title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Monday, June 24, 2013

Too Late--Too Early

Today's temperature was:   88 degrees
Today's humidity was:  45%
Sunny and way too hot


I could not sleep last night, so at around 3:00, I got up and sat, in the dark, in the computer room.  That Super Moon was at just the right angle that it came in the front window.  I just sat there and enjoyed the moonbeams--of course I had been out earlier to howl at that beautiful moon.  

I have always loved the moon.  Perhaps because I was born on a night of a full moon?  I don't know.  In my childhood home, the moon shown in my bedroom window.  In my farm house, the moon shone in my bedroom window on my face!!!  When I was designing my little country home (which never happened), the house faced east and I had the master bedroom on the south-west corner so the moon would shine in the south window early in the night and later, in the west window.

I just looked up and there it is again tonight.  Off to the south-east right now.

I knew it was going to be very hot today and I wanted to water my gardens this morning, so I set my alarm for 7:00.  I hit snooze every 9 minutes until 8:00 and then staggered out of bed.  Fed the cats, grabbed my snaky, wiggly, green hose and got everything all watered.

Then, Pearl came down.  She wanted to order some of the fantastic Egyptian Cotton sheets I was telling you about, but she couldn't figure out how to do it.  So I ordered them from my computer.

I ate a half sandwich, watched my soaps and then headed across the road to the nursery.

Those (once) beautiful Rosea Vinca I planted, because I couldn't get Impatiens, are not doing well.  They haven't grown--they haven't filled in--their leaves look like they had been bitten by frost--which I knew couldn't be.

I grabbed three of them out of the railing planters, put them in a bag, took my garden file with my receipts and headed over to Bordine's.

The girl looked them over.  Checked them, under the microscope for mites and declared, "I think they have been watered too much.  They like to dry out between waterings."

"Well that's weird," I said.  "I am noted for not watering my plants like I should.  Usually they get all droopy from dryness. But, I did use the Moisture Control soil, so maybe, that held too much water?"

So--I got NO money back--my mistake for over watering I guess.

So I just bought another kind of Rosea Vinca, larger plants, trailing plants, guaranteed to fill up the boxes with masses of color.  (We'll see).

Came home, planted them--took me all of 20 minutes, up on the shady, cool porch, and I was sweating like a hog. (Hogs don't sweat do they.)  The humidity was so high!!!

I quickly got my chores done and back into the nice 74 degree, air cooled, dry house.




That lily I was telling you about, next to the front porch steps--is nearly 4 feet high.  Amazing!!!

Tonight, I worked on a friend's family tree--such fun.  I got way back to the 1600's.

I waited for the predicted severe thunderstorms to roll in--some went north of me--some went south.  I was glad.

Tonight I watched the new TV series entitled, "Under The Dome".  I have read the Stephen King book a couple of years ago, so I am anxious to see if the series is as good as the book.

I am just about ready to crawl into those wonderful new sheets.  They are the softest, smoothest things I have ever slept in.  There is no "drag", when I move around.  It seems I can even turn over easier.  I love them.

That's all I got--

See ya tomorrow.  Jude









5 comments:

  1. I missed the super moon. Glad you didn't.

    Hope your new plants do better than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon has been obscured by fog here but we can still see the brightness. We saw it briefly on Saturday night. So beautiful.
    I ordered the sheets and can't wait to get them. Thanks, Judy.
    Like the new plants and hope they do better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the Super Moon AND I forgot to watch Under the Dome. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang...they don't ship those sheets to Canada...what are we ..chopped liver??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the moon over here - it was too hazy. The sheets sound amazing.
    , especially in that heat. Jx

    ReplyDelete