title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wednesday--Storms?

Today the temperature was:  72 degrees
Today the humidity was:  89%  YUCK
Drizzly all day.  


Pearl called and woke me up at 10:00!!!  Honest to goodness.  I did have my alarm set for 8:00 because I've been wanting to change that habit of getting up late, but...I didn't get to sleep until nearly 3:00, so....

I didn't do a thing all day!!  Well--I watched my soap and then the baseball game--that's about it.  But it was not nice outside, so I didn't even go for a walk.

They kept warning us on TV about bad storms coming this way--60-80 mph winds--perhaps a tornado--from the storms  that were in the Mid-West.  I kept checking The Weather Channel radar map on my computer.  I have it centered on my Zip Code.  All I could see coming was green--just plain old rain.  Tonight they are saying the bad stuff probably will stay south in Ohio and Indiana, but we are suppose to get 3-5 inches of rain!  Oh well--I am not in a flood area, so not to worry.  Other then there will a soppy lawn for a few days.

The monument company called me this afternoon--they have the grave markers in.  They are mailing me a picture of them to make sure all the information is correct, and when I approve them, they will take them to the cemetery and get them placed on their bases.

This kind of creeps me out a bit.  I was okay the day I went and ordered them.  I want to get them set and get Fred's ashes buried.  I want my marker there so when I die, my kids will have one less thing to worry about.  It's just going to feel weird to go to the cemetery and see my very own, eternal resting place with my name and all--carved in stone, so to speak---like it's just waiting for me.  Shivers!!!

Almost like this is the one last chore I have to do and then....I can just sit down and wait to die.  I DO NOT want to do that!!  It just seems like that is the one major event in my life I have left--dying.  I've done everything else--no more major events to look forward to.  Some minor ones, but not ones that will directly effect me like, getting married, having babies, getting a new house--that sort of event.  I only got one more.

I hope I can get my head straight and realize that even a day like today--with nothing exciting or even interesting happening--is still a good day.  I got to see the rain and watch the cats and talk to Pearl and even see the sunshine for a bit.  Even piddly little jobs are okay--just to know we are still alive.

I just feel--have felt like I am waiting for something to happen.  Like I can't quite move forward until whatever it is, happens.  (Just had a thought--I'll bet I am waiting for the step-mother's Will to be made known.  I'll bet that's it. )
=========================================
Anyway--I got some cute pictures in the e-mail today.  Pictures of Karen's youngest daughter--Madeleine.  She is going to spend July in Oregon with her older sister.  She has been accepted to study with that city's ballet company.  Above all--Maddy loves ballet.  She just learned how to dance "on pointe" last summer.  By these pictures you will see--everywhere that girl goes, she is practicing her ballet.  Even on vacation, LOL.  In these pictures was suppose to be some of her and me, after her last recital, but apparently, Karen can't find them on her phone.    Next time--I am taking my own camera!!








She went dancing down the lane behind their house--blowing 
a "wish and blow" as she calls it, while she danced..

This is a "wish and blow".


She will be 17 in August and a Senior in high school next September.

She adores me and I feel the same way about her.  

She always tells me that knowing I am in the audience when she dances, always helps her to dance better.  

6 comments:

  1. It's me, Bella.

    That is one beautiful girl. Again, you are blessed to have such a relationship. I guess we can't please all the people all the time, but how sweet it is when we do please a sweetie like her.

    We are supposed to get terrible storms this afternoon. I hope we don't lose power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... she's beautiful! I am also waiting to hear about your stepmothers will! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT a beauty! I'm so glad you have such a good relationship with her.

    The marker/grave thing would wig me out too!

    A day like you had sounds perfect to me, once in a while it's nice to just veg out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do grow up fast, don't they? And that means we, too, are growing older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful
    and I know I treasure
    my relationship
    with my 4 granddaughters
    2 in their 20's
    and two are 8 and 10 :)
    So special when they tell me
    they Love Me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jude, just checking in.. what wonderful pictures of your grandbabe! also your daughter Pam does look alot like you! boy it was hot here today. weird weather one day the heats on the next the air.. no wonder i woke with a sore throat! hope it stops raining for you! enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete