title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Friday, June 21, 2013

D.B.F.Day Before Funday

Today's temperature was: 82 degrees
Today's humidity was:  43%
Sunny, but  a bit warm for me.

At least the night's are cool, so no A/C so far.  Beautiful spring and hoping for a moderate summer.

I did not attend my school pals lunch today--it was quite a distance away and I really can't afford the $20.00 it would cost for gas.  I will try and go next month, if it is closer.  I used the excuse--well--I didn't really use an excuse, I just e-mailed them that I wouldn't be there.

This morning I got up fairly early--8:30 and after waking up--drove up to Brighton and stopped at the Meijer's store to fill up the car with gas.  I allow myself $40.00 a month for gas.  When it is gone--or getting low--I don't go anywhere.  I have been nursing a half tank of gas since Memorial Day.  The gas around here was well over $4.00 and I cannot afford that.  

Yesterday, the little gas tank icon on the dash came on, so---I got $40.00 of gas--at $3.81 a gallon--which is just obscene!!

Then I left there and went to the recycle ink jet place--I've been printing so much stuff.  I got two of them, color and black.  AND I got a couple packs of copy paper.  Now, I am good to go again.

After my Soap--ooh--it is getting so good!! I printed out all the new stuff I had found on-line for my ex husband's family.  I found another generation!!! and pictures of his grand parents that I know he doesn't have.  His grandfather, who died before he was born, looks so much like his Dad it is absolutely spooky.  They could be brothers.  I made a copy for him and my 4 kids to put into their family tree albums.  

I washed and ironed these two cross stitch projects--

This baby crib cover--turned out so cute.
I have no one to give it too, so I will put it away in the
plastic storage box, that has two baby afghans in it,
labelled "Great Grandchildren"

This turned out great too and I ironed it and folded it
and put it into a plastic bag that curtains came in
and take it to the farm tomorrow for my sister.
I think I will hide it in her top buffet drawer :-)

Then I went outside, got my green, snaky hose and the liquid Miracle Gro sprayer I have and watered all my plants.  Works so well!!

Fred's lily gifts to me, in the front garden, about to pop! 



As well as the porch garden.  I don't think these lilies
have ever been as tall as they are this year.

Both planters are filling in nicely.

Then I came in and soaked my feet.  There was a foot soak recipe on FB that I wanted to try. 1/4 cup Listerine--1/4 cup white vinegar--1/4 cup warm water.  Well, of course that wasn't enough to soak, so I increased it to a cup of each.  It really took off a lot of dead skin--and some approaching calluses.  I liked it and will try it again.

I am going to put a thick layer of VEET Shower hair remover on my legs and a nice thick layer of Neet For Face on my mustache and beard and shower--I should be sleek and smooth for tomorrow.  I do have ONE pair of white shorts that aren't too baggy, with a navy t-shirt, or I might wear my ONE pair of navy shorts with a white top.    

I've got the carry bag already packed with the two new books for Susan AND the copies of the stuff proving our 6th great grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War, the Christmas tablecloth--copies of the family tree stuff for my kids and an antique farm machinery magazine for my bro-in-law.  Karen will pick me up at 10:45.  I am wondering if Jen will be there.  She has been at Girl Scout camp all week with Elise, so maybe they won't be home.  It would be so nice to have ALL four of my kidlets there!!!
==============================================

I have a question--do any of you cross stitch?  Is it possible to cross stitch a pattern on a cloth and have it reversible?  The back looking like the front, only in reverse--so the back would look as good as the front?

I have cross stitched since 1978--when Karen taught me--and I have done a lot.  Some very large pictures--with metallic thread and beads.  I have yet to have a picture where the back looked decent.  With the baby crib quilt, I put the needle between the two layers so there were no stitches on the back--I didn't want it to be all messy on the back of the quilt.

Well, Dar--you remember her?  Asked me why I didn't go through the two layers so that the quilt would be reversible.  

I said, "I didn't want the back to look messy with all the threads."

She said, "Oh, I cross stitched for years.  ALL my projects were reversible.  The back looked as good as the front."

So I said, "You will have to teach me how to do that.  I'd like to see one of your projects."

"Oh--I left them all in Greece, when I came back to Michigan," she says.

I think she is BS'ing me again!!! You know, everything she does has to be better then anyone else.

Anyway--is that possible??

============================

Oh my--it is my birthday!!  and...I have to be up and awake in six hours.............

Later, Jude









8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - have a great day!!!
    My cross stitch looks awful on the back! My Mum knows how to do drawn thread-work and linen-work that looks equally amazing on both sides. I haven't got the patience!
    All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Judy. I came to your blog from Muffin 53 (Empress Bee) and you had commented that it was your birthday.
    I follow your blog, love your writing and your stories.

    Judy from Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthda, Jude! Best wishes for a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Judy! Hope you are enjoying your day with your family! Also wanted to tell you that Shauna bought Rich one of those pocked hoses for Father's Day. It sure is a handy, dandy little thing, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you...
    Happy Birthday to you...
    Happy Birthday dear Judy...
    Happy Birthday to you..
    and many more.

    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, dear, Judy....hope your day is fabulous!! I think it will be. Your flower pots look so pretty and I love how they have filled in so quickly.
    Can't wait to hear about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Judy! Happy Birthday to You! your flower gardens look like they are coming along nice. and I love your stitching projects! its really to hot to be out today so I am catching up a bit in the house. enjoy your day Judy!!

    ReplyDelete