.

Yesterday I had lunch up in Durand with my Old Gal Pals, or as Beth calls us, "Old Gal Biddies".  It was great.  I like the place where we meet.  They have a great Antipasto Salad and also Nacho's Supreme.  I alternate.  Yesterday I got the Nacho's.  The Old Gal that none of us care for didn't show up!  I was glad because I had an empty chair next to me and she would have sat there for sure!

Then I drove out to The Farm to visit my "lil Sis and take a picture of Mark's place for his collage.  I needed a recent picture to show changes since 1938.  LOL.

Susan and I had a great chat.  Her hubs, Chuck, managed to get the hood of my car open--I couldn't do it and knew it was rusted.  He sprayed the latch with WD40, let it sit for awhile and got it open.  I needed to refill the window washer tank.  He has finished up the old wrap-around porch with a new floor made from that Trex stuff.  Looks great.

I got home around five and my phone was blinking with a message.  I had a bad feeling--I don't know why, I just did.  I knew ever before I checked to see the caller ID.  Sure enough--it showed, SJMBCC-St. Joseph Mercy Breast Care Center.  I didn't want to, but I went to voice mail and listened.  I was to call them back!

Have you ever had that real cold feeling wrap around your mid-section?  Your heart pounds a bit? Your hands shake?

Too late to call back--I probably wouldn't have anyway.

Slept really well, because after all, I am Cleopatra--Queen of 'de Nile.

Armed with my usual sense of humor--my defense mechanism for scary things--I called back this morning.

Something showed up.  It may be nothing, BUT I have to go back in for another mammogram of my right breast AND an ultra sound...at 8:00 on October 1st!

8:00 a.m. ? 
On October 1st--my favorite day of the year?

Then she said, "Because you are on Medicare, I have to ask you these questions."

"I replied, "No I do not have black lung disease.  I am not a Native American.  I am not a veteran and I am not under a Federally funded clinical trail."

Well--she just lost it completely and got to laughing so hard she couldn't speak.  I sat and waited.

"Oh.  My..   Isn't it------you'd think once a year would be enough to ask......<gasp, gasp>..."

Apparently I started her day out with a good laugh.

She was still giggling when she said, "Okay, Judy.....I have you pre-registered at the Howell hospital for October first......<gasp>, at eight o'clock in the morning.  Please arrive at sever forty-five...."tee hee."

BOTHERATION!!!

My plan of attack?  Drink only DECAFFEINATED Diet Pepsi from now until then.  It is probably just an enlarged cyst--as I have had fibrocystic breast disease since I was forty-five.  To not give it another thought--going back into my Cleopatra phase.  I will be fine!  and if it's not fine, I will still be fine!!

Now--I am going outside and trim back some bushes, and stuff like that.

Apparently--life likes to throw all this stuff at me, all at one time, with only a few months break in between.  

2012- Fred died.  Best friend died.  New roof installed.  Major car repair.

2013--Step-mother died and no inheritance.  Another major car repair.  Daughter quit speaking to me.

2014--New furnace.  On Welfare.  Bankruptcy.  and now this!

I would just cry if it wasn't so hilarious!!

BRING IT ON!!!




9 comments:

  1. As you said, it is probably nothing. You have been spot on with keeping up with your mammograms - I wasn't. Saying a prayer anyway. Been there, done that, felt the anxiety. But in my case, came out with my scars and one less breast. That won't happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got called back after my last mammogram and it turned out to be nothing but scar tissue from an old biopsy. I was told the machines they use the first time are less discriminating than the ones they used for follow ups. Try not to worry! Your call back may turn out a similar way, especially if you've had lots of fibroid-cysts like me.

    There is a little machine you can buy to turn slides into photos on your computer. I understand they don't cost much. I plan to get one this winter. Walgreen's advertise that they have that service. Just google 'slides to photo' and see what comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to stay busy to keep your mind off this. Most of the stuff we worry about never happens. You have a lot of us out here that will be praying for you. When I am worried I go out in my yard and walk around to look at the flowers for a while. Vickie Okc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Cleo - we are going to think positive. Got it?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Statistics are in your favor on this one, but still, it's not so easy to put it out of your mind! If you do find yourself thinking about red monkeys, I mean your dear boobies, amuse yourself by picturing the exam room full of chattering red monkeys pawing the poor technician. Or something. This will NOT go on your list for 2014

    ReplyDelete
  6. They've called me back on a mammogram numerous times, too, and have also done the ultrasound routine. May it not be anything more than a precaution in your case....
    hope you got the gardening done. there is something so gratifying about trimming and puttering with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, have been called back and had the ultrasound. You're right, everyone is right, it's probably nothing. Still, it's bothersome, and I know you'll be glad when it's behind you and you have a clean result. Thinking good thoughts for you, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late commenting, just catching up on reading....My doctor actually makes you wait while she reads your mammogram and then does an ultrasound if she sees something she wants to check further. I've had to have several ultrasounds that all showed nothing. But boy, am I glad they do it right then, because having to wait would be so difficult.

    Hang in there, there is a great chance it's nothing serious and we'll all be praying for that outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just catching up - keep off the caffeine, and it's better safe than sorry. Praying for a good week and good news next week.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete