title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Monday Montage

One evening, I sat down across the room to eat supper, looked
up and this is what I saw.



One day, I sat down across the room to eat lunch, looked
up and this is what I saw.





Yesterday morning, I saw down across the room to eat breakfast, looked
up and this is what I saw.  
Maggie looking out the window at a large Mourning Dove, 
Scaredy Cat Buddy hunkered down, ears going flat, peeking
over the window sill.




Friday I went to the ortho surgeon for my 3 and 1 year 
check-up and this is what my replaced hips look like.  
How would you like to know all that metal is inside you?  
Creeps me out!!!  What if it gets rusty?



Saturday, Pearl came down and brought me a "tulip" from the 
Tulip Poplar tree behind her place.  
This is what SHE calls a Tulip Tree.

Loaded with yellow blooms, although you can't see them.


Saturday afternoon, I looked up and this is what I saw.
"Yoda" taking a bath.

Then he took a nap.


Sunday afternoon, I looked up and Yoda was taking another bath--
this time sitting on the floor.

Then, he took another nap.


Meanwhile--Maggie stares out the bedroom window at the bushes.


A bloom off my "Momma Iris"--it is more peach then it looks.
My Mother planted it in 1968--the fall after she died, I went
up to the house and dug up one tuber.  
I have since given tubers to my daughter's and sister,
and everywhere I have lived since 1970, has this Iris
plant in a garden there.
======================================================

Life is cut short.  

The extra lap for Buddy and Maggie is gone.  

My Mother has been gone 43 years.  

Yet--life and Mother Nature go on. 

I wish they made replacements for broken hearts! 





4 comments:

  1. Me, too, Judy, me, too. Love this post with the great cat pics...Cats offer such wonderful comic relief, don't they?
    We are home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I'm back in the blogosphere properly! Love the pictures of your cats. I used to have a silver tabby who was the softest, kindest cat on the planet. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Buddy cat's fur is soft as cashmere and he is the mellowest and lovingest cat I have ever had. I love them both, but Buddy--he owns my heart!!!

      Delete
  3. It's so nice that you get such pleasure from your pets. And, I'm sure they adore you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete