title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Warm Wednesday

Today's temperature was: 83 degrees
Today's humidity was: 69%
Sunny, muggy, yucky.

Hey--my ancestor's came from northern Germany--we are fair skinned, blue eyed, blonde's.  We do not suffer the heat and humidity very well.  I do not sweat, so the heat builds up inside and causes nausea, dizziness, and headache.  I had a heat stroke when I was 15--very sick in bed for three days.  Since then, the heat has really bothered me.  I think I would be far better living in Alaska.  I suppose that is why I always feel better in fall and winter?  I don't start wearing a coat outside until January and only then, if is below 32 degrees.

Enough said about that!

So this morning I didn't even open my eyes until 10:00 and only then because cats were playing "ruffly-tuffly" on the bed.  When I got up, they kept softly nipping my ankles as I got their food for them.  I wonder--if I died in the middle of the night, would they snack on me for food?

I don't really like to get up that late because I am still trying to wake up by noon.  I did manage to get the bed made and the litter box cleaned by noon--then watched the news and my Soap.  Then I got motivated and went into town to get supplies.

I saw Pearl in the grocery store!  She had been to get her hair cut and stopped on her way home.  I came around the corner by the lunch meat and she was coming right at me.  We both, kind of jumped and then stopped, then laughed.  

"I thought you looked familiar," she said.

"Did you get your labels."  I have been giving her lessons on how to use Word on her computer.

"No--I don't know where they keep them in this store.  Where are you heading?"

"Well, I was just heading to produce to get a bag of sweet cherries.  The labels are way back in the farthest corner of the store."

"Ohhhh, I can't walk back that far," she whined.

"Tell you what--you get a bag of cherries when you go to produce and I will walk back there and get the labels--I need some too.  Then I will come down when we get home and we can divide our loot."

"Okay Chickie," she says and off we go in different directions.

I had already been in that part of the store looking for plastic storage boxes and yard waste bags, but I headed back.  My back was screaming and I just said, "Shut up--walking is good for you!"

I got her labels and checked out and...got home a half hour before she did!  She must have only started her shopping when I met her in the store.

I unloaded, put away, sat down for a bit and then checked to see if I could see her car.  She was home.

Walked down and got half a bag of sweet cherries and gave her half a pack of the labels.  Bah Dah Boom, Bah Dah Bing!
=============================
One of my many projects--I have two file records storage boxes (from my days as a sexretary), filled with VHS tapes.  I have no VHS player--used to, don't anymore.  I have slowly been buying some of those favorite movies on Amazon.com in a DVD format.  Yesterday, I decided that the VHS were going to Salvation Army.  Today, I got two plastic storage boxes--the smallish ones, and put the DVD's in them.  They had been sitting in the TV armorie, stacked up next to the DVD player and I didn't like the looks of that.  I put certain movies in each box, in alphabetical order and labelled them, i.e. Classics and Award Winners, Religious and family, Military, Musical, Kids. I am thinking of also making a list of each movie in each box and sticking that to the lid too. 

Did I heard someone mention OCD?

Tomorrow, I am going in my clothes closet and arrange all my T-shirts and tops by color.  It is such a mish-mash in there with warmish clothes mixed in with summer clothes.

Hey--it is too hot to be outside playing, so I have to think of things to do inside.  Don't judge me, LOL.
===============================================

T-Shirt commented yesterday that perhaps I had a flare up of diverticulitis.  The minute I read that, I thought, "Yepper, bet it was."  I have had minor bouts with that sort of thing off and on for a lot of years.  The pain usually was on my right side--this time on my left.  Probably have a new pocket in there or something. Weird though, as I didn't eat anything different on Monday.  Who knows.  For now, it's gone.

See ya later...........












3 comments:

  1. I don't know about OCD but it sure must be nice to have time to be so organized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's something really rewarding about colour theming my clothes. I'll happily spend an afternoon moving all my clothes around and hanging things that go together in the same part of the wardrobe!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm diggin' your little weather report everyday. I like knowing what's going on where you are. I'm made for cooler temps., too. I have red hair (used to be more red - less gray) and fair skin. I can't take the heat.

    All of my t-shirts are organized by color. It's just as easy to do it that way and much easier to find things.

    No more bowel problems for you!!!

    ReplyDelete