title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

Today's high: 71 degrees
Today's humidity:  35%
Sunny

What is so rare as a day in June?  Absolutely nothing!!!

I took another Percocet at bedtime last night--it is amazing stuff.  I lay on my back and I can feel the pain melting away--really.  I woke up this morning, feeling great and no pain anywhere--at all!!

BUT--we can't keep taking drugs--especially Percocet--it can be addictive and since I have an addictive personality--I only take it when the pain is really bad and last night--not only my back and shoulders were screaming, but my hips were burning.  No doubt from lifting the heavy back porch.  Oh well--onward and upward!!

I haven't taken any pain meds for months and months!!  Some people take Advil or Naproxen or Aleve for arthritis pain.  I never do.  I don't know why.  I guess after the constant, horrid pain from my "before replacement" hips, any pain I get from the arthritis seems like no big deal now.

I walked down to Pearl's this morning and we got into another discussion about a tall bush/tree she has in her back yard.  For once--she didn't know what its name was, so I told her, I'd find out.  I took a leaf off it and a blossom and brought them home.  It blooms all white, tiny flowerets in May.  It's not a cherry, or a pear or a dogwood--what is it?

I spent about 90 minutes trying to identify the leaf on line and then found images of the tree and the blossoms and this is what I found.


A downy Northern Arrow Wood!  

Never heard of it before in my life.  So I took the pictures back and we agreed!  WE AGREED!!!  Sure is a pretty thing when it blooms and is about 20 feet high.

Then I went and got my hairs cut--feels a lot better.  This time of year, my hairdresser says, "Your hair grows like a bad weed".  For sure it does!!!  I have to go about every 5 weeks--4 would be better, but I can't afford that much.

I came home and got my tools and headed out to the last garden to clean up.  The one under my Lilac and Rose of Sharon bushes--where a lot of spring bulbs are planted and some Hostas, that I transplanted and my Weigela, which is beautiful right now!  

Boy Howdy--it didn't take long for my back to start screaming!  So--I went and got my green, snaky, light-weight expandable hose and sprayed some Miracle-Gro on my veggie garden--which consists of two tomato plants, a hill of cucumbers and half a dozen strawberry plants.  I have little cucumber leaves coming up and some green grape tomatoes.  Going to be a bumper crop this year, LOL.

Today, I remembered, after I turned off the water at the spigot, to hold the nozzle sprayer open until the water had drained--so I didn't get soaked.  I am still laughing about the drenching I got yesterday--something like that happening is...so me!!!

The other day I made a trip to the rich people's grocery store--because I love their deli salads!!!  I got some watermelon, and a large bag of sweet cherries, and antipasto salad, mac/tuna salad, potato salad, chef salad, Caesar salad, Spaghetti salad and a bag of pecans.

Man!!  Have I been eating great this week!!!  I love salad and fresh fruit--it just is what I crave right now.  I was just thinking--I haven't had any meat to eat since---well---I can't remember.  I used to eat a lot of meat--especially beef.  I do not like turkey nor chicken nor fish of any kind and not many pork items--so I always ate beef.  I haven't had a hamburger since last summer.  I don't know why--I think I have a craving for a nice big Hamburger Deluxe.



Here was my haul!!

Well--there are no more urgent chores to do outside--which is a good thing.  I think my body needs a rest.  

Everyone says, "So happy you can work in the yard, but...don't overdo it!"  Are you crazy?  Of course I will overdo it.  I am having the best time I've had in four years--I am just so grateful that I CAN work in the gardens.  Every night when I go to bed, I am smiling and I thank God for giving me the miracle of the good surgery that allows me to be "normal" once again.  You cannot even imagine what it means to me--unless you have gone through it.

The constant pain--no matter what I was doing--sitting, laying down--pain--all the time!  The injections in the back--which did no good!  The bad anti-inflammatory meds that tore up my tummy!  Then getting to the point where I couldn't even walk around the house without a walker!

You just cannot imagine how it feels to be relatively pain free and able to walk all over the Wal-Mart, do household chores--all in the same morning.  Walk up a flight of stairs.  All the things that we take for granted all our lives---until it is taken away from us.

Tomorrow is going to be that day of rest for me!  I am going to walk down to Pearl's in the morning and then...I think...I just might drive into Brighton and get me a Burger King Whopper, LOL!!!

Try something for me?  Every morning, when you first open your eyes, say, "I trust you, Jesus", unless of course you are Jewish,  and then act like it the rest of your day.  You would be surprised how much that helps when things come along that can be frustrating or confusing or scary.


5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your "rich people's grocery store" comment. We have one of those too and once we found out that their prices were cheaper than the other store's sale prices, we decided it was the store for us.

    I used to take 2 Aleve every morning for quite a few years and then I found out that regimen is very hard on the kidneys so I had to stop. I am hoping my next blood results show better numbers for my kidneys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're able to garden again, it seems to be something you just love (I don't have that same love of gardening, but I understand how much it means to you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - an agreement on the name of a plant!! Another reason to go to bed happy - Ha Ha! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious? Pearl didn't know something. I had to laugh out loud. And, then ya'll agreed. Laughing again!

    I'm so happy for you to be able to do things that for so long you couldn't. I remember a short few years ago when I couldn't walk at all, and yes for sure unless we go through these things others have no idea.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete