title explained

Onward and upward! something that you say in order to encourage someone to forget an unpleasant experience or failure and to think about the future instead and move forward.

My e-mail: jjmiller6213@comcast.net

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Who Am I?

Today's high temperature was:  72 degrees
Today's humidity was:  60%
Sunny, a nice breeze- PERFECT!

Someday's I wonder who in the heck am I.  I feel strange in my head at times.  I don't have the same reactions, fears or thoughts that I have had most of my life.  Things that I use to be so definite about, now I find grey areas.  I don't have much motivation.  Late in the evening, when I really feel awake and alive, I think about what I am going to do the next day.  Then, in the morning, I wake up and I just don't care.  

What's up with that?

I always feel better mentally and physically if I get out, or do a chore, but the motivation to do that...just isn't there. I feel like I have to force myself to get out of bed..to get outside...to even move out of my chair.

No--I am not depressed--I don't think.  I've never been a lazy person.  I don't know..........maybe I AM losing my mind.
===================================
My alarm went off at 8:00, as usual.  I turned it off, rolled over and went back to sleep until 10:00, as usual.  I so want to stop this habit!  But--I don't feel awake until around 10:00 at night, so...I stay up until 2-3 or 4.  No wonder I can't wake up at 8:00.  It's summer!  Lots of light in the morning.  Lots of time to get things done!  I tried going to bed last night at 11:00--couldn't sleep.  Took a Melatonin, still couldn't sleep.  Finally at 2:00, I took a Benedryl--then I slept and I must have slept well because, when I made the bed this morning, I only had to pull up the covers on my side of the bed.  The covers weren't wrinkled, the other side, still made up.

I got up, fed the cats and sat down at the computer for two hours!  It was noon--I hadn't eaten yet--walked up to Pearl's for a chat for an hour.  When I got back home, I got a half a sandwich, and sat down in my chair.  I was going to watch a movie.

Then I remembered--the big chore I wanted to do outside.  It was my kind of weather--cool, with a nice breeze.  I made myself get up and outside and worked on the chore.  Hard work and I got it done.  Not perfect, but...good enough.  The lawn area under the bird feeders is now level with the rest of the lawn--not that 8 inch mound anymore.  
 




Nice and level
I used my garden fork to dig with, to loosen it up with, then shoveled all the chunks into yard waste bags--it took two, only about 1/4 full--I could hardly drag them to the drive.  Then I raked it.  Now, I just need to put a bit of grass seed on it and all is well.

My back was screaming like a banshee, so I put a DVD of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" in the player, sat down and cross stitched while I watched it.  I haven't seen the movie since it's release, some 40 years ago and had forgotten how hilarious and sad it was. When it was over, I felt unsettled.

I got up and moved around a bit and went outside to check out my Freddy Gifts.  The lilies are still beautiful--the one by the front porch steps still has not bloomed, but is loaded with buds.  I think the pink one is my favorite.


Maybe that's what is wrong with me.  I had a sad time last night and today, thinking about Fred a lot.  I go days without even thinking of him and then---BAM--for no reason.  I don't understand it.  Maybe I didn't grieve hard enough or long enough?  Maybe this is some delayed shit? 

I have been feeling so upbeat lately and now...beat down.  I tell you---my moods are like the temperature--way high one day, cool the next.  

...and yet--I feel different.  I ponder on that--I ponder way too much.  Always trying to figure things out.  

I don't have the fears I use too.  I don't have the feeling that I am being ridiculed by the elders anymore.  I have such freedom and I like it.  Maybe it's this new person that is emerging from the constraints of so many years--and thus, it feels strange?  Even a bad habit is missed when it is gone.  

Maybe that's it!  Maybe it is this feeling of finally being free for the first time in my life and I am not use to that.  I don't have to be continually thinking of how I can be pleasing or please the Daddy and step-mother.  I actually have no one I have to account to.

I have no one, but me.  Now that is something I certainly am not use to!!! 

Maybe I feel a bit lost from all the recent changes?  I just don't feel real comfortable in my own skin.

Who am I?  I guess I better get to it and figure that all out!!!

   





5 comments:

  1. Wow! You should just enjoy your freedom! And those beautiful lillys, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I believe we "ponder" too much. Not the same at all, but after my mother passed in 2000, I didn't know how "to be". I guess I went kind of nuts; no one to tell me what to do. She'd done it my entire life!! And, then after a few months I kept getting phone calls from a cousin who lives down in Sun City FL. She wanted me to go down there and visit. WTH? I hadn't seen her YEARS! To make a long story short; I hadn't been there two hours when she told me that she'd always believed my mother gave birth to her. It was surreal; it was creepy and then I had something to ponder. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've hit something with the no need to be pleasing anyone. Once we learn that behavior, we spend all our time trying to please others and we don't know how to just 'be'. And grief just looks different at different stages. Be kind to yourself!! The flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've figured out how to be lazy without guilt. I have tremendous amounts of time to fill, and sometimes I fill the time doing what I love, reading. And I don't feel guilty about that.

    Then, I take advantage of those times when I have a burst of energy and take care of some chore, and I feel good that I did it.

    I'm all about making myself feel good, whether I'm doing something or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a night owl, too, and like to spend my mornings on the computer. It's hard at times not to feel guilty about being a few beats away from what "normal" people do. If you figure out who you are, let me know. I'm still looking for me as well.

    ReplyDelete