title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Too Hot For Me!

Today's temperature was: 89 degrees
Today's humidity was:  54%
Heat Index: 93 degrees
Sunny & breezy


Not much today---

Dar came over and wanted to know if I saw everyone at her place yesterday and how the "kids" built her a raised flower bed.  (Kids she works with.)  "They now think of me as their Mom and I told them what I wanted and they offered to build it for me."

I said, "Why did they build it on the driveway instead of where it was to be placed?"

"Oh--I know.  I was inside with the air on--I didn't realize what they were doing."
=========================
Pearl came down.  

"Did you see what was going on across the street yesterday?  She sat inside all afternoon--I never saw her come out once to offer them a drink--nothing.  Then she had to get her neighbors to help move the thing.  Did you see that old guy out there--he about fell over trying to lift that thing!"

===============================

Then an hour later, Dar came back.

"Oh my God it feels so good in here.  Do you have the air on?"

"Yes."

"I just won't run the air in my place--I have to save on electricity.  I am use to the heat.  I use to live in a Tropical Zone."

"I thought you lived in Greece."

"I did.  It's in the Tropical Zone."

"Really?  I thought it was in a Temperate Zone."

"Oh no.  Tropical--the Mediterrian is all Tropical Zone countries."

"Really.  I had no idea."

"Well--I just came over to get cool and have a smoke and bring back your DVD. See ya."

===============================
I did step outside, after watching the Tiger's ballgame and taking a 45 minutes nap, and this is what I found.

The Sweetest Day lilies that Freddy got me every year are so beautiful this year.  The one in the second picture--by the front porch steps is taller then I have ever seen it.  I have six lily plants he gave me.  The one by the bottom of the porch steps is a really pretty dark reddish pink when it blooms, plus I have two Star Gazers that haven't bloomed yet--they smell soooooo good!

Front garden

Garden by porch steps

I have to recommend a site to you.  I purchased a set of sheets from them and here is my review!

www.nomorerack.com.  A heavily discounted shopping site--it was advertized on Face Book.  A queen size set of Egyptian Cotton sheets, with four pillowcases for the price of $29.99.  I figured they'd be cheaply made.  I have one set of sheets.  I take them off the bed, wash and dry them, put them back on.  I got them when I moved in here 10 years ago--750 thread count--cost nearly $100.00.

I got these cheap sheets yesterday--put them on the bed and--THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!  I have never felt anything quite as smooth, and sumptuous.  The price inside the manufacturers package was listed at $149.99.  They have a lot of fantastic brand name items on this site.  Some are only available for a few hours or days.  I firmly recommend this site if you are looking for values.


They even came in a beautiful heavy plastic pouch, reinforced with wires on each side and with a pretty white tassel.  Which---I can use at a later date to package a baby afghan in for a gift.


Sometime, during the night, this happened.  The clothes rod over the washer/dryer came down, clanging on the metal appliances.  This has happened before and scared the heck out of me.  Last night--I heard nothing.  I discovered it when I woke up--a mere 8 steps away from my pillow.  I credit my new sumptuous sheets with allowing me to sleep so soundly, LOL



===============================

Tonight, I watched the Wallenda dude walk the tightrope over the Grand Canyon.  They had it on the Discovery Channel--I saw that the program started at 8:00 and ended at 10:00--the first part was all set-up. So I popped a movie in the DVD and watched until 9:50.  Then turned on the channel  

He made it.  Praising God all the way.  Thanking Jesus.  Personally--I don't care what religion you are or how much faith you have--God gave you life.  Jesus told you to enjoy the life you have been given--to respect your life--to respect the temple of your body.  I am certain God and Jesus were watching him and discussing something like---

"Will you look at that idiot!  I gave him life."  

"I know Father.  I died so he could have and enjoy his life."

"Now he's down there, putting on a big show.  Calling out our names loudly--like the Pharisees do.  He must be related to Dar!"

"Oy Vey."

"He certainly isn't showing much respect for the life I gave him."

"Should we like...sway the cable a bit?"

"No--the idiot might fall and then all the people watching would say that we don't exist.  I gave him a brain--too bad he doesn't use it."

and then Jesus said, "Forgive them Father.  They don't realize how stupid they are."

That's all I got!!!  See ya tomorrow--suppose to be 90+ here--Oy Vey!!








6 comments:

  1. You crack me up!! I love good sheets. I will have to check out the site. I agree - too stinkin' hot. It seems like way more humid than 53% Ugh! And this is only the 2nd day of summer. I'm not complaining too loudly though - you don't have to shovel sunshine!
    Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny.....thanks for the recommendation on the sheets. Are they sateen? I don't like the sateen sheets, just the pure cotton.
    I cannot believe you slept through that rack falling....
    Stay cool. It is really nasty humid here, too, after a picture perfect weekend. At least I am at work in the AC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your new sheets - I think there's something very luxurious about new sheets and duvet covers!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must be related to Dar. Oh, now that is funny! :)

    Hey, do you think Joan is ever going to post on her blog again. She got the dang recipe.

    Have a good night, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lilies are beautiful! I'm going to check out that site for the sheets. That's a great price. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too Funny...God and Jesus!

    There's nothing like a great pair of sheets, I'll check that site out.

    ReplyDelete