title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, September 4, 2014

TBT: Throw-Back Thursday

Today's high temperature was:  80 degrees
Cool, cloudy, breezy in a.m.
Hot and humid by 2:00 p.m.
===========================
My son Mark, at 14 months, watching as the tub filled up with his bath water.
He did love his bathies!
======================================================



In regards to "my Monkey's"--I can't write a book about them and not get sued AND, probably every one would think it was fiction!  LOL
================================
Well, I have a conundrum to figure out.  I have been looking at this for the last three years.  Every month, this pile of junk seems to grow.  I see it from every window on the east side: living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.






The park rules clearly state that "there will be no outside storage.  Everything must be stored in your shed.  Patio furniture, when not in use, must be stored in your shed.  Wood must be stored, up off the ground, at the back of your home."

This is Tami's home.  This doesn't take into account all the other "stuff" she has on the small lawn space between us; planting real close to the lot line, not realizing that plants are going to grow larger.  

She keeps digging holes and sticking bushes in them, but...she never takes care of anything!  I am hoping, the Smoke Tree she just planted dies from neglect!!!

Any problem we have, here in the park, has to be addressed in written form, signed and turned into the office.  So...last night, after Dar left and I was in a "dammit" mood, I printed out those pictures at the top and typed, "I don't want to cause any trouble and I certainly don't want this person to know I am the one, but, I am so tired of looking at this growing pile of junk every day of my life."  Then I printed out the part of the rules that she is abusing, highlighted them, signed my name and put in an envelope with Rob's name (the manager) on the front.

I still haven't turned it in.  I know that he can probably address it quite easily, just by telling her that "they" noticed the stuff and she has to store it in her shed, (which is already full to bursting.), he wouldn't mention me or show her the photos.  I'm still scared she will find out it was me who turned her in and....to be quite honest, I am scared of her.

Pearl says, "What can she do to you...if she found out?"

I said, "You know her and how she gets.  Who knows what she might do.  Wait until the middle of the night and pour salt in my garden to kill the plants.  Let the air out of my tires.  Who knows."

It's easy for someone else to tell you what to do...when they aren't directly involved.  She has a lot of stuff on Pearl's side too, but Merle and Pearl have trees and bushes that camouflage it from them.

Pearl said, "Well, I talked to her about that mess this summer and told her she better clean it up before the park management sees it.  So, maybe she will think it is me...and I am NOT scared of her at all!"
==============
Meanwhile, my Zinnia's are enjoying themselves and giving my neighbor's a nice view--I think.

==================
I went out to get my mail and this was what I found.  


After I got through crying, I realized, it is things like this that keep me from wanting to just "off" myself!
===================
I walked up to Merle and Pearl's this evening.  Merle was sleeping so she and I went out on their screened in porch to talk.  She is still very concerned with him.

She was playing on the computer and Merle was out in back, caulking a window.  All of a sudden, Pearl got a message on her monitor.  She was disconnected from the Internet.    She looked up and saw that Merle was over by where the cable comes into the bedroom, so she went out and said, "Did you cut the Internet cable?'

"Nope." he said

So she came back in.  She said she saw him with a black cable in his hand.

He later came in and said, "Yes...I cut the cable, but it was an accident."

So, I'm wondering why in the world would he cut the cable in the first place, when all he was supposed to be doing was caulk the bedroom window.  Pearl is wondering why in the world he would lie to her.  Something is just not right with him.    Is he getting senile too?

Then she said something to me that really meant a lot.  She talks quite soft, or she asks me a question while her head is turned, or on the phone, she mumbles and I am constantly saying, "What?"

When I do that, she gets on my case. "I wish you'd get a hearing aid.  You are deaf, Girl!"

So tonight she said, "Do I speak too soft or mumble?  It seems that a lot of people are saying 'What?' to me when I'm talking to them."

"So--I'm not the only one?"

"No...and I want to apologize for telling you that you're deaf.  I think it's the way I speak."

Maybe she finally realizes?

Then she said, "Did you know my left leg is shorter than my right one?"

"No."

"You haven't noticed how I limp when I walk?"

"Yes.  Maybe you need to wear a lift insert in your left shoe."

"Oh...I have one."

"YOU HAVE ONE AND YOU DON'T USE IT??  My Gawd, Girl--that would help your back so much!"

"Do you think that would help?"

"Oh Pearl.  Don't you remember when I had to wear one in my left shoe....before I had my second hip surgery?"

"Yes.  Why did you wear it."

"Because, my left leg was shorter and I could hardly walk because my back hurt so much.  Put that lift in and see if it helps.  Please!"

"It might not fit in these shoes."

"So--wear a different pair and see if it helps.  Do it tomorrow--just wear it around the house and see.  Please?"

So--who knows--right?
================    

8 comments:

  1. It may have come later than you would have liked but that thank you note was well worth the wait. She obviously didn't want to write it until she had the time to do it right...and she sure did. What a great note!

    I can't believe someone would not know a lift in a shoe would help your back pain!

    That mess at Tami's is going to attract mice when the weather turns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, sweet note from your granddaughter, Judy. She is well accomplished and gives you the acknowledgement of always being there for her to help shape her life. No greater compliment! :)

    Yeah, I'd be wanting to have that "stuff" of Tami's moved also. I really don't understand why some people don't think the rules apply to them.

    Poor Merle - I'm sure he didn't have a clue about the cable he cut. :(

    Have a blessed day, my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, heartfelt note from Maddie!

    You know how kids now days 'sag' their pants, wearing the waistband halfway down their thighs? Mark was doing that with his DIAPER, way back when. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice note from your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest pic of your son.

    What a sweet letter from Maddie. She's a good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madeleine's note is a dream come true. Maybe frame it?! Pearl is warming to your influence. Maybe, wonder of wonders, Tami could be influenced by you? I dunno. You may have to be ready to be called b****.

    I'm in a similar pickle. My neighbor has 8 junk cars squeezed onto his lot. I fantasize about him moving out. I count my blessings that my super sonic barking deterrent has quieted his pit bull. I am well within my legal rights to alert the city because that many cars is illegal, but.... am I ready to start a feud?

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a WONDERFUL letter!

    the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete